The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started one piece couple weeks ago, currently at 180 and skipping some filler-arcs that are not in the manga. I love how everything is explained and how Oda can make you think that everything makes sense, i can't find any plott errors at all.

Heard skypeia was "boring", it's actually my favorite arc so far, i'm hyped to see water 7 / enies lobby since i heard some great stuff about it

Skypiea wasn't necessarily boring but most people have gripes with it because it felt so detached from the rest of the adventure.

"There aren't many plot elements in Skypiea that somehow tie into the rest of the world presented in One Piece" is what I would have said a few years ago, but at this point there are actually current plot points that make a callback to the Skypiea arc specifically. Looking back at the Skypiea arc, it was actually very enjoyable, just not as much as the preceding arc which was the epic that was the Alabasta arc, at least for me.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I mean I haven't even seen the Whitebeard War or anything but Oda dropped "important" plot hints like what once a year back then? Alabasta doesn't feel nearly as important as Skypiea, I don't really give a shit that Crocodile was a member of an increasingly less allied group of people who are never even encountered together as far as I know.

I don't watch One Piece for plot, I watch it for theme. And Skypiea was more thematically important than anything. Luffy's goal is to find a legendary lost treasure that some don't believe exists, and Skypiea is a legendary lost treasure that some don't believe exists. The major antagonistic force is not an unstoppable opponent, but a new age of cynicism. It's a thesis statement on Luffy's ability to make his dreams into reality.

Log Horizon S2: Holy balls is this show boring. Akatsuki is a terrible character and I don't understand why she's so "weak" when she's been a level 90+ since the first season aired. She seemed perfectly fine before and then suddenly has to battle her inner demons of being shit. Also, at least SAO questioned what is happening to their bodies IRL. Are these idiots never going to bring that up? Do they never plan on returning to the real world? For a genius MC these seem like pretty important questions I'd be asking myself, but he's too busy learning about diamond dust or some shit.
The idea is that the real world has become a video game. It's not like SAO where there's a precise explanation for why everyone is in a video game now.

(also yes s2 has been a lot worse, I blame DEEN mostly though the Akatsuki stuff is lame too)

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I bet they're just tripping really hard, the op shows them in a modern world so that must be when it's starting to wear off

RODAN

Banned deucer.
im really starting to realize how much a genius satoshi kon was. perfect blue and paprika were both 10/10s for me, im gonna watch paranoia agent sometime soon - lookin forward 2 it

parasyte continues to be excellent, and I'm especially enjoying it because it's been long enough since I've read the manga that I don't really remember any of the plot /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Currently on episode 337 of One piece (skipped the filler arc), Enies lobby was brilliant, clearly my favorite arc at the moment, and the stuff that happened in the post-Enies lobby arc was awesome, looking forward to see sabaody+impel down+marineford

apology for poor english
where were u when tatsumi died?
i was sit at home watching anime when phon ring
"tatsumi is kill"
"no"

nothing is fucking more important than this oh my god im so happy
I'm not the biggest fan of this particular art style though :x
I mean, they don't need to look like their children counterparts, but this just look way too generic

The best Digimon has ever looked was the Adventures movies, absolutely stunning. I wish the whole series could look like that but I assume it's probably a budget thing. The new art style is nice I'm liking it. A particular problem I have with the new art style actually is that the faces are really generic looking. I mean, Sora and Kari literally have the same face.

I'm so fucking excited for this though.

