Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

I'm gonna guess the meant term was edgehogging...

Thank Sakurai that shit is gone, it looked awfully silly and it wasn't much fun to do, IMO.

I'm gonna guess the meant term was edgehogging...

Thank Sakurai that shit is gone, it looked awfully silly and it wasn't much fun to do, IMO.
Yeah, edge-hogging sorry, it's part of proper edge guarding though and I miss it.

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Actually, I like that edge-hogging is gone. You have to put a lot more thought into a successful edgeguard now, so the game's actually a lot more fun. Matches will probably be more entertaining too, since players will rely more on attacking to edgeguard rather than just lazily grabbing the edge so their opponent can't. Edge-hogging just struck me as one of the laziest strategies in the game, and I'm glad it's gone.

Is the Wii U Pro Controller anything worth buying? Does it bring anything to the game or is it just YET another way to play? I already have the Gamepad, which controls fine for casual gaming, wiimote+nunchuk, my 3DS (which is pretty laggy though, I hope the New 3DS will do better in that department) and gamecube controllers...

The Wii U Pro Controller brings to the table the absolute best battery life of any controller, while being a perfectly good controller too.

Pic of the day. Here's a little tidbit about the song names in My Music. The tracks with a red icon are song arrangements made for this game, and the ones with the black icons are arrangements from past versions. What might be a little confusing is that some track names from Super Smash Bros. Melee are now stage names for this version. The track Corneria from Melee isn't a song that plays in Corneria in the original game, but we couldn't change the name of the track. Sorry for any confusion.

(Comment 1)

We've included four versions of the Mute City music tracks. The regular Mute City track is from Melee, Ver. 2 is from Brawl and Ver. 3 was specifically arranged for the 3DS and Wii U versions. The track from the original game is in here too. This game probably has the most music tracks compared to any other game.

(Comment 2)

In Sounds, you can even listen to voices of some enemies. Metal Face has as many voice variations as the fighters…He'll say something a little different when Shulk is on the field.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Does anyone else think that the Mii Gunner is fucking gay as fuck in the multi-man smashes, particularly cruel smash? Like seriously how did giving obnoxiously (BAN ME PLEASE)ronic AI the ability to outrange every character with a side smash sound like a good idea in development. i don't get mad at games often but holy fuck this is dumb

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The thing is it would be about 5x more doable without the Mii Gunner which is what pisses me off

also they're annoying in the general multi-man smashes and allow far too many opportunities for the other miis to gangbang you as they're flinching you >:U

anyway apart from that the only thing that I've found super difficult so far was the last event, the Final FINAL one or whatever, on hard. Finally was able to do it after 3 hours of trying with Ike (got really close with Little Mac and Captain Falcon before being able to do it with Ike). Though, I don't have all the Challenges unlocked yet so I'm expecting some other bullshit challenge awaiting me.

Though, I liked the challenge that the final FINAL presented since the AI was actually smart and the power scaling was accurate for both sides. Too much of the AIs like on All-Star Hard is the spastic, back and forth, omega-level prediction, dumb AI that's just so aggravating to face after a while. I guess overall I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't for the extreme prediction/reaction time they're capable of.

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Damn, local shop claims they will get the game "between saturday and tuesday, tops", which for me sounds like "yeah, you'll have to wait until tuesday".

I'm in first world hell.
At least you don't have to wait till Friday...
Hmm, how about Monday?

I pre-ordered through Toys R Us, in order to get the free amiibo. I ordered it to be shipped to my house, since shipping was free. First, my order is delayed, and the service rep on the phone wouldn't give me any details or estimated delivery date, and says that it's "usually just a few days". They wouldn't let me change my order to in-store pickup (the local store had them in stock) or cancel my order, "because it was too far along in processing" (this was the morning after release, mind, within like an hour or 2 of receiving the delay email). Also, it hadn't even left the warehouse yet, so that was pretty frustrating. I felt like I was getting punished for pre-ordering.

So, I finally get a tracking number, and a fast delivery date. Happy day! I was ready to forgive and forget...until the package arrives, and it has just the amiibo, not the game. >: ( When I check my email, I find a second tracking number for the game, and a new delivery date: for Dec. 1st. >: (

I'm never pre-ordering with Toys R Us again. Lesson learned.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus

GUYS, WE'VE HAD IT WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME, ROB IS WALL-E AND ROSALINA IS ELSA

Okay, seriously though, this was pretty funny. Pretty much shows how some of the Smash Bros characters are basically unheard of (but apparently Shulk is Marty McFly)... and people are STILL calling Link "Zelda"

Seriously though, it's really funny what people call Smash Bros characters besides the big, uber-famous ones like Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Sonic, etc.

GUYS, WE'VE HAD IT WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME, ROB IS WALL-E AND ROSALINA IS ELSA

Okay, seriously though, this was pretty funny. Pretty much shows how some of the Smash Bros characters are basically unheard of (but apparently Shulk is Marty McFly)... and people are STILL calling Link "Zelda"

Seriously though, it's really funny what people call Smash Bros characters besides the big, uber-famous ones like Mario, Pikachu, Kirby, Sonic, etc.
I recognize the place. Its the americana and a couple of the girls interviewed go to my school so it was really cool.

Unrelated. does anybody know if an actual tier list is out yet?

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
newtonja said:
Unrelated. does anybody know if an actual tier list is out yet?
Nope, game is still too new, I suppose most of the pr0s started playing for real with the Wii U release as well so there's that.
Of course there are some around on reddit and japanese communities but it's all speculation. There are some general consensus with top tiers (Rosaluma/Sheik/Diddy Kong/ZSS etc.) but Smash 4 overall has a lot of viable characters (mid tiers will be VERY subjective to rank, believe me), so only time will tell.

Are there any secrets to obtaining headgear on the 3DS version? I get multiple hats per 9.0 Classic run usually, but they're always duplicates. I've tried Trophy Rush, Target Blast, Smash Run, All Star, etc. with random characters + with Mii fighters, and I'm still missing multiple hats.

I'm at 43/48 for unlockable headgear, and the last 5 is all I need to get the last two trophies and 100% the game. Any help would be appreciated :pirate:

The only way to get every headgear is by playing the same thing all over again, hoping RNG is on your side.
why is For Glory full of cheap players who taunt and leave right after

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)