Research ORAS Quick and Dirty Path Guide

IAR, some more to add to your list

Route 117

Pokemon:
- Old Rod: Goldeen (lv5), Magikarp (lv5),

Route 118

Pokemon:

Trainers:
- Fisherman Wade: Carvanha (lv17, rough skin)

Items:
- Heart Scale: Rock on beach near fisherman (dowsing)

POI:
- Rock/Mountain at the top right part of the beach has a small hole, likely a secret base.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sea Mauville Keys
  1. Female Inner Tuber in the first indoor room on the right (go right instead of down at the first underwater intersection).
  2. In Room 1 in the lower shelf on the left wall.
  3. N/A
  4. After going outside via Room 6, talk to the fisherman on the sand bar and ask him if he caught anything. He'll give you the Key.
  5. N/A
  6. In Room 2 there are two girls talking and totally not making out or anything (seriously, one is blushing when you talk to her). The girl on the right gives you the key.

Sea Mauville Rooms
  1. First door on the left you come across in the first room. This is where you get Key 2.
  2. Door directly below Room 1's door. This is where you get Key 6.
  3. Only door on the right in the left part of the first room. Lois and Hal are in here, and they have a Volbeat and Illumuise both at level 28.
  4. Below and to the left of the Female Inner Tuber in the first indoor room that gives you Key 1. This is where you get the Storage Key.
  5. On the bottom left of the right section. Has a message saying "you're being watched", but I can't figure out by what or what to do. EDIT: Examining the left part of the bookcase talks about the Odd Keystone and gives you another "you're being watched message". Don't know what to do afterward.
  6. Below and to the right of the Female Inner Tuber in the first indoor room that gives you Key 1. This room gives access to the rest of rightside portion of the outside. This is where you get Key 4 by going outside and where you use the Storage Key.
  7. AKA Storage: Found on the outside of Room 6, requires Storage Key. You get a bunch of Nuggets, Big Nuggets, a Luxury Ball, and TM13 Ice Beam. If you're completed the Cave of Origin and beat Kyogre/Groudon you can grab Beedrillite.

There's an area below the first room by going down at the Dive intersection, but it doesn't seem to go anywhere. Must be something for postgame (I think someone mentioned it's where you get Lugia for one version?).
EDIT: Stupid me, it's where the scanner is. Looking now.
EDIT 2: The scanner is at the stairs on the right side. It's about where the thin lines in the floor meet in a perfectly sized + shape.

Last edited:

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Didn't see this mentioned, but the in-game Lati@s appears to have a 100% sync rate.

Karxrida

The Tutor for Draco Meteor in Sootopolis. His house is above and slightly to the right of the Pokemon Center, at the top of a long staircase near a little boy (NOT the Youngster).

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
I went through the early routes with the dowsing machine to see if I could find some useful stuff. Most of what I found was skip-able but I did find a Balm Mushroom in Petalburg Woods and several Heart Scales in certain places.

Below is what I got with some rough descriptions of where I found them. Apologies for the vagueness of some of these - it's difficult to describe positions in cases where there isn't a good reference point nearby to help explain it.

Route 104 (S):

Pokeball - Below Mr. Briney's house on the beach, a bit to the left of the woman standing in this area
Heart Scale - Just below the fisherman (Youngster Billy steps on this spot as he walks his usual pattern)
Antidote - Near the shore, to the left of the Wingull flock

Petalburg Woods:

Tiny Mushroom - Beyond the Cut bush, in the small gap above the grass to the right of the bush
Tiny Mushroom - Head south of Moss Rock, jump the ledge, to the left of the grass below that ledge
Balm Mushroom - In the corner to the left of Bug Catcher James
Potion - In the empty spot within the grass patch above the south-eastern exit of the woods

Route 104 (N):

Super Potion - In one of the empty spots in the grass behind the flower shop
Pokeball - In one of the empty spots in the grass behind the flower shop

Route 116:

