Not open for further replies.
Muk @ Venusaurite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast / Focus Blast
- Filler (Taunt / HP whatever / something good from Muk's movepool)

So here's an attempt to abuse the new HP rules. Muk's got 105 base HP and a great special movepool so a bulky attacker seems like the appropriate choice. Unfortunately its support options suck and it has no reliable recovery so it can't really do anything else.

Mew @ Charizardite X
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt / Dragon STAB
- Earthquake / Fire STAB / Knock Off

Another improvement over its OU conterpart. Knock Off is tough claws boosted too, which is awesome. I don't even know whether or not it is a good idea to keep STABs / EQ over it anymore.

Mew @ tyranitarite
Ability: lol => sandstream
EVs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 something
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Swords dance
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide / Knock off
- Earthquake / Something

Brain stormed this evil critter. Basicly due of Mews and Ttars resistance and weaknesses being turned about upside down, only sharing bug weakness, pulling out a double dance should be no real problem when threats arise to try stop you as you can just mega volve and laugh.
After you get +2 atk and speed, start rekking.
The two last moves should really either be edgequake or knock off + coverage move of your choice.
Edgequake most likely preferred due of the coverage and power.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
How about:

Mandibuzz @ Aggronite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD or vice versa for Defenses
Calm / Impish Nature
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Knock Off / Toxic / Taunt

So, I figured I'll update my Clefairy set.

OR

Clefable / Mew @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam / Moonblast / Psyshock / Thunderbolt
- Thunderbolt /Moonblast / Psyshock / Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled / Wish

Since I already explained this set in the last post, I'll just explain the advantages and disadvantages of using Clefable or Mew. Firstly, Clefable has a few moves that Mew doesn't. Clefable has both Moonblast and Wish, meaning New will have to settle for Dazzling Gleam, and Softboiled. It also has Magic Guard, meaning it doesn't have to worry about stealth rock at all when in it's base form. Mew however, is faster, and has more HP. Take your pick as to which you think is better.

Meowstic-F (F) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Sleep Talk / Signal Beam
- Rest

ProCroBro

And right when you though CroBro couldn't get any more annoying. The set is pretty simple. It's just CroBro with Stored Power over Scald. You can also give it Signal Beam over Sleep Talk if you're worried about those pesky dark types.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody's mentioned Banettite yet, so I figured I'd bring it to light.

->

Manaphy @ Banettite
Ability: Hydration -> Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk/SpA / 4 Def
Modest/Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Heart Swap
- Shadow Ball / Knock Off
- Scald / U-turn / Knock Off

This set takes advantage of Manaphy's exclusive move Heart Swap using Mega Banette's Prankster to put a stop to boosting sweepers. Unfortunately, Shadow Ball is the only Ghost-type move to which Manaphy has access. It does, however, get some interesting options in Knock Off, U-turn, and Scald (the last of which works prior to Mega Evolution, potentially as a bluff). Protect is required because Prankster does not activate on the turn Mega Evolution occurs.

(I was thinking of Banettite Skuntank with Haze here, then I realized Murkrow can run a set of Haze / Thunder Wave / Foul Play / Roost to a greater effect.)

->

Zoroark @ Banettite
Ability: Illusion -> Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Copycat
- Low Kick
- U-turn / filler

A fun set that takes advantage of Zoroark's Illusion to get off an attack and Mega Banette's Prankster in conjunction with Copycat to repeat the attack over and over...with priority. Yep, base 165 Atk with priority. Sounds like fun.

Alternative set, same premise:
->

Liepard @ Banettite
Ability: Limber -> Prankster
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Copycat
- Play Rough
- U-turn / filler

Slightly more HP (64 vs. 60) and slightly higher initial Speed (106 vs. 105), but less initial Attack (88 vs. 105), arguably less effective coverage in Play Rough, no Illusion, and fewer filler options.

Oh, wait, one more:
->

Lucario @ Banettite
Ability: Justified -> Prankster
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Copycat
- Close Combat / Drain Punch
- filler

This one has the most HP (70), has the highest initial Attack (110), has the best coverage option, takes the least damage from rocks, and has the potential to snag a Justified boost, but it has the slowest initial Speed (90) and, again, no Illusion. Also, no U-turn, although I don't know how important that is.

EDIT: Wait. Swords Dance is a thing. Mmmmmmmmmm...lemme edit that real quick.
->

Lucario @ Banettite
Ability: Justified -> Prankster
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Drain Punch
- Copycat

On another note...
->

Forretress @ Ampharosite
Ability: Overcoat -> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock / Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain / filler

Mold Breaker hazard stacking is a thing.

Last edited:
I have a rather out-of-the-box idea.
Sableye @ Absolite
Ability: Prankster - Magic Bounce
-Will-o-Wisp
-Knock Off
-Sucker Punch / Power-Up Punch
-Substitute / Taunt

Sableye can stay in its base form for a while, neutering physical attackers with Wisp and other Prankster support moves. It then Mega Evolves into M-Absol, and gets Prankster on the turn it evolves, meaning it can set up a quick Sub that turn with no need for Absol's slow initial speed. This plays similarly to Mega Sableye except that it becomes much more offensive when it evolves. Knock Off is obligatory STAB that is generally useful, Sucker Punch is useful priority STAB but can be easily replaced with Power-Up Punch to boost behind a Sub, and Sub is generally good but can be replaced with Taunt for use as normal Sable. Sable focuses on annoying the opponents and neutering them so it can later become Absol and sweep.

