Pokémon Diancie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moonblast works and with minimal investment even zapdos crumbles to D Storm. It honestly doesn't need it.
Well I'm more bemused that GF didn't really give Diancie any good Physical moves at all to support Diamond Storm. It does get EP now though which certainly is nice.

Someone weigh in, how does...

~ Calm Mind
~ Reflect
~ Moonblast
~ EarthPower

...hold up?

~ Rock Polish
~ Diamond Storm
~ Moon Blast
~ Earth Power

Also seems interesting, although 110 is already a really good speed tier.

If this thing got Wish it would be a pretty damn good cleric...

~ Heal Bell
~ Wish
~ MoonBlast
~ Toxic/ Stealth Rocks/ EarthPower

Well I'm more bemused that GF didn't really give Diancie any good Physical moves at all to support Diamond Storm. It does get EP now though which certainly is nice.

Someone weigh in, how does...

~ Calm Mind
~ Reflect
~ Moonblast
~ EarthPower

...hold up?

~ Rock Polish
~ Diamond Storm
~ Moon Blast
~ Earth Power

Also seems interesting, although 110 is already a really good speed tier.

If this thing got Wish it would be a pretty damn good cleric...

~ Heal Bell
~ Wish
~ MoonBlast
~ Toxic/ Stealth Rocks/ EarthPower
50 base HP wish is a bad idea for wish passing. And even as a standalone healing method Diancie is really easy to wear down and has a couple of significant weaknesses. I wouldn't use it even if it had that move.

Honestly I feel that Diancie strengths lies in resisting normal flying and being immune to dragon to come in and abuse her offensive stabs. I do admit that screens and Sr do have their merits, but not going offense with Diancie kind off feels like wasted potential.

Protect almost feels obligatory just so diancie can mega evolve properly without dying so easily. This thing needs support but if you can pull it off, mega diancie is actually quite a fearsome pokemon. Magic bounce is excellent as well because some silly pokemon will try to inflict statuses, only to be in vain.

So... I would like to run Diamond Storm/Moonblast/Earth Power/Protect on showdown, but I'm not quite sure where to put the EV's. In particular, how much speed should I run?

So... I would like to run Diamond Storm/Moonblast/Earth Power/Protect on showdown, but I'm not quite sure where to put the EV's. In particular, how much speed should I run?
You can use:
Diancie @ Diancite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 32 Atk / 226 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

I'd run enough attack to get rid of Zapdos after SR damage. Aside that max speed because it is an important speed tier for a chance at speed ties.

Since you have no ways of boosting your speed, 252 Speed is the preferred (or at least that's how I see it). This ensures that you can at least tie with opposing Latios/Latias and KO them with moonblast.

Hey, since Naive seems to be the best nature for Diancie, should I stick with
16-17, 31, 31, 28-29, 20-21, 31?
Seems like it's too low defensively, how bulky does it need to be in SpDef?

Hey, since Naive seems to be the best nature for Diancie, should I stick with
16-17, 31, 31, 28-29, 20-21, 31?
Seems like it's too low defensively, how bulky does it need to be in SpDef?
Honestly you'll want to have as high as you can in everything simple as that. Even with a negative nature that SpD still matters in so much that you can take a resisted hit from some hard hitting Fire/Dark attacks so just aim for as best as you can, especially with the HP stat too since it is so pitifully small un-invested if you opt for an offensive route.

Honestly you'll want to have as high as you can in everything simple as that. Even with a negative nature that SpD still matters in so much that you can take a resisted hit from some hard hitting Fire/Dark attacks so just aim for as best as you can, especially with the HP stat too since it is so pitifully small un-invested if you opt for an offensive route.
Cheers for the advice :) Guess I'll keep SRing then. On the plus side, this shows no signs of the non-31 ivs glitch, perhaps because I got it later in the event?
Also WHY IS THERE A CUTSCENE AARGH

