ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I battled with every trainer with the EXP share on and I was 10 levels higher than the Elite Four.

No it doesn't, you can go back anytime you want. All rooms are still accessible (some scientists and grunts are even still there) so the Master Ball and any other items you didn't pick up should be there. ;)
Oh, okay, thanks!!

Ill probably use it on deoxys since a lot of people are saying that rayquaza is easy to catch

Found the Leftovers. They're in the cargo hold of the SS Tidal, in the top left corner.
I heard that Pelliper can also carry Leftovers once you get to a high enough Encounter / Search Level, but I don't know about the legitimacy on this fact. I do know you can still get them via Pick Up, though.

Definitely keep it for Deoxys. It will make RNGing IVs MUCH more easier and satisfying.
I didnt SR for Kyogre, so Im just hoping its good cause I didn't check it yet. I might SR for Rayquaza cause its really awesome. And Deoxys too, cause you know, deoxys is also awesome.

For anybody who regularly tries Battle Spot with Free Battle, are there a lot of teams with Primal Kyogre and/or Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquaza?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Have people confirmed that Rayquaza can Mega Evolve and still hold another item?
Yep.

Unrelated, I just finished my first ORAS breeding project:

Swablu (F) | Dive Ball
Careful, Natural Cure
31/31/31/0/31/31
Hatched in Fabled Cave

I love the new hatch locations. (Whenever I breed a physical PKMN, I either go 0 or 31 SpA because I'm a nerd.)

Having the IV Judge right next to the daycare and having a continuous bike path is amazingly useful.

I'm breeding a 3 PKMN team for use in my Secret Base. I thought Dragon Dance / Cotton Guard / Return / Roost max SpD Mega Altaria would be sufficiently annoying for visitors. :heart:

Have people confirmed that Rayquaza can Mega Evolve and still hold another item?
I haven't got to delta episode yet, but since serebii says all you need to do is teach Dragon Ascent to Rayquaza and it can m-evo, then Im believing it. :)

Also, is rayquaza really easy to catch?

Edit:Ninja'd by Stellar

Also I think first time getting ninja'd :(

Also, stellar, what do you mean by hatch locations? And why you love them, cause Im not getting it

I haven't got to delta episode yet, but since serebii says all you need to do is teach Dragon Ascent to Rayquaza and it can m-evo, then Im believing it. :)

Congrats on getting Ninja'd. It'll be happening frequently.

And in retrospect, any legendary has a relative sense of ease, it just depends on what you use to catch it. Don't be like me, and have your Deoxys kill itself with struggle.

Yeah. It happens. I totally recommend status, except for burns and toxic :P Good luck!

edit: Really fucking ironic.

Has anyone found where one can find the Destiny Knot item? Trying to locate one because I want to keep trading from X/Y as low as possible.

Yep.

Unrelated, I just finished my first ORAS breeding project:

Swablu (F) | Dive Ball
Careful, Natural Cure
31/31/31/0/31/31
Hatched in Fabled Cave

I love the new hatch locations. (Whenever I breed a physical PKMN, I either go 0 or 31 SpA because I'm a nerd.)

Having the IV Judge right next to the daycare and having a continuous bike path is amazingly useful.

I'm breeding a 3 PKMN team for use in my Secret Base. I thought Dragon Dance / Cotton Guard / Return / Roost max SpD Mega Altaria would be sufficiently annoying for visitors. :heart:
But, Modest 252 Spa Abomasnow OHKO's that Mega Altaria even with 252 HP and 252 Spd

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Also, stellar, what do you mean by hatch locations? And why you love them, cause Im not getting it
A Pokémon's status screen shows the location it was caught/hatched. I like to hatch my Pokémon in a place that matches thematically with the Pokémon I'm breeding. Mega Altaria is Fairy/Dragon, so it makes sense to hatch it in a place called Fabled Cave.

Destiny Knot can either be found by completing multiple Master Contests or from Pick Up between levels 50 and 100.

Deoxys can be SRed at the top of Sky Pillar with no cutscene after defeating the E4 again if you kill it during the Delta Episode.

I know, I was just on pokearth on serebii and I was looking at aqua hideout, and I was just blown away when it said that the hideout seals up after you defeat them.

!!!!!!

