ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying for an hour to get the destiny knot from the couple on New Mauville, Is there any concrete way to get it, I've beaten the delta episode, and gotten all the keys.
Probably just wild speculation but maybe you have to do something like fight them with a male and female pokemon or something like that. Other than that I have no clue other than just pure chance.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but I haven't seen it in the entire thread.

I decided to get back to the demo after not having played in a couple weeks and was still able to get the quest with the Nugget Guy. So I'm wondering if the whole "play everyday" thing wasn't seriously enforced or I somehow just got super lucky.
No clue, I think for the Nugget Guy the first time you encounter him it's depends on the number of days you had the demo. My first mission of that day upon reaching the date you're suppose to get that quest I got it. BTW still never got the secret mission for the demo...

I'm guessing Archie is familiar with a certain Wish Maker.
Oh, OH! So Archie and Shelly had encountered a Jirachi? I wonder if that's going to play into anything. Is there a similar reference for Team Magma? Now that I beat the main story I want to watch a playthrough of Omega Ruby, mainly to see the different dialogue.
tfw Lucy makes a cameo in the Battle Maison

Go to the upper floor of the Battle Maison and you'll see a man in a suit talking about how he's already scouted out the Pike Queen for the soon to be Battle Frontier. go further and you'll find a delinquent girl less than 50 steps away from him who talks about how you're so strong you make her Seviper shiver in fear.

Not sure if anyone else noted this easter egg before, but it's a nice touch to say the least
So Lucy was a Delinquent, make sense. Also man in a suit = Scott? Didn't he say her personally found all the Frontier Brains himself?

Where do you go to change Deoxys' formes? I've tried metoer falls and Mossedeep Space center and can't seem to find it.
I don't know but here's a guess: Have you tried the 4 stones that Mr. Stone has next to him in his office?

Day 4 Comments:
1. FINISHED THE GAME! Now I'm in the middle of the Delta Episode (basically I'm going over to Meteor Falls to find a more pure meteorite).
2. At the start of today I was at the part where I was suppose to go see what Team Aqua was doing at the Seafloor Cavern. But now that I had the HM for Dive I instead explored all the water routes and dive spots. Game logic. Anyway I spent an hour or two doing Route 132, 133, and 134. Aka the stupid current puzzle routes. Well I think I explored most if not all of it. I got the TMs on it and even found the Sealed Chamber which I didn't bother staying too long since they had paragraphs of braille to read. Also the current puzzle was made a bit easier now that you can fly to a certain point in a route.
3. So after doing that I decided I should probably try stopping Team Aqua and found the Horde Trainer battle they advertised... and none after. Was that all to the Horde Trainer encounter? Kinda lame, especially since my Gardevoir took out all 5 Mightyena with one Dazzling Gleam. Anyway Archie wakes up Kyogre, essentially announced his love to it, and then we see it crash through the roof (how did the cave not flood?) and got the "sneak peak" cutscene. Oh, one of the interesting things here is that Maxie said the word "death".
4. Interesting how they did the Legendary Battling scene, won't spoil it since I kind of like it. Of course I did kind of ruin the atmosphere when I saw a door next to me and went through it, thinking I don't want to miss anything once I caught Kyogre. As it turns out it was the exit, for all the talk about how Kyogre took you someplace you needed a special suit for, it was only a few flight of stairs down from the entrance to the Cave of Origin. So anyway I went through the Kyogre battle and decided to catch Kyogre to see what I got. I thought if it wasn't good I'll just restart the sequence and knock it out and try again later. I got a Timid Kyogre, not bad. Also it didn't take me long to catch it either, I bought 50 Dusk Balls for the battle yet used less than 10. So I think I got off pretty lucky.
5. Oh, and BTW, after doing all this Steven finally gave me the Eon Flute. At the end of the game and just now, before my 8th gym, did I get the item to help me fly everywhere. Seriously? And the reason Steven said he's giving it to me now is because he trusts me. What, LATIAS trusting me wasn't enough? Okay, I could maybe understand waiting till after getting the Feather Badge, but still!
6. Next, defeated Wallace and went back to Meteor Falls now that I had Waterfall and cleared it out. Also Sharpedo is now a complete HM Slave as it only knows HM moves: Surf, Dive, Waterfall, and Rock Smash. Oh, and also unlocked National Dex and did catch a few non-Hoenn Pokemon, though I'll put in a better effort postgame.
7. I talked how they slightly redesigned the Feather Badge but as it turns out they also slightly redesigned the Mind and Rain Badge too. Mind Badge now as a gem where they was a gap and only one rain drop of the Rain Badge has a raindrop shaped gem on it. They don't look bad, though I do think the Mind Badge looked better with the gap for some reason.
8. Victory Road time! I never realized how linear Hoenn's Victory Road was, never once didn't I know where to go as all the alternate paths quickly end as soon as you go down them. Of course they made up for needing HMs to get a few items. But I at least got a lot of useful TMs. Also the Wallace battle was nice, interesting choice of music though it sounded more like an Encounter theme than a battle theme.
9. So, here's my team going into the League:

