Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

1. (Operating System) Mac OS X 10.9.5
  2. (Web Browser) Chrome (version 38.0.2125.122)
  3. (Other Browsers?) I tried on safari and the same problem occured
  4. (When did this problem start?) yesterday night November 17th 2014
  5. (PS username) LevineMa
  6. (Problem) Whenever i try and connect it says the server is down and then when i went on a few other websites to see if the server is actually down for other people it says it is up
this comes up
Pokémon Showdown is offline due to technical difficulties!

Bear with us as we freak out.

(We'll be back up in a few hours.)

BTW This happens on the downloaded client as well as connecting straight through the internet

I really love PS and want to get on but my cpu isnt connecting... Pls help
It's exactly as it says, it's like this for everyone currently. I just recommend waiting a little while, although I can't guarantee it'll actually just be a few hours.

It's exactly as it says, it's like this for everyone currently. I just recommend waiting a little while, although I can't guarantee it'll actually just be a few hours.
ok... it has been like this for about 24 hours so do u know what is actually happening or no?

ok... it has been like this for about 24 hours so do u know what is actually happening or no?
DDoS attacks generally last a few days. I'm sure the team is trying to fix it but this is really odd, imo. This kind of stuff happens usually prior a game's release.

1. Operating system : Windows 8
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Tried with IE and the downloadable version, as well as another computer
  4. noticed it August 30th
  5. Warchomp VGC
  6. When I go in "Watch a battle", there is always only 100 battles showing, even though there are many more actually running. Also, most of the time, the first battle on the top is nearly completed.
the battles at the bottom are the ones that have less turns, and the ones at the top are almost at the end, there's probably a reason for this that i don't know. (i hope this made sense) and i don't know what the reason for 100 battles always showing, there probably is a reason.

1. Operating system (Microsoft 7)
  2. Web Browser (Chrome 37.0.2062.102)
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? (Tried FireFox, same problem)
  4. When did this problem start? (1st September)
  5. Your PS username (VicariousUmbreon)
  6. And of, course, your problem (When attempting to load the "Watch a battle" list, it only lists 100 battles, even though I'm sure there are more, and the battles that are at the top of the list are close to being over.)

Showdown is down right now due to an attack. We're working on fixing the problem, but until then, there's no point in posting about related issues to the server.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Hey guys im wondering if PS is up or if its down cause i just went on the login thing and it said it was up and my log in is down. please respond as soon as possible.
-TheBAPanther and That One Kid1808

Hey guys im wondering if PS is up or if its down cause i just went on the login thing and it said it was up and my log in is down. please respond as soon as possible.
-TheBAPanther and That One Kid1808
The title and post right before you verify that it's still down...

1. Operating system: Windoes 8.1
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Google Chrome, latest version
  3. Have you tried other browsers: Internet Explorer
  4. When did this problem start: 11/17/14
  5. Your PS username: Explosive Chaos
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): Says "Showdown is down, bear with us as we freak out (We'll be back up in a few hours)" but it has been 2 days. The rooms/battling/ladder is gone. When I check at the cox server manager, it says that it is just me that is having the problem.
EDIT: Never mind, had not read Vacate's post. Anti-Smogon people really hate us...

Despite the fact Showdown is up again, I still can't enter to it, it still shows the message with Teddiursa. If I try to login to other servers such as Frost or even showdown-afd I can see the chat but i can't login because it still says me that the server is under heavy load.

downforeveryoneorjustme says that it's down again. It was working just yesterday, and very well at that. This is seriously weirding me out. Also, whenever I try to battle, I get this message:

Connection to ladder server failed with error: Error: socket hang up; please try again later

I really want to test out my new team, but this is keeping me from doing so.

downforeveryoneorjustme says that it's down again. It was working just yesterday, and very well at that. This is seriously weirding me out. Also, whenever I try to battle, I get this message:

Connection to ladder server failed with error: Error: socket hang up; please try again later

I really want to test out my new team, but this is keeping me from doing so.
The ladder is down. If you want to test a team and the ladder is down try asking in the tiers room or in competitive tutoring. The ladder goes down during peak hours so you can try again after an hour or so.

whenever i try to access the site i receive a message from cloud server saying the site is down yet its showing 700 people online in chats?