Im just very sad now. Next time im gonna play AS, Im gonna immediately soar(cause its better than flying) from ever grande city to lilycove and check if the hideout is still open or not
Nope, it doesn't seal up anymore. It used to right as you left in RSE, but it stays open in ORAS. I think GF realized how cruel it was to make to one Master Ball unobtainable if you aren't OCD and checked every room (or you are like me and you battle every trainer to get as much Exp and money as possible). Also, since there is a TM in there and there is no way to get it otherwise (unlike Gen III thanks to trading), it would be devastating to seal it up.

I'm currently in Mossdeep. It is so nice to be able to go into the houses now.

Also, while outside of Lilycove, in front of the Safari Zone, I compared Ruby to Alpha Sapphire since that is where I was grinding in Ruby when I last played it. It was very interesting to see.

Destiny Knot can either be found by completing multiple Master Contests or from Pick Up between levels 50 and 100.
I see. I also just found a video on Youtube stating that Young Couple Lois & Hal located in Sea Mauville will give you the Destiny Knot item after you rematch them 3 or 4 times as well.

You may KO it. If you talk to someone (a Scientist, iirc) he will mention Deoxys appearing on Sky Pillar. If you defeat the Elite Four again it will show up there.
A Pokémon's status screen shows the location it was caught/hatched. I like to hatch my Pokémon in a place that matches thematically with the Pokémon I'm breeding. Mega Altaria is Fairy/Dragon, so it makes sense to hatch it in a place called Fabled Cave.

Deoxys can be SRed at the top of Sky Pillar with no cutscene after defeating the E4 again if you kill it during the Delta Episode.
Whew, ok. Always wanted a Deoxys, that makes it so much easier. Killing that mofo this time.

So you need both Lugia and Ho-oh in your party to get to Entei Raikou, and Suicune. I guess what I'll do is I'll borrow a Ho-oh from someone, get to the island, save, and then trade the Ho-oh back while still on the island. Ain't the PSS a wonderful thing? :toast:

Stellar

of the Distant Past
I'm starting to EV train Pokémon in ORAS, so here's the list of 100% encounter locations for each stat that I made a long time ago when the demo data was dumped:

100% HP Chance: Rusturf Tunnel (Whismur)
100% Attack Chance: Mt Pyre (Shuppet)
100% Defense Chance: Route 111 (Sandshrew)
100% Special Attack Chance: Route 119 (Oddish)
100% Special Defense Chance: Route 114 (Swablu)
100% Speed Chance: Route 104 (Zigzagoon/Taillow)

So you need both Lugia and Ho-oh in your party to get to Entei Raikou, and Suicune. I guess what I'll do is I'll borrow a Ho-oh from someone, get to the island, save, and then trade the Ho-oh back while still on the island. Ain't the PSS a wonderful thing? :toast:
I think this was false, Serebii now lists the condition as having 2 legendaries (any).

I'm starting to EV train Pokémon in ORAS, so here's the list of 100% encounter locations for each stat that I made a long time ago when the demo data was dumped:

100% HP Chance: Whismur Cave (Whismur)
100% Attack Chance: Mt Pyre (Shuppet)
100% Defense Chance: Route 111 (Sandshrew)
100% Special Attack Chance: Route 119 (Oddish)
100% Special Defense Chance: Route 114 (Swablu)
100% Speed Chance: Route 104 (Zigzagoon/Taillow)

I think this was false, Serebii now lists the condition as having 2 legendaries (any).
Oh, I was gonna ask on the wifi part to borrow a ho-oh, but now Ill try with any two Legendary Pokemon first

Here's something I tested that I don't think anyone here has.
(The following is written from the perspective of Alpha Sapphire)
After Team Aqua steals the Blue Orb from Mt. Pyre, you acquire the Red Orb. I know that this is the hold item you need to get Primal Groudon. So I transferred over my old Groudon from Ruby. I couldn't equip the Red Orb to it nor would it go Primal. I'm guessing it either doesn't work at all in Alpha Sapphire, only works for one spawned in Gen VI, or won't work until later.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
Here's something I tested that I don't think anyone here has.
(The following is written from the perspective of Alpha Sapphire)
After Team Aqua steals the Blue Orb from Mt. Pyre, you acquire the Red Orb. I know that this is the hold item you need to get Primal Groudon. So I transferred over my old Groudon from Ruby. I couldn't equip the Red Orb to it nor would it go Primal. I'm guessing it either doesn't work at all in Alpha Sapphire, only works for one spawned in Gen VI, or won't work until later.
You are given the equipable item after completing the Sootopolis plot sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)