It seems like my team just isn't as good as it used to be. With the merging of XY OU and ORAS OU, the farthest I can get is a mere 1200, despite over 100 hours of playtesting, teambuilding, running calcs, over 200 matches, and researching. However, I did test out that Rock Polish set and it's super-effective, saving Diancie from the likes of being revenge killed by Greninja and faster mons. I'd go as far to say it's one of Mega Diancie's best sets. Yeah, yeah, it's main niche is a Magic Bouncer that can beat M-Sableye one on one or whatever, but it's actually a really powerful mon that can break through lots of stuff bar Ferrothorn, for example.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It seems like my team just isn't as good as it used to be. With the merging of XY OU and ORAS OU, the farthest I can get is a mere 1200, despite over 100 hours of playtesting, teambuilding, running calcs, over 200 matches, and researching. However, I did test out that Rock Polish set and it's super-effective, saving Diancie from the likes of being revenge killed by Greninja and faster mons. I'd go as far to say it's one of Mega Diancie's best sets. Yeah, yeah, it's main niche is a Magic Bouncer that can beat M-Sableye one on one or whatever, but it's actually a really powerful mon that can break through lots of stuff bar Ferrothorn, for example.
Your Google Doc only has Diancie and Specs Magnezone on it.

Your Google Doc only has Diancie and Specs Magnezone on it.
Yeah, because what I was using before wasn't working. I've tried Azumarill, Rotom-W, Keldeo, Thundurus, Landorus-T, Hippowdon, Latias, Latios, and Excadrill, among others, as teammates. Something just isn't working right, however, and I can't pinpoint exactly what, so now I'm working on thinking what partners are crucial to a Diancie + mag core.

Karxrida

Yeah, because what I was using before wasn't working. I've tried Azumarill, Rotom-W, Keldeo, Thundurus, Landorus-T, Hippowdon, Latias, Latios, and Excadrill, among others, as teammates. Something just isn't working right, however, and I can't pinpoint exactly what, so now I'm working on thinking what partners are crucial to a Diancie + mag core.
What has been giving you trouble? If we can identify the mons we can work on what teammates Diancie needs.

Also, maybe run Scarf Magnezone instead of Specs? You still kill what you need to while dealing with Offensive Scizor much better and can revenge stuff slower than base 114 (I think that's the speed?).

What has been giving you trouble? If we can identify the mons we can work on what teammates Diancie needs.

Also, maybe run Scarf Magnezone instead of Specs? You still kill what you need to while dealing with Offensive Scizor much better and can revenge stuff slower than base 114 (I think that's the speed?).
I was generally screwed over by weather teams, but this isn't a RMT. This thread may not be the best place to talk about it. I have run Scarf Mag, but he's really not that great because he's just too weak without specs, and too slow without scarf.

But next, I'm going to test out the Calm Mind set and see how that goes.

Cause the move tutor move hasn't been updated in teambuilder. However, the server has been updated, so if you put the move on Diancie anyway, and try to play with it, nothing will stop you

I think that Mega Diancie and Ferrothorn work pretty well together. Diancie can take Fire and Fighting-type attacks aimed at Ferrothorn, while Ferrothorn can easily hold off attacks Super-effective on Diancie. Both of them have Stealth Rock, so if one goes down before setting up or after a Defog/Rapid Spin, at least you have a backup (or, if you feel like Stealth Rock is a waste on two Pokémon, Diancie can run Heal Bell/Protect/other move). Please correct me if I'm wrong (that means saying something other than just "you're wrong"), since this is only theorymonning and I have yet as to actually test out Mega Diancie.

Karxrida

I think that Mega Diancie and Ferrothorn work pretty well together. Diancie can take Fire and Fighting-type attacks aimed at Ferrothorn, while Ferrothorn can easily hold off attacks Super-effective on Diancie. Both of them have Stealth Rock, so if one goes down before setting up or after a Defog/Rapid Spin, at least you have a backup (or, if you feel like Stealth Rock is a waste on two Pokémon, Diancie can run Heal Bell/Protect/other move). Please correct me if I'm wrong (that means saying something other than just "you're wrong"), since this is only theorymonning and I have yet as to actually test out Mega Diancie.
Diancie is neutral to Fighting and actually takes a ton from a STAB Close Combat while Mega'd. Ferrothorn does not help deal with Diancie's checks bar Water-types, and the most important ones (Keldeo, Greninja, and Azumarill) can still beat Ferrothorn anyway.