Sceptile - Lvl 65 - Overgrow - Sceptilite - Giga Drain/Dragon Claw/X-Scissor/Night Slash
Gardevoir - Lvl 64 - Synchronize - Expert Belt - Psychic/Moonblast/Magical Leaf/Shadow Ball
Skarmory - Lvl 64 - Keen Eye - Metal Coat - Steel Wing/Brave Bird/Fly/Night Slash
Tentacruel - Lvl 64 - Clear Body - Wide Lens - Hydro Pump/Sludge Wave/Ice Beam/Dazzling Gleam
Makit (Makuhita) - Lvl 64 - Guts - Quick Claw - Close Combat/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Strength
Latias - Lvl 61 - Levitate - Latiasite - Psychic/Dragon Pulse/Shadow Ball/Recover

And here's how the challenge went:

Sidney: Swept by Makit using Close Combat (though had to do some switching at first since his Mightyena has Intimidate)
Phoebe: Skarmory started off, though soon had to switch to Gardevoir after getting burned by Dusknoir's Fire Punch. Gardevoir swept with Shadow Ball.
Glacia: Skarmory swept with Steel Wing.
Drake: Gardevour swept with Moonblast.
Steven: Did a batch of switching around, though mainly talk about Mega Metagross. Had Skarmory out when he sent it out so I thought I'd first weaken it a bit with Skarmory who he'll no doubt knock out and I'll finish with Mega Sceptile. Skarmory won by just keeping on using Night Slash. Shame too as in the credits they show you scenes of what Pokemon you used against the Gym Leaders and Steven's ace Pokemon and would have been cool for it to be Mega Sceptile versing Mega Metagross. Oh well. And yes, Sceptile and Latias did not needed to be used at all, never once sent them out. Maybe for the rematches

10. After the credits they pull a AZ and have May battle you, revealing she too can Mega Evolve somehow. Since Sceptile didn't get to battle I decided to let it sweep May's team.
11. Delta Episode, interesting so far though I'll mainly talk about what I think of Zinnia's character so far: I don't like it. She's a b****. And she acts like a know-it-all since she knows something no one else does but instead of telling us what it is she acts superior. Now I don't mind a character who has some ancient knowledge and acts all mysterious because of it, AZ was like that and I liked him. But Zinnia is one of those characters which makes me wish in a future game they have a Psychic champion and a character like Zinnia, the Zinnia-like character acts all superior and mysterious for knowing some ancient knowledge only for it to be revealed the Psychic champion read their mind why they were fooling around and shuts the character down, telling them how egotistical they're acting and selfish they are for not sharing some ancient knowledge needed to save the world. Of course I haven't finished Delta Episode so maybe she'll do something to redeem herself, though after reading some of her dialogue I'm having some strange theories about her. She better not turn out be an alien or something like that...