Super Potion - In tree maze, in the south-west corner above the ledge

Rusturf Tunnel:

Dire Hit - In the large rock north of the western entrance

Route 106:

Heart Scale - Just east of the route 106 sign, in a corner near the shore
Startdust - In the large rock right above Backpacker Graeme
Pokeball - Found somewhere along the thin path leading up and behind Granite Cave, close to the Fisherman

Granite Cave (all of these require the Mach Bike):

Paralyze Heal - BF1, down the path to the lower-right of the hill that requires the Mach Bike, to the left of the rock at the dead end
X Defense - BF1, head up the first hill and then the next hill leading right, follow path east and check the corner where the path starts heading down
Super Potion - BF2, head down the northern ladder on BF1 below the secret base hole and check the lower right corner of this room
Everstone - BF2, head down the south-eastern ladder, check the large rock between TM65 and the Steelixite

Route 109:

Great Ball - In front of the umbrellas leaning against Seashore House
Heart Scale - Check blue umbrella post south east of Seashore House and south of the woman who talks about kids
Revive - Check red umbrella post just left of the Route 109 sign
Ether - Right of the red umbrella at the south-eastern part of the beach (to the right of the pier)
Heart Scale - Right above the man with the Zigzagoon

Mauville City:

X Defense, Luxury Ball, Max Repel - Just confirming what MikeAU said about these, didn't find anything else

Some other things:

Magnemite can be found in hordes on Route 110. Sweet Scent Oddish is found on the same route so it's easy to trigger hordes by then, and Magnemite hordes are pretty common from my experiences. Plusle and Minun are exclusive to hordes in OR and AS, respectively.

Goldeen can be caught before the second gym, similar to the original games. After getting the Old Rod, just sail back to Petalburg City and fish in the ponds there to find it. Not a huge deal but should be noted for potential tiering purposes later (it has Peck so it can contribute a bit against Brawly's gym).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thanks those offering findings I will deal with them soon enough.

Also this guide is now updated to the start of Route 119 including surf routes. Whee...

Route 111 - South

Items:
- Star Piece, Hard Stone: Rock Smash midway up the route.
Route 113

Items:
- Ether; left of map up on raised area after youngster neal in an empty square (dowsing)
- Nugget; due south under the house and jumping down (dowsing)

Fallarbor Town:

Items
- Honey; bug catcher -- top left corner of Pokemon Centre
- Nugget: southwest of contest hall/pokemon centre, inside crater (dowsing)

Route 114

Items:
- Wepear berry; outside Lanette's house given by NPC
- Comet Shard; just after Rival runs off after the professor, the center of the left metatlic crater. (dowsing)
- Rare bone; centre of larger (dowsing)
- Carbos; south of challenge by the twins (Tyra and Ivy)

Meteor Falls

Items:

Trainers:
- Team Magma Grunt & Magma Admin Tabitha: Grunt - Koffing (lv23) / Tabitha: Mightyena (lv23), Numel (lv23)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Up to Lilycove with Rival Battle done. Also I am not going to list what berries you get any more and just say that you get berries just so this whole thing will fit within the 65k character limit. I might do other lazy things as well.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Wow IAR so slow lol.

So Ive beaten Wallace and gotten up to the E4. I took a few notes with me but not a whole lot.

After Primal events you obtain the National Dex. You have access to the Mauville City Apartments and New Mauville. The Apartments hold a few things:

- TM U-turn (the one fellows apartment who is powerless. Barge through the door amd go out towards the pavilion).
- Lopunnite (talk to the security guard outside, leave, then go back and see him. If not he should appear after New Mauville.
- A Rotation Battle you can do once a day.
- Visit Wattson to get your retina scanned.

In New Mauville there are a few scrap items. The main important one is Ampharosite. After sending the scan back to Wattson via the computer in New Mauville go back to the apartments and talk to Wattson again. He will give you the TM for Thunderbolt.