Diancie is neutral to Fighting and actually takes a ton from a STAB Close Combat while Mega'd. Ferrothorn does not help deal with Diancie's checks bar Water-types, and the most important ones (Keldeo, Greninja, and Azumarill) can still beat Ferrothorn anyway.
I agree. I've used Ferrothorn, and while they're somewhat OK together, this. She does take a ton of damage. I found that a core of Diancie, Magnezone, and Latios works quite well, but I think there needs to be a Greninja check somewhere in there..

I agree. I've used Ferrothorn, and while they're somewhat OK together, this. She does take a ton of damage. I found that a core of Diancie, Magnezone, and Latios works quite well, but I think there needs to be a Greninja check somewhere in there..
I love that core too. Greninja checks are hard to come by though, especially ones that fit on offensive teams. Scarf Keldeo is probably one of the best offensive checks since Extrasensory is pretty uncommon these days. Scarf Keldeo also outspeeds Adamant Kabutops which is also nice. Talonflame works well with this core if you run Defog on Latios. It can't counter Greninja obviously but it can revenge kill it after some prior damage.

Another option is to use Scarf Magneton over Magnezone. It can outspeed Greninja, unlike Magnezone. However, the loss in bulk and power is noticeable and Scarf Magnezone is already pretty weak as is.

Karxrida

I love that core too. Greninja checks are hard to come by though, especially ones that fit on offensive teams. Scarf Keldeo is probably one of the best offensive checks since Extrasensory is pretty uncommon these days. Scarf Keldeo also outspeeds Adamant Kabutops which is also nice. Talonflame works well with this core if you run Defog on Latios. It can't counter Greninja obviously but it can revenge kill it after some prior damage.

Another option is to use Scarf Magneton over Magnezone. It can outspeed Greninja, unlike Magnezone. However, the loss in bulk and power is noticeable and Scarf Magnezone is already pretty weak as is.
There isn't a huge power discrepancy between Magneton and Magnezone (the SpA difference is 10 points), but the bulk can be an issue. Scarf Magneton at least is a better BirdSpam check because it outspeeds SD Talonflame.

There isn't a huge power discrepancy between Magneton and Magnezone (the SpA difference is 10 points), but the bulk can be an issue. Scarf Magneton at least is a better BirdSpam check because it outspeeds SD Talonflame.
That's a good point actually. I forgot that Magneton could outspeed Talonflame. I guess Magneton could be worth it over Magnezone if you need a good Bird Spam check and decent Greninja revenge killer.

A bulky water is always a good greninja check, especially those with naturally high special defense. Well, I think vaporeon is an excellent greninja check - immune to hydro pump, takes minimal damage from HP fire/grass knot/gunk shot (never a 2hko)/dark pulse etc. Scald from vaporeon can easily 2hko greninja as well.

Milotic also works (i use her) except grass knot might kill her. But greninja can't have it all. If it lacks grass knot then Milotic also counters it well. Bulky waters basically have great synergy with Latios/Diancie/Magnezone. I've always had one on the team.

I'm around 1420 and I am using the same team, except I added Coballion into the fray, but that aside I'm not seeing much difference with XY OU and ORAS OU. I still find protect Diancie best since it makes the ever common Lando-T a liability, and wastes one turn of weather. I admit Greninja is a pain, but he was already a pain prior, and the best I can do is to catch him off guard with one of my scarvers or priority but I run an offensive team so... I don't think offensive teams in general have very good answers against him. That said I'm still not keen on Magnezone as a partner for MDiancie as they don't have a good synergy, and I still prefer Coballion for that reason. I know you want to trap Scizor or Ferro who can be a pain but I find a choice locked Magnezone is taken advantage of too easily, that and I do feel many are more wary of trappers.

Edit: Frankly, I have more issues with the rampant BP centric teams, with Scolo or Smeargle. I see that as being the key difference with the merger, as suddenly these teams have gained popularity again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)