I just came up with something:

Venustoise (Venusaur) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Leech Seed
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Skull Bash

I didn't know Venusaur learned swords dance, but it makes this set wierder. Just use leech seed and spam HP water until the foe is ded.

Venustoise (Blastoise) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Ring
- Mud-Slap

This set can be a douche, recovering with aqua ring, and dodging with mud slaps.

Muk @ Venusaurite
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Fire Blast / Focus Blast
- Filler (Taunt / HP whatever / something good from Muk's movepool)

So here's an attempt to abuse the new HP rules. Muk's got 105 base HP and a great special movepool so a bulky attacker seems like the appropriate choice. Unfortunately its support options suck and it has no reliable recovery so it can't really do anything else.
Mew is a better option if you want Mega Venusaur since you get reliable recovery, Will-o-Wisp, and a lot of other good moves to choose from.

Meowstic-F (F) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Sleep Talk / Signal Beam
- Rest

ProCroBro

And right when you though CroBro couldn't get any more annoying. The set is pretty simple. It's just CroBro with Stored Power over Scald. You can also give it Signal Beam over Sleep Talk if you're worried about those pesky dark types.
Victini and Clefable are better than Meowstic for this set since they have higher HP and better coverage moves.

On another note...
->

Forretress @ Ampharosite
Ability: Overcoat -> Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock / Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain / filler

Mold Breaker hazard stacking is a thing.
If you want to do this, you'd probably be better off using Skarmory or Ferrothorn with a Gyaradosite (Skarmory gives you Roost and Taunt while Ferrothorn gives you STAB Knock Off).

Mega Aggron may be the only buff for stall, but it's a pretty damn significant one seeing as it gains ridiculous 110 / 230 / 80 bulk on Mandibuzz, in addition to roost, defog, knock off, and pretty much a ton of other moves. Mega Steelix is even bulkier at 110 / 230 / 95, but the typing is arguably worse while the ability is definitely worse.

Mandibuzz @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind / Steel Wing

EDIT: Accidentally put base 101HP in calc, now it's even bulkier rofl

+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 157-186 (37 - 43.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 163-193 (38.4 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 247-292 (58.2 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

All I have to say is lol

now do a calc with mmx
Not that it's legal but I guess it helps further the point:

252+ Atk Mega Mewtwo X Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 166-198 (39.1 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:
Victini and Clefable are better than Meowstic for this set since they have higher HP and better coverage moves.
I actually conceived this set before the change regarding HP was made. However, I decided to keep it because meowstic has competitive, allowing it to deal extra damage with stored power faster.

Mega Aggron may be the only buff for stall, but it's a pretty damn significant one seeing as it gains ridiculous 110 / 230 / 80 bulk on Mandibuzz, in addition to roost, defog, knock off, and pretty much a ton of other moves. Mega Steelix is even bulkier at 110 / 230 / 95, but the typing is arguably worse while the ability is definitely worse.

Mandibuzz @ Aggronite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Whirlwind / Steel Wing

+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Crabhammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Aggron: 157-186 (38.6 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 163-193 (40.1 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Filter Mega Aggron: 247-292 (60.8 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

All I have to say is lol^10
now do a calc with mmx

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Woah o___o Pokemon mega evolving into any almost any Mega Pokemon they want... i can imagine some sets like this where Pokemon become from bulky set ups to strong sweepers

Mew @ Alakazite
Ability: Synchronize
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Last edited:
Now that I think of it, can mega stones be removed from their owners here? Currently they only block trick/stop knock off when equipped on their respective base forms/megas. If they can be removed, I can see koff spam becoming potent seeing as an ill-timed switch could just completely ruin your strategy.

I just came up with something:

Venustoise (Venusaur) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Gentle Nature
- Leech Seed
- Swords Dance
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Skull Bash

I didn't know Venusaur learned swords dance, but it makes this set wierder. Just use leech seed and spam HP water until the foe is ded.

Venustoise (Blastoise) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Ring
- Mud-Slap

This set can be a douche, recovering with aqua ring, and dodging with mud slaps.
Why hasn't anyone noticed my Venustoise?
Um... How do I put this nicely? Those sets just don't work in competitive battling. It looks like you're relatively new here, so I'd recommend finding a mentor.
Now that I think of it, can mega stones be removed from their owners here? Currently they only block trick/stop knock off when equipped on their respective base forms/megas. If they can be removed, I can see koff spam becoming potent seeing as an ill-timed switch could just completely ruin your strategy.
I think it should be coded so that a mega stone can't be removed from any Pokemon.

Last edited:
Woah o___o Pokemon mega evolving into any almost any Mega Pokemon they want... i can imagine some sets like this where Pokemon become from bulky set ups to strong sweepers

Cresselia (F) @ Alakazite
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Rest
Pokemon with more than 110 HP can't hold mega stones here, so this thankfully can't be used. Dodged a bullet there!

Um... How do I put this nicely? Those sets just don't work in competitive battling. It looks like you're relatively new here, so I'd recommend finding a mentor..
Did you seriously think it was meant to be competitive? I made it as a joke, and thought of sets that "could" work.
For Pete's sakes, did you not get clued in by the fact that it was an anime reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)