Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What I meant was outside of Gronk/Julius/Graham TEs have not just been subpar, they've been outright TURRIBLE. It's almost as if offenses are just not using them like they used to.

That's the way it is every year with TEs. There's the elite guys like Jimmy G, Gronk, and Orange Julius, then the solid-but-uninspiring guys like Olsen and Gates. Vernon Davis and Witten used to be the solid-but-uninspiring guys, but their roles have changed this year to more blocking, so that may affect perceptions that the position is having a down year overall. Also Jordan Cameron (when healthy) is severely underutilized.

Most TEs (even Julius) seem extremely inconsistent, which they are: a lot of them are touchdown-dependent fantasy options.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Love TEs being bad this year. Means there's one less position I have to worry about since both my opponent and I are just taking a name out of a hat and praying for 5 points

playing the #1 guy in my money league, i've got manning and sanders and he's got DT.... so of course manning misses sanders on 4 possible touchdowns while hitting DT for 3 of them.. fml

i am going to laugh so hard if i win League C.

got crushed in my PPR league, had to pick up a TE off waivers at like 11am since JT was out. Marcedes Lewis did shit. Calvin did shit. Cutler did shit. Marshall did shit. Shorts III did shit. Broncos D did shit.

it's alright though, i was #1 and now we'll be tied for 1st and i'm guaranteed a playoff spot.

standard league was an easy win.

In a must-win week in my money league, my team came through despite Leveon Bell being on bye. Now I'm in 4th with a 50 point lead over 5th and 6th place. My last 2 opponents are ranked last in the league, so I just have to maintain this points advantage. The 3rd place guy is playing the 1st place dude next week, and if the 3rd place guy loses, I have a 60 point lead over him. So hopefully I can make the playoffs...

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm now first in both Smogon B league and my 10 team league, after having LeVeon Bell out on bye. Feelsgoodman.jpg

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Barring Ingram doing nothing and other random irrelevant players on other teams exploding, make that four weeks in a row.
Like, say Justin Forsett scoring 32 for Aldaron and Ingram scoring 5.20 for me.

-_----------------------------------------------

On the bright side, I still took the lead in total points scored on the season by about 1.5 over Justin and Aldaton.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm looking good in all my leagues, locked up playoffs in two and should be safe to make it in all the rest. Only tense spot is in Smogon League C where my luck has finally turned around with me sitting in 5th, and should remain there or better on my remaining schedule.

5/12, 2/10, 4/10, 3/12, 2/10

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This was my week 1 of a 2 week playoff round. My opp scored 117. 54 point cushion... surely I can't choke this.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's a dynasty league and I'm a good manager. I took over this team from someone 4 years ago when it went 2-10 and have improved each year, now 9-3. Picked up Gordon off of the waiver wire a year or two before he was big. I got Julio and Antonio Brown 4 years ago. Got Lacy in his rookie draft. Got Maclin for a lot cheaper than he should have been when he was out in 2013, etc.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Almost 164 points this week in league B - a league where we can only roll with 2 WR's and one flex spot. The Stallion train rolls on

so last week i benched delanie walker for coby fleener, walker goes off for 20 points. so this week i bench fleener after he did nothing next week, for walker. walker puts up 1.6 points while fleener scores 2 touchdowns. fml

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)