Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anyone else post this, so forgive me if it has been, but the PS! damage calculator is not working for me. It's asking me to return to the parent directory, which sends me to the PS homepage.

I haven't seen anyone else post this, so forgive me if it has been, but the PS! damage calculator is not working for me. It's asking me to return to the parent directory, which sends me to the PS homepage.
Following on this, it's weird because it still works if you already had it open before it went down.

The VGC 2014 ladder on pokemon showdown is allowing players to use the ORAS megas even though they aren't in the game code of pokemon XY, which every set in the VGC 2014 format must be compatible with. Is anyone able to fix this? I would post a replay of it happening but the replay system is down.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I wasn't sure.

WECAMEASROMANS

Banned deucer.
If a pokemon with a weather ability (like drizzle) comes into the field and faint due to entry hazards, their weather should not go up. So if a politoed comes in the field and dies to stealth rock, rain should not go up.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou-278505

in that replay, stealth rock was up, and politoed fainted upon entry switching in. But rain still went up, so I think this is a bug.

Reactions: g
The ladder is still broken
I've won like 7-8 battles and lost 1 in OU, then I checked my ladder record and found my record is 0-1
That just sounds unfair to have only losses counted

Last edited:

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just now in random doubles I got a Rayquaza with the ability to mega evolve that held a life orb.
Rayquaza has Mega Evolved into Mega Rayquaza!
A mysterious air current is protecting Flying-type Pokemon!

Rayquaza used ExtremeSpeed!
The opposing Cloyster lost 6% of its health!
Rayquaza lost some of its HP!
edit: oh, wasn't aware of this. my bad and thanks for the heads up NOVED

Last edited:

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
If a pokemon with a weather ability (like drizzle) comes into the field and faint due to entry hazards, their weather should not go up. So if a politoed comes in the field and dies to stealth rock, rain should not go up.

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-ou-278505

in that replay, stealth rock was up, and politoed fainted upon entry switching in. But rain still went up, so I think this is a bug.
Thanks, fixed next server update! (Surprised no one else has reported this since.)

Showdown is not letting me put symbols in my name. I keep entering my username as T29★Tyler but it shows up as T29Tyler. Showdown didn't used to do this, it would let me use symbols in my name. Help?

Showdown is not letting me put symbols in my name. I keep entering my username as T29★Tyler but it shows up as T29Tyler. Showdown didn't used to do this, it would let me use symbols in my name. Help?
Because of the recent issues with the server, a lot of things were reset including our filter on usernames. As a temporary solution, most non alphanumeric characters are disallowed in usernames for the time being. The old filter should be reinstated soon though.

Because of the recent issues with the server, a lot of things were reset including our filter on usernames. As a temporary solution, most non alphanumeric characters are disallowed in usernames for the time being. The old filter should be reinstated soon though.
oh, that makes sense. Thanks

In a triple battle (Seasonal, to be more exact), when there was only one pokemon left on each side and they both were automatically moved to center, leech seed stopped working.
Unfortunately, replays aren't working now, so I can't give it.

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Umm Healing Wish is bugged.

Also on another thing, Primal Groudon and Kyogre's abilities still override Delta Stream, which they shouldn't.
I might be mistaken but since its doubles and the position matters the likely cause is that Lugia got called out in the spot where your Ho-oh was before, making the HW work on nothing.

Umm Healing Wish is bugged.
Fixed after next restart.

Edit: LOL I fixed a different, actual, bug related to Healing Wish. The scenario that happened to you works as intended. You should have switched Lugia in to Skymin's position rather than Ho-Oh's.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is supposed to be like this:

only fuck whities withdrew chode (Mewtwo-Mega-X)!

only fuck whities sent out sleep with me (Kyogre-Primal)!

Chansey used Infestation!
The opposing sleep with me lost 4% of its health!
The opposing sleep with me has been afflicted with an infestation by Chansey!

The opposing sleep with me restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The opposing sleep with me is hurt by Infestation!
Turn 9
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.

The opposing sleep with me used Spore!
Chansey fell asleep!

Chansey is fast asleep.

The opposing sleep with me is hurt by Infestation!
Turn 10
You have 150 seconds to make your decision.

The opposing sleep with me used Substitute!
The opposing sleep with me put in a substitute!
The opposing sleep with me lost 25% of its health!
Chansey woke up!

Chansey used Draco Meteor!
The opposing sleep with me's substitute faded!
Chansey's Special Attack sharply rose!

Basically, the opponent's Pokemon didn't take passive damage from Infestation after using Substitute. Is this on purpose?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Next time you'll want to click the save replay button and link to that. The current battle room disappears after a few minutes, so we can't see what happened.

Apparently replays are down currently anyway but that's a different problem.

I had an opponent used a mega salamence in VGC 14 (Now the VGC 15 rule set until it is next updated). According to the rules, VGC 15 states that ORAS will take over XY on Jan 1st, meaning that all ORAS megas and specific moves are still banned in the VGC rules. Tutors and level up moves, however, are not banned.

A minor visual glitch I'd noticed... the tooltip for a Pokémon doesn't disappear when it faints. Normally you can wait for its replacement or hover another Pokémon to get a new tooltip, but if you forget to do that you can accidentally close the battle with the tooltip still active. (Worst case scenario is a 0-0 result, because you have to instant replay in order to be able to clear the tooltip.)

I'm new here but anyways strait to the point: I don't have any pics of it but while I was battling a user names eat a peach my opponent mega evolved his/her Alakazam even though it was a UU match. This is odd since M Zam is BL.

I'm new here but anyways strait to the point: I don't have any pics of it but while I was battling a user names eat a peach my opponent mega evolved his/her Alakazam even though it was a UU match. This is odd since M Zam is BL.
If I may point you here: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/tags/uu

It doesn't state that alakazite was banned, and as alaka is in UU, "technically" it is legal. Don't know if it is an error or not

I accidentally left the browser open to Showdown overnight, and when I came back it was sucking 3GB of RAM, which is about 10× more than normal... I'm sure it didn't used to do that, but perhaps something was lost in the great disk crash.

EDIT: I managed to open about:memory and it got as far as telling me that Showdown had 1.6GB of orphan nodes before the browser locked up completely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)