ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Salamence got outrage through pokemon XD though... It's kinda odd they would cover up something "illegal" if it was actually perfectly legal. Strange.

Maybe I'm just over thinking it though. I mean, I guess they wouldn't think of using the excuse of XD GoD, because gamefreak is stupid sometimes. Or just didnt bother.
Or maybe I'm just missing something here.
You're missing the fact that it doesn't learn it in XD, so it's still illegal.

You're missing the fact that it doesn't learn it in XD, so it's still illegal.
Yeah, I looked it up. Sorry for my idiotic post. I saw that someone had an XD salamence with outrage so I just assumed that it learned it from there and not from the platinum tutor. It makes sense gamefreak would do something stupid like that.

Soul Dew Lati@s makes Mega Lati@s utterly worthless in-game and competitively. But I like the base forms better anyway.
Ah, but if you want to hit up the Maison for BP, Soul Dew is banned.
The Soul Dew is an event item that is obtained through the Lati@s event. This is the reason of why the opposite version of the Lati duo appears in the opposite game. If there weren't for that, there's little reason to release the event anyway like many version-exclusive legendaries.

Unlike Soul Dew, the Lati@site aren't event items.

This is the reason of why Lati@s alone (or with generic items) and Lati@s with Lati@site are legal in Nintendo tiers while the Soul Dew is banned like all Event Pokemon.

Has anyone tried to breed the Cosplay Pikachu? Or is my dream of having a Volt Tackle + Icicle Crash Pikachu going to be just a fantasy?

EDIT: I'm guessing it won't be possible since it will hatch as a Pichu and I don't think there's a Cosplay Pichu in the game's coding... Also what happens when you try to use a Thunderstone on the Cosplay Pikachu? I can't test because I don't have a Thunderstone yet in my game.

Has anyone tried to breed the Cosplay Pikachu? Or is my dream of having a Volt Tackle + Icicle Crash Pikachu going to be just a fantasy?

EDIT: I'm guessing it won't be possible since it will hatch as a Pichu and I don't think there's a Cosplay Pichu in the game's coding... Also what happens when you try to use a Thunderstone on the Cosplay Pikachu? I can't test because I don't have a Thunderstone yet in my game.
I'm pretty sure you can't breed CosplayChu because it's coded as having 3 perfect IVs all the time. I've also heard it can't be traded but I haven't tested myself. I would also assume that it can't evolve because it would no longer be Cosplay Pikachu.

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh, 27/2/31/31/25/31 Latios... I'm very tempted on this one just so I don't have to listen to Steven ramble on forever...

lol, I have the same problem with many pokemon games.

I've only gotten past the 1st gym, so I am not far at all either. But if you're looking for a pokemon that stands out, I would consider manectric (although I think you've passed it). IIRC, he can learn both volt switch and overheat (gym tm's), and learns discharge at lvl 30. I have no clue about his mega stone though.

That is something I'm using for sure
Yeah, I'm definitely considering using a Manectric. Might as well anyway, perhaps I'm being too stringent here; it's attack stat is kinda underwhelming for something with a rather decent physical movepool (Thunder/Ice Fang, not bad). Otherwise, my options are pretty much limited to Skarmory (I already have a Swellow, so another flying-type seems kind of redundant, though I'm still considering it), Spinda (Slowly considering this one also, though it also seems underwhelming. Whatever.), aaand I think Oddish and some others (redundant because I already have Sceptile anyway).

Spiky eared pichu 2.0

I would actually love a Cosplay Pichu and Cosplay Raichu.

Yeah, I'm definitely considering using a Manectric. Might as well anyway, perhaps I'm being too stringent here; it's attack stat is kinda underwhelming for something with a rather decent physical movepool (Thunder/Ice Fang, not bad). Otherwise, my options are pretty much limited to Skarmory (I already have a Swellow, so another flying-type seems kind of redundant, though I'm still considering it), Spinda (Slowly considering this one also, though it also seems underwhelming. Whatever.), aaand I think Oddish and some others (redundant because I already have Sceptile anyway).
If you can find a Skarmory with Brave Bird or Drill Peck, I think it'd be worth your while over Swellow. I wouldn't touch Spinda with a 39.5 foot pole, personally.

Ugh, 27/2/31/31/25/31 Latios... I'm very tempted on this one just so I don't have to listen to Steven ramble on forever...
I WISH I got that :/

EDIT:
Should I keep?

Latias - #380 (Timid) : 30 - 31 / 10 - 13 / 20 - 23 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 31

The defense is kinda low for my liking... But it's not terrible. It's Alert to Sounds so the speed IV is 31.

EDIT2: Tossed. I'm too picky lol

Last edited:
If you can find a Skarmory with Brave Bird or Drill Peck, I think it'd be worth your while over Swellow. I wouldn't touch Spinda with a 39.5 foot pole, personally.
What crossed my mind was how awkward it would be to actually have a remotely offensive Skarmory, even though this is in-game. ___@; Consistency is important to me! ...At least, ideally.

Then again, I mean, I do have a Lonely Sceptile when its best stat is Sp. Atk and not Attack...I'm still questioning whether or not that's really a good nature, but too late at this point.

