ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay, how do you get the ability to own both bikes at once? I've gone to the Resort and can't figure out how to get Rydle to let me hold both.

Okay, how do you get the ability to own both bikes at once? I've gone to the Resort and can't figure out how to get Rydle to let me hold both.
Ride the acro bike and talk to the bird trainer past the waterfall near the weather institute and then show a hex maniac near the desert the mach bike...then you can use both

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Go to the TV station in Mauville and take a seat at the studio.

I think I just found my favorite feature of ORAS.
Yeah, did that too (how can you not?). I also sat in the Commander's seat in the Mossdeep Space Station's Mission Control and stood behind the cutout figures. I've also been making sure to learn about each member of the Hoenn Rangers. :P

Day 3's Commets:
1. So, defeated Winona and Tate & Liza so got Fly and Dive making traveling around SO much easier. Also found out why there are random islands at the beginning of water routes with just a sign on them, it's the fly locations. Onto Diving adventures.
2. Well I got all the shards, but I don't know if I want to give them to the Treasure Hunter. He just gives you the basic Evolution Stones which don't really seem worth it, kind of wished the changed it to something else.
3. Did Sea Mauville, well, at least the initial mystery. I say initial since I didn't find the Scanner so I'm assuming there's something else to do there later (also there's a bottom section that I did nothing in). Anyway seems like there's a mystery with Sea Mauville, it was doing some kind of secret project and Professor Cozmo's father was working on it. He got himself into a bit of trouble there, and in addition letters from a child Cozmo seemed to indicate that since his father was working so much at Sea Mauville that his mother might have been having an affair (child Cozmo says his mom didn't seem sad his father wasn't around, instead always going out with friends. In addition the one time Cosmo's father came home he had an argument with his wife). Still, not completely sure what happened since they do that thing where they remove letters thus making the sentence hard to read. Apparently they were looking for some kind of new energy but I think someone stole something and Cosmo lost something else. It then ends you going into a storage room FILLED WITH NUGGETS AND BIG NUGGETS! And if that doesn't interest you, also Beedrill's Mega Stone and TM for Ice Beam. Also you were "helping" some other people looking for the treasure, but as it turns out the treasure the old man was looking for was... I couldn't tell the screen was pulled too far back. However he called it "My Takeo" which was the name of Cosmo's father, so???
4. Speaking of Mysteries, went though Aqua Hideouts and found some interesting stuff. Basically they changed the story a bit, instead of Kyogre/Groudon getting tired and taking a nap after their battle they were sealed away with a powerful seal. So Aqua/Magma is going to need a special drill to break the seal, and according to research files the energy they use for the drill is the same energy as AZ used for the Ultimate Weapon (um, how do the know about AZ and the Ultimate Weapon?). Also you can go into the rooms of the Admin's and in Shelly's room I found something odd. She has a picture of apparently Archie, a black haired girl (who's name is -rachi), and a Pokemon with 7 notes on its head. Does anyone what's that suppose to be? Also Shelly used to work for Devon Corporation. Also I'm interested in seeing how the Magma version of the sub looks, Aqua looked like a Sharpedo.
5. I noticed some funny mechanic changes. First time I noticed it was when collecting Soot, instead of getting if off the grass you needed to walk over piles of soot. However that was okay, they changed the dialogue to match it. What they forgot to change was the dialogue for the Mimic Circle and hiding Ninja Boys. In the original games the trainers in the Mimic Circle would copy your movements while the hiding Ninja Boys would hide behind a tree folding board and surprise challenge you. In the remakes? Mimic Circle trainers don't mimic you and you actually need to talk with the hiding Ninja Boy to battle them. However, their dialogue wasn't changed, so the Mimic Circle trainers still explain their copying your movements while the hiding Ninja Boys talk about folding their board (which is a tree cutout now) and surprising you. Oops.
6. So some stuff on my team. I added Latias because why not and it's working out pretty good. Also a random trainer told me Sharpedo surfed faster and curious I got a Sharpedo and, well, now my Tentecruel knows Hydro Pump instead of Surf and Sharpedo is my Surf/Dive slave (and probably Waterfall as well). Other then that no other major changes, with Latios on my team that means Breloom is only taking out when I go on a catching spree.
7. So it looks like they redesigned the Feather Badge. Now by much, it just has an additional wing piece at the end, but still that's a more notable change than the other badge got. Also like what they did with her Gym, before the flipping walls didn't make much sense for a Flying Gym, but they changes it so now the walls look like weather vane.
8. For those using Cosplay Pikachu, Light Orb on Route 120.
9. Something I forgot to mention last time. Met with Lanette at her home where talking with her she'll make the PC for efficient by moving the "Move Boxes" as the first choice. Do you know what that means? GameFreak perfectly knows everyone wants Move Box as the first choice, but instead of making it the first choice by default they require you to talk with Lanette first... WHY?!
10. Figured out Trick House, as it turns out he was just hiding under the pillow which I didn't think was an option to interact with. Anyway solved his final puzzle and... all I got was a Blue Tent. Pfft.

