Tournament ORAS NU Tournament [WON BY TEDDEH]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Round 3
Disjunction vs. Kiyo
HJAD vs. (Pearl. vs. Decision Makers)
TRC vs. iTeddeh
FLCL vs. Montsegur
iZocker vs. U-Turn Out
Brawlfest vs. Void

Made a couple executive decisions with this round. We had an exceptional amount of johns that I removed. While this makes us have an awkward number for the rest of the tour, I figured if they were johning the entire time anyways it would have the same effect as a bye.
I also pushed off the original deadline because it seemed like too many people were struggling to get their matches done which is why this update is as late as it is.

Deadline: Saturday, November 29th at 11:59 EST (GMT -5)
I wanna keep this tour on schedule and get it over with.
Available Megas:
Mega Audino
Mega Beedrill
Mega Camerupt
Mega Glalie
Mega Pidgeot
Mega Sceptile
Mega Steelix

Banned Megas:
Mega Lopunny
Mega Altaria
oh yeah and since I had a question on it, you can use Adaptability Dragalge, but not Altaria/Lopunny. I don't think it would be good practice to randomly unban something mid-tour and the only reason adapt drag wasn't allowed before was because it wasn't confirmed at the start of the tour.

GL HF

Last edited:

Disjunction

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
why are there 5 matchups lol
because we had 6 johns that have been there since round 1. I've tagged them multiple times and nobody's responded so whatever. We have a sub for the next round which means there will only be 1 bye in the semis.

Disjunction

in that case you're supposed to coinflip them
I don't see a reason to continue to give chances to players who fail to respond over multiple rounds. Rather, I would prefer shortening this tour to the select few players who care enough to, at the very least, contact their opponents. This tour's purpose is basically shot now, anyways, as the ORAS NU ladder is up and we know what the meta looks like. I've already contacted the sub for the next round and he said he wants to play which is already a step up from the 6 I kicked out, whether they intended to john or not. I took the necessary action so that everyone who wants to play can play.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I don't see a reason to continue to give chances to players who fail to respond over multiple rounds. Rather, I would prefer shortening this tour to the select few players who care enough to, at the very least, contact their opponents. This tour's purpose is basically shot now, anyways, as the ORAS NU ladder is up and we know what the meta looks like. I've already contacted the sub for the next round and he said he wants to play which is already a step up from the 6 I kicked out, whether they intended to john or not. I took the necessary action so that everyone who wants to play can play.
the problem is that you now have a round with 10 ppl. next round there will be a bye (in semifinals!) and finals will be between 3 players (so a Bo3). I agree with FLCL that you should have coinflip, or if anything try to find the two most active one out of the 6 and pair them together so that there would not be a bye next round lol

Disjunction

the problem is that you now have a round with 10 ppl. next round there will be a bye (in semifinals!) and finals will be between 3 players (so a Bo3). I agree with FLCL that you should have coinflip, or if anything try to find the two most active one out of the 6 and pair them together so that there would not be a bye next round lol
there isn't going to be a bye next round, I have another sub I can pair with someone for next round. The round after that is going to have a bye, but that was the plan from the beginning when we decided to have a 48-man tour.

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
you can't randomly sub in someone in semi finals Disjunction, and if you do sub someone in there won't be a bye in finals??? it will just be ex: flcl vs sg, sg vs zeb, zeb vs flcl. Please don't sub anybody in at this point of the tournament.

Disjunction

you can't randomly sub in someone in semi finals Disjunction, and if you do sub someone in there won't be a bye in finals??? it will just be ex: flcl vs sg, sg vs zeb, zeb vs flcl. Please don't sub anybody in at this point of the tournament.
ok. it just seemed like it would be more worthwhile to sub in someone who wants to play instead of giving people who aren't playing more free rounds.
My method of thinking was next round we'll have 5 players + sub which ends up with 6. Semis will end up with one match plus a bye and then finals are whoever's left. Which, like I said, was the plan from the beginning when zeb told me we could have a 48 man tour.
PS: if we get to ~48 ppl including subs, just pair all the subs together and have them participate in R1. we can deal with a 3-way final, too (48 -> 24 -> 12 -> 6 -> 3 -> 1). it should be like 42-ish (?) right now but i'm too lazy to count, so if a handful more people sign up we can have everyone who missed out on it get a chance to play too.
But tbh, I don't really feel like being a huge bitch about this because this tour is already a big enough pain with the very long list of things that has been going wrong with it.
Brawlfest and Void you're in this round because you're the only players I know that actually contacted one another. glhf.
EDIT: wait how does this even fix anything? We're still going to end up with a three-way final

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Player 1 vs Player 2
Player 2 vs Player 3
Player 1 vs Player 3

whoever wins 2 of these three matches wins it all; if Player 1 beats Player 2, 2 beats 3, and 3 beats 1, then you reset the bracket and all three play each other again in another round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)