Sea Mauville has a lot in it once you have the National Dex and Dive. I dont remember everything but I do know you can catch Spiritomb once you have the National Dex. After Diving and going towards the rhs and resurfacing go towards the first door on the left. It will say you are being watched. If yiu are soft resetting for Spiritomb save here. Go towards the bookcase and look at the shelf on the lhs. After reading you will be watched again. Press X and go into anywhere like Items or Pokemon. After exiting the Stone Key will be there which will become Spiritomb.

Fair warning - if you save right where Spiritomb appears you will be forced to fight it.

Furthermore when you Dive if you go into the basement and surf around in there (towards the engine room) you will find a scanner. The scanner is found on the rhs of the area. You dont have to press A - you just have to walk into it.

The scanner should be given to Stern in Slateport. He is in the location with the submarine. After giving you the scanner he will give you a certain bell - in OR it is for Ho-oh and AS it is for Lugia. To find them Ho-oh is on top of the ship in Sea Mauville. For Lugia head towards the engine room.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Would have got this down earlier but I lost access to Smogon for whatever reason.

Now updated through to the Kyogre fight.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Okay this is up to date to the entry to Victory Road. And I am less than 10k chars until the 65k limit... Whoo... -.-'

I am not going to cover the postgame nor am I covering the other legends bar maybe regis.

And now I am showing how much of a role model I really am with all this double posting... -.-'

atsync

Not sure if this has been noted already but it seems that the Castform given to you at the Weather Institute also has a set nature, partially set IVs, and POSSIBLY a set gender too! I've been soft-resetting for it and have always gotten a Special Attack of 31 IV, a Lax Nature (?_?), and female gender. The other IVs appear to be random though.

Karxrida

Not sure if this has been noted already but it seems that the Castform given to you at the Weather Institute also has a set nature, partially set IVs, and POSSIBLY a set gender too! I've been soft-resetting for it and have always gotten a Special Attack of 31 IV, a Lax Nature (?_?), and female gender. The other IVs appear to be random though.
I can confirm this is true. Lax is a weird nature to give, as GF has been pretty good about giving natures that competitive players would actually use.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Noted Castform Nature.

Updated through champion now. There are a few things missing like Omega Ruby mons / trainers and diff starters for rival teams that I should get to though I only have roughly 7.5k chars till I hit the limit.

Karxrida

Noted Castform Nature.

Updated through champion now. There are a few things missing like Omega Ruby mons / trainers and diff starters for rival teams that I should get to though I only have roughly 7.5k chars till I hit the limit.
The starter replacements are Wailmer/Wailord for Mudkip, Numel/Camerupt for Torichic, and... something else... for Treecko.

atsync

If you speak to the scientist downstairs in the Weather Institute after defeat Team Magma/Aqua, you get a Rocky Helmet.

I also got an Icy Rock from the receptionist. She probably gives you a different weather rock depending on what time you talk to her (I got Icy Rock at around 7am).

Charcoal is obtained from a man in the Herb Shop of Lavaridge Town.

Nosepass can be caught in Dewford Cave by smashing the rocks as usual. You need Mach Bike to get to them obviously.

Jigglypuff is on Route 115 (requires Surf to reach the grass patch).

Finally, I've been gathering more hidden items. Not sure if these are needed for the guide, but some people might find some of these useful (mainly Heart Scales, PP Ups and Rare Candies).

Verdanturf Town:

Repel - Next to the Mawilite

Route 114:

Revive - West of the bottom of the bridge, in a spot to the southwest of the secret base tree

Also, the Carbos that MikeAU listed is hidden.