That's all I can remember right now. My team is really shaping up, I now feel confident I can take the Elite Four & Champion on with it.

Yeah, did that too (how can you not?). I also sat in the Commander's seat in the Mossdeep Space Station's Mission Control and stood behind the cutout figures. I've also been making sure to learn about each member of the Hoenn Rangers. :P

Day 3's Commets:
So, defeated Winona and Tate & Liza so got Fly and Dive making traveling around SO much easier. Also found out why there are random islands at the beginning of water routes with just a sign on them, it's the fly locations. Onto Diving adventures.
2. Well I got all the shards, but I don't know if I want to give them to the Treasure Hunter. He just gives you the basic Evolution Stones which don't really seem worth it, kind of wished the changed it to something else.
3. Did Sea Mauville, well, at least the initial mystery. I say initial since I didn't find the Scanner so I'm assuming there's something else to do there later (also there's a bottom section that I did nothing in). Anyway seems like there's a mystery with Sea Mauville, it was doing some kind of secret project and Professor Cozmo's father was working on it. He got himself into a bit of trouble there, and in addition letters from a child Cozmo seemed to indicate that since his father was working so much at Sea Mauville that his mother might have been having an affair (child Cozmo says his mom didn't seem sad his father wasn't around, instead always going out with friends. In addition the one time Cosmo's father came home he had an argument with his wife). Still, not completely sure what happened since they do that thing where they remove letters thus making the sentence hard to read. Apparently they were looking for some kind of new energy but I think someone stole something and Cosmo lost something else. It then ends you going into a storage room FILLED WITH NUGGETS AND BIG NUGGETS! And if that doesn't interest you, also Beedrill's Mega Stone and TM for Ice Beam. Also you were "helping" some other people looking for the treasure, but as it turns out the treasure the old man was looking for was... I couldn't tell the screen was pulled too far back. However he called it "My Takeo" which was the name of Cosmo's father, so???
4. Speaking of Mysteries, went though Aqua Hideouts and found some interesting stuff. Basically they changed the story a bit, instead of Kyogre/Groudon getting tired and taking a nap after their battle they were sealed away with a powerful seal. So Aqua/Magma is going to need a special drill to break the seal, and according to research files the energy they use for the drill is the same energy as AZ used for the Ultimate Weapon (um, how do the know about AZ and the Ultimate Weapon?). Also you can go into the rooms of the Admin's and in Shelly's room I found something odd. She has a picture of apparently Archie, a black haired girl (who's name is -rachi), and a Pokemon with 7 notes on its head. Does anyone what's that suppose to be? Also Shelly used to work for Devon Corporation. Also I'm interested in seeing how the Magma version of the sub looks, Aqua looked like a Sharpedo.
5. I noticed some funny mechanic changes. First time I noticed it was when collecting Soot, instead of getting if off the grass you needed to walk over piles of soot. However that was okay, they changed the dialogue to match it. What they forgot to change was the dialogue for the Mimic Circle and hiding Ninja Boys. In the original games the trainers in the Mimic Circle would copy your movements while the hiding Ninja Boys would hide behind a tree folding board and surprise challenge you. In the remakes? Mimic Circle trainers don't mimic you and you actually need to talk with the hiding Ninja Boy to battle them. However, their dialogue wasn't changed, so the Mimic Circle trainers still explain their copying your movements while the hiding Ninja Boys talk about folding their board (which is a tree cutout now) and surprising you. Oops.
6. So some stuff on my team. I added Latias because why not and it's working out pretty good. Also a random trainer told me Sharpedo surfed faster and curious I got a Sharpedo and, well, now my Tentecruel knows Hydro Pump instead of Surf and Sharpedo is my Surf/Dive slave (and probably Waterfall as well). Other then that no other major changes, with Latios on my team that means Breloom is only taking out when I go on a catching spree.
7. So it looks like they redesigned the Feather Badge. Now by much, it just has an additional wing piece at the end, but still that's a more notable change than the other badge got. Also like what they did with her Gym, before the flipping walls didn't make much sense for a Flying Gym, but they changes it so now the walls look like weather vane.
8. For those using Cosplay Pikachu, Light Orb on Route 120.
9. Something I forgot to mention last time. Met with Lanette at her home where talking with her she'll make the PC for efficient by moving the "Move Boxes" as the first choice. Do you know what that means? GameFreak perfectly knows everyone wants Move Box as the first choice, but instead of making it the first choice by default they require you to talk with Lanette first... WHY?!
10. Figured out Trick House, as it turns out he was just hiding under the pillow which I didn't think was an option to interact with. Anyway solved his final puzzle and... all I got was a Blue Tent. Pfft.

