ORAS OU Mega Salamence Team

So I am trying to build a team based around Mega Salamence, after lots of trial and error testing, this is what my final team came out to:

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Counter
- Defog

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Sludge Wave

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost

The current strategy is to send out Mega Sal as my lead and try to sweep as much of opponents team as possible before he gets killed, then send in my other mons to clean up the mess. The core of the team is based around Mega Sal (Shock Trooper, main Sweeper), Azumarill (Bulky Fairy Type and Water coverage), and Breloom (Sweeper and Fighting/Grass/Rock coverage). All the other mons on the team got thrown in just because they seemed to work.

Any vulnerabilities I should be aware of? Any changes I should make? Suggestions?

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Please read the rules before making an RMT, before this post gets locked, but other than that.

Rather solid team, but, you have a very bad Ice weakness. Other than Azumarill to switch in, you're pretty screwed when it comes to that. Instead of Hex, run Substitute and Shadow Ball rather than Sludge Wave.

Hope it helps

Please read the rules before making an RMT, before this post gets locked, but other than that.

Rather solid team, but, you have a very bad Ice weakness. Other than Azumarill to switch in, you're pretty screwed when it comes to that. Instead of Hex, run Substitute and Shadow Ball rather than Sludge Wave.

Hope it helps
I might try that, but now I'm considering replacing Gengar all together in favor of a fire type, and possibly replacing Counter with Steel Wing on Skarmory. I've never really been a fan of Substitute.

Pent

dumb broad
I might try that, but now I'm considering replacing Gengar all together in favor of a fire type, and possibly replacing Counter with Steel Wing on Skarmory. I've never really been a fan of Substitute.
Instead of counter, or steel wing, run Brave Bird/Iron Head. You can just use Roost to heal up the damage from bb, not like you're running offensive Skarmory here. But if you want to run a steel type move , Iron Head > Steel Wing since the flinch chance and better base damage.

So I decided to make a revised version of the team by replacing Gengar with a bulky Arcanine for better coverage against Ice. He may not be OU, but he's been serving me very well in Showdown so far. I think he's a keeper.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Defog

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Toxic

Pent

dumb broad
So I decided to make a revised version of the team by replacing Gengar with a bulky Arcanine for better coverage against Ice. He may not be OU, but he's been serving me very well in Showdown so far. I think he's a keeper.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Defog

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Roost

Arcanine @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Toxic
Great Idea! Thanks for taking the suggestion for Skarmory, it will help you in the long run. Bulky Arcanine can put in work in OU, so good of you for thinking of that. But instead of Toxic, try Will-O-Wisp instead, since you already have Toxic on Gliscor. Other than that, everything else looks rather good.

Hope it helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)