I do agree with you though on one thing: Skarmory, at least on the surface, is a much more attractive option than Swellow. The reason I chose Swellow was so I could deal with grass/fighting types more effectively, and for the sake of having an additional Pokemon on my team. Honestly though, it doesn't accomplish a whole lot besides that and sometimes I find it to be underwhelming. Skarmory would at least fulfill some purpose, being able to take hits significantly more effectively than Swellow, in addition to having kind of a better movepool and type, at that.

Except the fact that I don't want to be more weak to my Rival's Combusken if possible, so If I go with Skarmory, I have to find a water type that isn't Magikarp or Tentacool. On second thought though, Tentacruel might not be such a bad option...

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Yeah, that's something which annoyed me about Steven in the game. He rambles on about his ideology that really doesn't do anything but makes the scene longer.

Also I'm beginning to think they should let us see a Pokemon's stats and nature after we catch it, like after the Pokedex scans it (if its a Pokemon you never caught before) but before asking if you want to nickname it. Of course I can suggest a laundry list of things they could do so I'll just stop right there.

Well Swellow and Skarmory have a different secondary typing so that helps makes them a bit different. For example I had two Psychic-types on my team, Gardevoir and Latias, but their secondary typing helped stand themselves out from one another. Of course one reason I got my Skarmory was because I needed something to know Fly which is a problem you don't have. If only Spinda would learn Superpower naturally, you could have DexNav hunt for one with Contrary and Superpower and it would be beast. Manectric I think is an okay choice, and you get Manectricite on Bicycle Road.

I would actually love a Cosplay Pichu and Cosplay Raichu.
Yeah, I kind of wished with the special Pikachu and Pichu they allowed for its other evolutions to share in the specialness. Like have Spiky Ear Pichu evolved into a Spiky Ear Pikachu and Spiky Ear Raichu. Give Cosplay Pikachu to us as a Cosplay Pichu and have it evolve all the way to a Cosplay Raichu.

With all that said, in Gen IV we has Spiky Ear Pichu, in Gen VI we have Cosplay Pikachu, so maybe a special Raichu in Gen VIII? :P

Except the fact that I don't want to be more weak to my Rival's Combusken if possible, so If I go with Skarmory, I have to find a water type that isn't Magikarp or Tentacool. On second thought though, Tentacruel might not be such a bad option...
Used a Tentacruel in my party, did a pretty good job. He even helped me catch Kyogre by tanking its attacks. You could also wait till you get a Super Rod, Super Rod fished Pokemon start out at Level 35 so they shouldn't be that hard to train up.

Pikachu315111, you raise a fair point. Problem with that is that I need a more solid team to deal with my Rival's, I suppose. Combusken/Blaziken in particular, although Swellow can usually manage/suffice, though only for so long because it's kind of lacking in power...Skarmory isn't really much better if at all in that department but I feel its typing is more useful than Swellow's and it's a lot more versatile, at least I imagine it to be. Plus, replacing Swellow with Skarmory would allow me to have a Tentacruel, which would be a rather interesting option, but still pondering about it.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
What crossed my mind was how awkward it would be to actually have a remotely offensive Skarmory, even though this is in-game. ___@; Consistency is important to me! ...At least, ideally.

Then again, I mean, I do have a Lonely Sceptile when its best stat is Sp. Atk and not Attack...I'm still questioning whether or not that's really a good nature, but too late at this point.

I do agree with you though on one thing: Skarmory, at least on the surface, is a much more attractive option than Swellow. The reason I chose Swellow was so I could deal with grass/fighting types more effectively, and for the sake of having an additional Pokemon on my team. Honestly though, it doesn't accomplish a whole lot besides that and sometimes I find it to be underwhelming. Skarmory would at least fulfill some purpose, being able to take hits significantly more effectively than Swellow, in addition to having kind of a better movepool and type, at that.

I used a Brave Skarmory and was never disappointed with it. By the time you catch Skarmory you should already have Aerial Ace and Steel Wing, so not having Drill Peck/Brave Bird isn't the worst thing in the world. The one I used had Drill Peck, which I found much more useful than Brave Bird anyway due to the lack of recoil. Shortly after you catch Skarmory, you get Swords Dance from Lavaridge meaning you could have a set of Drill Peck / Steel Wing / Swords Dance. I used Feint in the last slot for most of the game, it was useful for stuff that spams Protect and priority is pretty great for picking off faster Pokémon.

DragonWhale

I WISH I got that :/

EDIT:
Should I keep?

Latias - #380 (Timid) : 30 - 31 / 10 - 13 / 20 - 23 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 31

The defense is kinda low for my liking... But it's not terrible. It's Alert to Sounds so the speed IV is 31.

EDIT2: Tossed. I'm too picky lol
It begins... whether we break first, or the game gives us our damn Latis.

Thanks Stellar! That definitely helped quite a bit. :> Will definitely catch myself a good Skarmory, then!

Man, in a perfect world, a Muk would help significantly right about now, but I don't think you can necessary use DexNav in caves and stuff where it's normally found, which would take me a longer period of time. Plus, I'd feel rather awkward having a non-Poison Touch Muk. u_u

THEN AGAIN, I literally just found out Stentch could be equally useful just for the flinch chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)