Route 115:

Heart Scale - In a corner on the beach near Battle Girl Cyndy

Mt. Chimney:

Protein - At the end of the path leading right around the crater (need to beat Magma/Aqua first)

Jagged Path:

Full Heal - In a small rock just to the lower left of Expert Shelby
Great Ball - In a corner directly right of Camper Ethan

Lavaridge Town:

Ice Heal - In centre of hot spring reached by entering the right door in the Pokemon Centre with the pink sign above it

Route 111 Desert:

Revive - Right side of the desert, southeast of Picnicker Heidi, surrounded by rocks
PP Up - In sand south of Camper Drew
Rare Candy - In a square-shaped hole, near some large rocks, right side of the desert, somewhat southeast of where Camper Drew wanders back and forth
Protein - In a small rock north of Picnicker Becky
Stardust - In the patch of thick sand near Ruin Maniac Dusty

Petalburg City:

Rare Candy - In a gap across the southern pond (requires Surf)

Route 105:

Big Pearl - On left-most beach, directy above the Iron and west of Swimmer Luis
Heart Scale - Directly below a lone rock, south of Swimmer Luis

Route 108:

Rare Candy - On a small beach along the southern side of the route, below a Star Piece

Route 109:

Heart Scale - On an island and right in front of Young Couple Mel and Paul

Route 118:

Iron - In rock south of where Gaby and Ty stand

Route 123:

Revive - Left of Berry Master's house, above the Ultra Ball

Route 119:

Full Heal - In top section of thick grass with Mimic Circle, below Pokemon Ranger Catherine
Calcium - Requires Acro Bike. Across the southern-most Acro Bike platform, follow the path to the secret base hole in the wall, should be just to the right of that
Max Ether - From the stairs below where your rival battles you, Surf to the small platform to the right of the waterfall to the north, should be on the top tile of that platform
Ultra Ball - From the stairs below where your rival battles you, Surf down the river until you reach the first small section of land on the right side, check the empty spot in the middle of the long grass

I made an account just for this. Hope it emails me when ppl reply to me or this in general. Is there a store for buying special pokeballs like timer and quick balls? I looked around in Mauville and in the Lilycove DS but nothing there. I'm partway into the DE and maybe you could make a guide for that or just the postgame in general. I was wondering how you EV train because I have never done it. How do you? I can't wait to get Rayquaza since it's my fave poke. I heard one place that you can get the starters from the other games . Is that true? If anyone has an Eon ticket they don't want or a Lugia that they would trade for Ho-Oh or a Sableeye for anything , then I would like to trade.

Mt. Chimney

After getting off the cable car, and as you make your way past the Grunts. Just before the bridge where the Admin is (Omega Ruby it is Tabitha) there's a set of stairs to the top left of that area, if you follow them it leads you to TM59 Incinerate. Also, after defeating the Admin and Leader and getting the Meteorite, if you go all the way around the other side of canyon area, there is a hidden Protein.

For Omega Ruby, Team Magma have;

Magma Grunt; Poochyena and Koffing, both level 22.
Magma Admin Tabitha; Koffing and Numel, both level 24.
Magma Leader Maxie; Mightyena and Golbat, both level 25 and a Camerupt level 27.

Hope that helps...

I made an account just for this. Hope it emails me when ppl reply to me or this in general. Is there a store for buying special pokeballs like timer and quick balls? I looked around in Mauville and in the Lilycove DS but nothing there.
Timer Balls are in Rustboro, Dusk and Quick Balls are in Fallarbor.

The national dex is available immediately after defeating or capturing the primal legendary. You do not need to have the rain badge to obtain it, he tells you about it whether you already have it or not.

Route 101
After completing the Delta Episode...
Choose either Chikorite, Cyndaquil or Totodile from Professor Birch.

After defeating the Elite Four twice
Choose either Turtwig, Chimchar or Piplup from Professor Birch.

After defeating the Elite Four the third time.
Choose either Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott from Professor Birch.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That can't be the correct unlock condition for the 4th generation starters. I received them before defeating the Elite 4 twice. The cutscene activated after I returned home and received Amulet Coin + Latiasite from my mother post-Delta Episode. The condition seems like it would be "return home again after defeating the Elite 4," but I'm not certain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)