That's all I can remember right now. My team is really shaping up, I now feel confident I can take the Elite Four & Champion on with it.
I beat the Elite Four with a low range team :p
My Sceptile (Gaia) was my highest level....i was trying tp beat my record time at being a pokemon game so i dodnt train for the Elite Four and dove right in lol

I had a Lvl.48Manectric(Fusion)-holding mega stone
Lvl.47Latias-holding Mega stone
Lvl.43Camerupt(Erupt)
Lvl.42Sharpedo(Brute)
Lvl.63Sceptile(Gaia)-holding Mega Stone
And lvl.41 Gallade(Knight)

Ill be honest the only time i had to creat a strategy that was intricate and hard to work was against the Dragon Elite and Steven's Metagross at the end
But id stay the only problem until Steven is the Dragon Elite's Salamence lvl.62 if i recall correctly...but Mega Sceptile and Dragon Claw were able to handle him

Got a Timid 30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31/30-31/6 Latias... Pretty sad to be honest...
Timid is still a one of the best nature for Latias though.... so better then what you could have got xD

MOD EDIT: Please do not double post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Ride the acro bike and talk to the bird trainer past the waterfall near the weather institute and then show a hex maniac near the desert the mach bike...then you can use both
... what a random solution. Can you do this pre-Pokemon League or post? Having both is pretty much required to get through the Safari Zone and I see a TM Pokeball in there taunting me that I can't get it...

I beat the Elite Four with a low range team :p
My Sceptile (Gaia) was my highest level....i was trying tp beat my record time at being a pokemon game so i dodnt train for the Elite Four and dove right in lol

I had a Lvl.48Manectric(Fusion)-holding mega stone
Lvl.47Latias-holding Mega stone
Lvl.43Camerupt(Erupt)
Lvl.42Sharpedo(Brute)
Lvl.63Sceptile(Gaia)-holding Mega Stone
And lvl.41 Gallade(Knight)

Ill be honest the only time i had to creat a strategy that was intricate and hard to work was against the Dragon Elite and Steven's Metagross at the end
But id stay the only problem until Steven is the Dragon Elite's Salamence lvl.62 if i recall correctly...but Mega Sceptile and Dragon Claw were able to handle him

Timid is still a one of the best nature for Latias though.... so better then what you could have got xD

MOD EDIT: Please do not double post.
I got a Gardevoir with Moonblast ready for Drake. I think I have all my types covered, and even if I don't I can brute force it. Also my Pokemon level's are higher than most of yours (I think they were all around level 55-56). And for Steven's Metagross I got Sceptile & Skarmory knowing Night Slash and Latios & Gardevoir knowing Shadow Ball. Also thinking about giving Gardevoir Thunder, right now she has Magical Leaf but it's sort of weak and only normal effective against Glacia's Ice/Water-types. I would have liked Thunderbolt, but I think New Mauville is postgame (because why give the standard TMs during the game's story when it'll mostly be used...).

As soon as I got a Timid Latias I was happy, stupid cutscenes. Though from what it sounds like whatever Rayquaza I get I might just keep. It's a Legendary, it should be able to stand on its own even with low IVs and a negative nature.

