ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Pikachu315111, you raise a fair point. Problem with that is that I need a more solid team to deal with my Rival's, I suppose. Combusken/Blaziken in particular, although Swellow can usually manage/suffice, though only for so long because it's kind of lacking in power...Skarmory isn't really much better if at all in that department but I feel its typing is more useful than Swellow's and it's a lot more versatile, at least I imagine it to be. Plus, replacing Swellow with Skarmory would allow me to have a Tentacruel, which would be a rather interesting option, but still pondering about it.
Also remember that Blaziken is part Fighting so its weak to Flying-type moves. Also by the time you face May again you'll have your Mega Bracelet and Sceptilite so you can Mega Evolve it to be neutral to Fire-type attacks.

Thanks Stellar! That definitely helped quite a bit. :> Will definitely catch myself a good Skarmory, then!

Man, in a perfect world, a Muk would help significantly right about now, but I don't think you can necessary use DexNav in caves and stuff where it's normally found, which would take me a longer period of time. Plus, I'd feel rather awkward having a non-Poison Touch Muk. u_u
You can use PokeNav in caves. As long as you caught a Pokemon, you can search for it with the PokeNav.

I've been meaning to ask this, what's the deal with Feebas? Is it now just a super rare catch with a Super Rod?

BTW, found out something interesting. Apparently if you have the
Shiny Beldum on your team, at a few points in the story it'll be pointed out. You know, if the adverts told me that was going to happen, I would have put it on my team... oh well.

Thanks, but if the Feebas Mechanics were like the old ones in the original Ruby/Sapphire, then I don't know if I'd have the patience to get one again...

Unless that's changed?
They have indeed changed; Feebas now has a 5% encounter rate in all of the Route 119 river. You can catch it with all rods, too.

Source: am using a Milotic in my own run.

Just beat the Delta Episode. Since Omega Ruby is my main I had no issue using the EXP Share. Was glad I saved my Master Ball for Deoxys.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Even with the EXP Share on I never outleveled my opponents by a huge amount, but then again I was using Latios (easy S-Rank btw) and my starter almost exclusively.

I didn't either until I abused the Blissey bash bases. Latios was a straight boss. Slaking was OK but it was only good to kill one thing and that was it because of Truant. Until I had to box Rayquaza that thing didn't touch a box.

I found Manetrics' mega stone... the universe wants me to use only electric types. So I accept my fate. Toss away my old team and make a new one from scratch, like I did on X.

I just hope have more time to play.

Where do you get a master ball anyways? Cause I was gonna use it on primal kyogre, but I didn't have one, so I had to teach double team to Sceptile and stall with it and Mega Metagross.

They have indeed changed; Feebas now has a 5% encounter rate in all of the Route 119 river. You can catch it with all rods, too.

Source: am using a Milotic in my own run.
Interesting. Will consider it then. ^^; Thanks for the clarification! I find this quite a relief considering that Milotic is infinitely more useful than either Tenta or a Gyarados at this point u_u (I say this because I want to go for the more unconventional Pokemon this time around, or use Pokemon that I don't normally use).

You know, reading this thread in the UK is like slow torture, I sooo can't wait for this Friday!!!

I will most likely do my first run through the game with the Exp Share off, has anyone else done this? If so, what kind of levels are you reaching by the time you get to the E4?

I should've checked the IVs on Kyogre before I kept it. Checked after the league and the 3 31 IVs are HP, Attack and Defense. The rest are 1-digit numbers, with Speed being 1. Oh, well, using it to Surf/Dive.

The league was insane. I almost lost against Steven (My team was in the level 40's because no Exp. Share), but won in the end thanks to Kyogre, and an X Defend. ._.

The Delta Episode is great so far. Made me sad to see that Norman can't spend time with his wife because of Gym Leader duties. Like, seriously, Norman? Just leave Wally in charge of the Gym and go watch the Meteor Shower with your wife! He clearly doesn't have his priorities set straight.

