2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad Arsenal isn't the only side playing like shit this season...even tho obv. we get all the bashing.

Poor Hull though... they're going to get probably jack shit from the next batch of matches. Poor run won't end soon.

Hmm, Aguero and Costa will definitely be battling for the most goals by the end, but we'll see how well they stay healthy. If Aguero gets injured...oh boy, that would be terrible for Man City.

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Uh nice, found now this section of the forums. I'm an AS ROMA supporter, hope tomorrow will get the qualification over man city and cska mosca, even if it will be tough to play with -10 Degrees

Well to be fair Nos, Lovren was a top performer last season and based on that form he was definitely worth the money, at the same time Agger was absolutely atrocious last season so we were fortunate to command that fee. Brendan just doesn't know how to set up a solid defense. I will never forget the game vs Palace last year, afterwards Brendan says "the defense lost focus in the match, if you do that, you get dropped" he then drops Sakho, despite Skrtel and Johnson being at fault for goals 2 and 3. Many fans noticed this and it is remarkable that Brendan couldn't see what was so clear. I would also like to comment on our one good defensive performance this year, vs Spurs. Aside from a few shaky moments from a new partnership, the whole defense maintained a solid shape, in fact the most solid shape of Brendan Rodgers time I would bet, ~coincidentally~ Skrtel was injured for this game. Saying all this though, Lovren has been poor this year, but unfortunately, not one player can be proud of their performances this season so far. I made a bet with Eagle4 that we would easily finish 4th, and I did say that the only way we wouldn't is if we suddenly became bad, clearly that has happened. I have never been so pessimistic about our chances, ever, but there is no way we will improve because Brendan is not learning from his mistakes at all.

Uh nice, found now this section of the forums. I'm an AS ROMA supporter, hope tomorrow will get the qualification over man city and cska mosca, even if it will be tough to play with -10 Degrees
Sorry about the 7-1 earlier (FC Bayern Munich fan here). But hey, I think you guys have a great chance of moving on to the Round of 16 with us! We'll do our best to beat Manchester City for you tomorrow I guess xD

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Can't believe city managed to win today, they went 1-0 and Benatia got sent off and even then Bayern dominated all the match. But 2 stupid errors made by Bayern at the end and City ended win. Amazing...

Wow City are so jammy lol! I actually hope Roma or CSKA can win next time. What would happen if they all drew and all ended up on 6pts? Is it head to head record based on away goals...?

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Scenarios now, first tiebreaker is head to head among all tied teams, then gd among the same, actually works out to be pretty easy except for the case of roma and bayern tying at 6, at which point it comes to 6th (lol) tiebreaker, which is goal differential among the group as a whole

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Agüero's a fucking god.......It's still shameful that City barely won despite that sending off. And Schalke were just awful tonight, even Willian scored! With all those goals flying I am surprised that Costa managed to evade the score sheet.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Wait but if Bayern beats CSKA, and Roma and City draw 0-0, Roma would advance right? In case of bayern win and draw scenario, the draw would have to be 1-1 (or more goals) for City to advance.

I am so sad that we lost to City that way. Three errors from Benatia, Alonso, and Boateng which don't happen often that just gave Aguero that hat trick. Man, even though we already clinched the top spot, this was a disappointing game. Even though Bayern looked good despite having only 10 men, ugh I just don't wanna think about football right now.

god damn Bayern handed the match to Man City, basically created all 3 goals they conceded. Now we'll see if that was just a fluke or if Man City's European form might all of a sudden turn into what all their money they spent on all those players should suggest.

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Fuk that last minute useless goal, now we'll shit our pants vs city and lose ;_;. Jokes aside, i think if we play at our best we can do it especially seeing the ethiad stadium match.

Scenarios now, first tiebreaker is head to head among all tied teams, then gd among the same, actually works out to be pretty easy except for the case of roma and bayern tying at 6, at which point it comes to 6th (lol) tiebreaker, which is goal differential among the group as a whole
Imanalt I didn't realize this until now, but that needs a slight update. If Roma and Man City draw 0-0 and CSKA lose, Roma is through due to away goals between them and City. A draw of any higher score in this situation though, and Man City progresses.

I'm really hoping for Zenit to draw against Benfica, which would secure Leverkusen's progress, but they can do that themselves anyway with a win, so that would be a better idea. I'll be watching that game, and following the rest as I usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)