System is Mac OS x 10.8.5

Browser is Firefox 33.1

Problem started Nov 20 after server came back up

PS Username NighthawkL06

Problem is whenever i mega evolve an oras pokemon, i get redirected to the pokemon sprite html, and i can't connect to showdown for a while, also i keep getting the non live version of showdown and rarely i can get in

Here is the link of the problem
http://imgur.com/rRNxQId

Last edited:
Typing this on my phone sorry.

1. Operating system: Windoes 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Using the installed version of showdown on laptop.
  3. Have you tried other browsers: Firefox
  4. When did this problem start: 11/19/14?
  5. Your PS username: Injured
  6. And of, course, your problem: After the oras update, showdown completely freezes my laptop. It has never happened before this. I can't do anything aside from a hard reset. The Firefox version works fine, but it gets annoying having to always upload a team. How can I fix this? I have already uninstalled PS. Attempted to redownload, but the link isnt working. Thanks for help.

System is Mac OS x 10.8.5

Browser is Firefox 33.1

Problem started Nov 20 after server came back up

PS Username NighthawkL06

Problem is whenever i mega evolve an oras pokemon, i get redirected to the pokemon sprite html, and i can't connect to showdown for a while, also i keep getting the non live version of showdown and rarely i can get in

Here is the link of the problem
http://imgur.com/rRNxQId

PS: The problem doesnt happen on the Mac PS app

I have checked the downforeveryoneorjustme and it is just me apparently
  1. Operating system - Win 8.1
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) - Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? - Firefox, same results
  4. When did this problem start? - Haven't played on here for a long time and just started when I tried to play yesterday.
  5. Your PS username - Ronar1
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). -
When I first jump onto pokemonshowdown everything except the lobby loads. So team builder and everything is fine. However I cannot see the chat load nor can I log on or search for a battle.
Other weird things I noticed is that I can't get on the pokemonshowdown forums either. I get this page:

Not Found

The requested URL /forums/install/index.php was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at pokemonshowdown.com Port 80

Applies to any page involving the pokemonshowdown forums not just the main page. It may be a problem with the school router (I'm on campus at a college with a school router), however I have been able to use pokemon showdown at school other times before now and it seems to have just happened recently. I doubt it would be the school blocking showdown but if there's a way to check that, it would be nice to know.

Also trying to open up damage calculator gets:

Index of /damagecalc

NameLast modifiedSizeDescription
Parent Directory -
Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at pokemonshowdown.com Port 80

I'm guessing its either my firewalls or the game is blocked by this specific router, all help would be appreciated. I would really love to be able to play again :(

IN SHORT:
This works - Team Builder, Ladder Ranking List (Names of people show up and stuff)

This doesn't work - Chat, Battle Search, Watch Battle, Forums, Damage Calc, Showdown Forums

1. Operating system: Windows 8.1
  2. Web Browser: Google Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? Yes, I have tried IE and Firefox and neither work.
  4. When did this problem start? Today.
  5. Your PS username: Conquer
  6. And of, course, your problem: As you'll see in the screenshot above, my showdown screen is stuck on the "Loading..." thing and it has been for a while now. No matter how many times I try to fix it by refreshing it never seems to work. I could use some help here, It would be most appreciated!
EDIT : I pretty much have the same issue as the person above me.

Last edited:
  1. Operating system - Win 8.1
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) - FireFox
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? - Chrome and Internet Explorer, same results
  4. When did this problem start? - After getting a new computer with windows 8.1
  5. Your PS username - Shake
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). -
Same as the two users above me. It let me play once after I control F5 the page and has not worked since.

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

1. Operating system: Windows 8.1
  2. Web Browser: Google Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? Yes, I have tried IE and Firefox and neither work.
  4. When did this problem start? Today.
  5. Your PS username: Conquer
  6. And of, course, your problem: As you'll see in the screenshot above, my showdown screen is stuck on the "Loading..." thing and it has been for a while now. No matter how many times I try to fix it by refreshing it never seems to work. I could use some help here, It would be most appreciated!
EDIT : I pretty much have the same issue as the person above me.
Same problem as this guy. Bought a new laptop and couldn't log onto showdown. I thought it was my antivirus probably but I don't know what to do to fix this, opened g.chrome to all ports but issue still remains. Might consider turning off firewall; but I'm not the only one with this problem apparently

UPDATE: tried turning off firewall and restarting computer, this did not help the situation.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)