And I think that's all for now.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pokemon Japan publicly apologized for the misinformation concerning ice punch Blaziken.
That's surprising, since they usually brush mistakes under the rug. I guess a concrete mistake like that was hard to ignore.
There's a new patch for ORAS, maybe it contains a way to get Ice Punch on Blaziken. :P

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's a new patch for ORAS, maybe it contains a way to get Ice Punch on Blaziken. :P
Nah, I got the patch and checked. Though I did somewhat expect them to do that after what they did with Salamence in gen 4.
The info is taken down from the website as well, so it's gone for good.

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/legendary.shtml
After you have received the Eon Ticket through event or StreetPass, you can speak to Norman in the Petalburg City Gym. He will explain the ticket and take you to the ferry to go to Southern Island. When there, you will find Latias in Omega Ruby or Latios in Alpha Sapphire, opposite one to the one you were given earlier in the game. After capture, you will find the Soul Dew on the ground.
Not sure if anyone had seen this yet. Soul Dew is officially back

I know that I'm probably far behind compared to many of you here, but I just wanted to say that I'm now around Fallarbor Town! :3

I'm kind of taking my time here--I've yet to even build a full team yet--so I'm focusing on that for the time being. >.<; Thing is, I'm so picky when it comes to building the ideal in-game team that I'm not sure what to go with...and not very many Pokes up to that point are really that stand-out, if good at all, but I suppose that's to be expected from early-game.

Soul Dew Lati@s makes Mega Lati@s utterly worthless in-game and competitively. But I like the base forms better anyway.

I know that I'm probably far behind compared to many of you here, but I just wanted to say that I'm now around Fallarbor Town! :3

I'm kind of taking my time here--I've yet to even build a full team yet--so I'm focusing on that for the time being. >.<; Thing is, I'm so picky when it comes to building the ideal in-game team that I'm not sure what to go with...and not very many Pokes up to that point are really that stand-out, if good at all, but I suppose that's to be expected from early-game.
lol, I have the same problem with many pokemon games.

I've only gotten past the 1st gym, so I am not far at all either. But if you're looking for a pokemon that stands out, I would consider manectric (although I think you've passed it). IIRC, he can learn both volt switch and overheat (gym tm's), and learns discharge at lvl 30. I have no clue about his mega stone though.

That is something I'm using for sure

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Soul Dew Lati@s makes Mega Lati@s utterly worthless in-game and competitively. But I like the base forms better anyway.
Soul Dew is banned in VGC and OU.

Which reminds me, has anyone tried to use Deoxys in the Maison? If it's legal there it might be VGC legal now.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What happened with Salamence in gen 4? Just curious :o
There was a video on the official website that featured a Salamence using outrage on Togekiss. This was before Platinum was announced, so it was illegal and raised a lot of controversy. Game Freak 'covered' this issue by making outrage a tutor move in Pt.

There was a video on the official website that featured a Salamence using outrage on Togekiss. This was before Platinum was announced, so it was illegal and raised a lot of controversy. Game Freak 'covered' this issue by making outrage a tutor move in Pt.
That's odd... You'd think Salamence could learn it naturally too, since it's a Dragon... Anyway, thanks!

Side note, but I'm really getting tired of this Latias cutscene. I've been stuck SRing it for at least 2 days already... I just want to finish the game and start prepping for VGC :(

Salamence got outrage through pokemon XD though... It's kinda odd they would cover up something "illegal" if it was actually perfectly legal. Strange.

Maybe I'm just over thinking it though. I mean, I guess they wouldn't think of using the excuse of XD GoD, because gamefreak is stupid sometimes. Or just didnt bother.
Or maybe I'm just missing something here.

Nvm I'm stupid

Last edited:
Seriously, what's up with the RNG?
Latias - #380 (Timid) : 27 - 29 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 10 - 13 / 30 - 31 / 31

This is easily like the 10th time where if the Attack IV was swapped, id be set... Damn RNG.

EDIT:
Latias - #380 (Timid) : 30 - 31 / 10 - 13 / 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 27 - 30

:'(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)