Also, am I the only one who forgets where I'm going as soon as I'm up in the air after using the Soaring thing? Or am I just that forgetful?

You know, reading this thread in the UK is like slow torture, I sooo can't wait for this Friday!!!

I will most likely do my first run through the game with the Exp Share off, has anyone else done this? If so, what kind of levels are you reaching by the time you get to the E4?
I did this. My Pokémon were at level 45-50 when I beat the League. Makes the game more interesting, in my opinion.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I personally think the EXP Share isn't actually broken, and you could actually get away with using it the entire game without overleveling. I beat Steven with my strongest Pokemon being the Demo Glalie (which I rarely used and would have been overleveled anyway) in the low 60s and my second strongest being 3-5 levels lower than his Metagross, and this is with the EXP Share being on the entire time.

EDIT: I just remembered I avoided a shit ton of trainers during my run, so that probably skewed my view. :/
I'd recommend it for speedruns at least.

I actually think that the Delta Episode is the first time ever that a legendary Pokemon has lost its event-only status. I know that there's Zorua/Zoroark, but since they're breedable it really was not hard to find one on the BW GTS.

Where do you get a master ball anyways? Cause I was gonna use it on primal kyogre, but I didn't have one, so I had to teach double team to Sceptile and stall with it and Mega Metagross.
You'd better hope that place doesn't seal up like it did in the old games. I almost missed it back then...

For anyone who has completed the side quest that reveals the origin of Mr. Bonding, has anyone noticed that the colorful old men might fit the description of the Hoenn Rangers who were mentioned briefly throughout parts of the game? They seem quirky enough to have been heroes.

You'd better hope that place doesn't seal up like it did in the old games. I almost missed it back then...
I know, I was just on pokearth on serebii and I was looking at aqua hideout, and I was just blown away when it said that the hideout seals up after you defeat them.

!!!!!!

Im just very sad now. Next time im gonna play AS, Im gonna immediately soar(cause its better than flying) from ever grande city to lilycove and check if the hideout is still open or not

I fought every trainer in the game prior to the Elite 4 with EXP Share off and ended up with 5 Pokémon exactly at level 50. The E4 is 52-59, so the levels are appropriate.
Same here. I fought every (well, most) Trainers and I ended up being level 48~52 on my entire team. That Metagross hits like a truck. x-x

---

On a side note, apparently (according to Serebii) the way you unlock Wally's rematches is to complete straight 50 Super Battles in the Battle Maison. I managed to get to 49, but ended up getting Toxic stalled to death (my one and only weakness) by a Carbink. x-x

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I personally think the EXP Share isn't actually broken, and you could actually get away with using it the entire game without overleveling. I beat Steven with my strongest Pokemon being the Demo Glalie (which I rarely used and would have been overleveled anyway) in the low 60s and my second strongest being 3-5 levels lower than his Metagross, and this is with the EXP Share being on the entire time.

EDIT: I just remembered I avoided a shit ton of trainers during my run, so that probably skewed my view. :/
I'd recommend it for speedruns at least.
Yeah, I battled with every trainer with the EXP share on and I was 10 levels higher than the Elite Four.

No it doesn't, you can go back anytime you want. All rooms are still accessible (some scientists and grunts are even still there) so the Master Ball and any other items you didn't pick up should be there. ;)

For anyone who has completed the side quest that reveals the origin of Mr. Bonding, has anyone noticed that the colorful old men might fit the description of the Hoenn Rangers who were mentioned briefly throughout parts of the game? They seem quirky enough to have been heroes.
Maybe I guess, but they are based off the trendy guy from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

There was a weird guy who would be in the Mauville Pokemon Center, one of five each with a different (and completely pointless) function. The one you get is at random, but every time you mixed records you would exchange your weird guy for there's. So they took two already creepy concepts of the weird guy and Mr. Bonding, and combined to form something nightmare inducing.

Unintentionally of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)