How do you get Hipster to go away? He keeps telling me that he'll teach me more trendy words.

I'm trying to get o-powers.

Though from what it sounds like whatever Rayquaza I get I might just keep. It's a Legendary, it should be able to stand on its own even with low IVs and a negative nature.
Rayquaza has a catch rate of 45. Several times as I soft reset for it, I was able to throw an Ultra Ball with it at full health and capture it with the first ball I threw.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I got a Gardevoir with Moonblast ready for Drake. I think I have all my types covered, and even if I don't I can brute force it. Also my Pokemon level's are higher than most of yours (I think they were all around level 55-56). And for Steven's Metagross I got Sceptile & Skarmory knowing Night Slash and Latios & Gardevoir knowing Shadow Ball. Also thinking about giving Gardevoir Thunder, right now she has Magical Leaf but it's sort of weak and only normal effective against Glacia's Ice/Water-types. I would have liked Thunderbolt, but I think New Mauville is postgame (because why give the standard TMs during the game's story when it'll mostly be used...).

As soon as I got a Timid Latias I was happy, stupid cutscenes. Though from what it sounds like whatever Rayquaza I get I might just keep. It's a Legendary, it should be able to stand on its own even with low IVs and a negative nature.
I don't have the game, but I am pretty sure the New Mauville quest opens directly after defeating your box Legend and "finishing" the story. That battle seems to be a HUGE trigger for a lot of things across the games.

... what a random solution. Can you do this pre-Pokemon League or post? Having both is pretty much required to get through the Safari Zone and I see a TM Pokeball in there taunting me that I can't get it...

Yeh magical leaf was weak -.- and trusy me your right x'D rayquaza can definitely stand on its own x'D yur gonna be impressed...btw Spiritomb is the mystery in Sea Mauville

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The hatching o-power event is so weird...
Basically, five old guys give their power by 'bonding' with a helpless man, and the man turns into Mr. Bonding and gives you the o-power.
I don't understand what the hell I just witnessed.

The hatching o-power event is so weird...
Basically, five old guys give their power by 'bonding' with a helpless man, and the man turns into Mr. Bonding and gives you the o-power.
I don't understand what the hell I just witnessed.
Yeah, that particular event is...magical, to put it in a lack of words. In fact, I feel guilty that we have set loose Mr. Bonding. Those poor, poor souls.

I haven't finished the game yet. Does anyone know the answer to this: For the legendaries that require other pokemon in your party for them to appear, can you trigger their appearance and then leave and come back without those pokemon without the legendary disappearing? I know this was the case with Landorus appearing for Thundurus/Tornadus in BW.

Now that I've had a couple of days of playing and soaking in all of the story, gamefreak did an incredible job with these remakes. As I have been working today, thinking back to all of the things that they crammed into this game, specifically the amount of legendaries you can catch, I wonder if this means the next iteration of 3DS games in the near future will not consist of any remakes. They have re-made Kanto, Johto, and now Hoenn. The latest being ORAS allows us to catch every legend (XY included). I wonder if every game from here on out will simply be a new region with its own new legendaries to catch?

Wow, Gamefreak hasn't forgotten about us floette lovers! I wonder if the floette event is going to be in ORAS, or the next game... I really hope it's in ORAS because I really want it. It's just beautiful. Where is that tree located? (I'm in EU, so no game yet :().

So I just had the game crash(?) to the "An error has occured, please hold the power button to turn off the system. etc." screen while doing some underwater exploration around Sootopolis. It happened while exploring the underwaters caverns you access by diving in the Sootopolis dive ring and taking the upper dive spot to resurface. I'm currently heading back to see if it triggers again.

EDIT: Nope, it didn't reoccur.

Shame that Blaziken doesn't actually get Ice Punch. Seems like your forced to run another move for coverage to avoid getting completely walled by dragons. (ex: Salamence)

I used Rock Tomb in my playthrough and that got the job done, wish I had Ice Punch though. ;-;

Guys, Do you know you can have a rematch against Wally at Battle Resort with his pokes around lv 80 right? hehehe you know...they have items equiped, you know where I'm going right? Gotta steal them with 5 pokes with thief/trick and a last mon to destroy him.

At least 4 of them are really handy items.
Life orb, Air Ballon, Assault vest, Rocky helmet and Bright power.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)