Mentioned this in a few channels already but I just finished Anohana and it had me crying by the end. So many scenes in the last 10 minutes caused me to absolutely lose it. When they all saw the letters and the ending theme started to play I became the biggest bitch on the planet for at least a full minute. And I am proud to say that.

i didnt even like anohana that much, menma was annoying and most of the characters weren't anything great
but that last episode had me crying for 20 minutes non-stop, just outstanding
menma's character ended up being almost perfect for the full effect at the end

edit: i just rewatched that last 10 minutes, and once again bawled my eyes out

Last edited:

RODAN

Banned deucer.
so me and Lasagne decided to make a few personal lists

RODANS TOP ANIME OF 2014
~~~~~~~~~
#1 Ping Pong The Animation
#2 Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki Kun
#3 Barakamon
#4 Space Dandy 2nd Season
#5 Parasyte
#6 JoJos Bizarre Adventures Stardust Crusaders
#7 Nanatsu no Taizai
#8 Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
#9 Sakura Trick
#10 Isshuukan Friends

BOTTOM ANIME OF 2014
~~~~~~~~~~~~
#1 Glasslip
#2 Tokyo Esp
#3 Black Bullet
#4 Super Sonico The Animation
#5 No Game No Life
#6 Akuma no Riddle
#7 Selector Spread Wixoss
#8 WOLF GIRL AND BLACK PRINCE
#9 Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin
#10 Hamatora the Animation

ALL TIME FAVOURITE LIST
~~~~~~~~~~~
#1 Inferno Cop
#2 The Tatami Galaxy
#3 Digimon Tamers
#4 Millennium Actress
#5 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
#6 Digimon Adventure
#7 AnoHana
#8 Paprika
#9 Gunbuster
#10 Kemonozume

THE WORST OF THE WORST LIST
~~~~~~~~~~~~
#1 Glasslip
#2 Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka
#3 Koharu Biyori
#4 MM!
#5 Kagihime Monogatari Eikyuu Alice Rinbukyoku
#6 Tokyo ESP
#7 Black Bullet
#8 Super Sonico The Animation
#9 Danganronpa
#10 No Game No Life

i assume he will post his too. also other ppl should. no dropped shows on any list, only things youve COMPLETED

i did top 20 for all time favourites mainly because i wanted nichijou to get a spot but yeah heres mine

2014 FAVOURITES

1. Ping Pong The Animation
2. Nanatsu no Taizai
3. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
4. Barakamon
5. Space Dandy 2nd Season
6. Parasyte -The Maxim-
7. No Game No Life
8. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
9. Isshuukan Friends.
10. Persona 4 The Golden Animation

2014 WORST

1. Rail Wars
2. Glasslip
3. Aldnoah.Zero
4. Mekakucity Actors
5. Akuma no Riddle
6. Black Bullet
7. Zankyou no Terror
8. Selector Infected WIXOSS
9. Gokukoku no Brynhildr
10. Tokyo ESP

ALL TIME FAVOURITES

1. Ping Pong The Animation
2. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
4. Bakuman. (all seasons)
5. Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
6. Wolf Children
7. Nanatsu no Taizai
8. Chihayafuru (both seasons)
9. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
10. Hellsing Ultimate
11. Nichijou
12. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
13. Inferno Cop
14. Tatami Galaxy
15. Howl's Moving Castle
16. Barakamon
17. Space Dandy 2nd Season
18. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
19. Kurenai no Buta (Porco Rosso)
20. Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa (Laputa Castle in the Sky)

WORST EVER

1. Rail Wars
2. Glasslip
3. Angel Beats!
4. Selector Spread WIXOSS
5. Sword Art Online
6. Sword Art Online 2
7. Aldnoah.Zero
8. Mekakucity Actors
9. Akuma no Riddle
10. Black Bullet

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I will never be outdone in terms of lists!!!

Except for top 10 good/bad anime in 2014, I watched only 2 because I'm not a fucking nerd.

Top 20 Anime:
20. Blood+
19. Sailor Moon
18. Great Teacher Onizuka
17. DNA Squared
16. Speed Racer
15. Ghost in the Shell; Stand Alone Complex
14. Death Note
13. One Piece
12. Baccano!
11. Trigun
10. Ouran High School Host Club
9. Steins;Gate
8. Read or Die
7. Cowboy Bebop
6. Fullmetal Alchemist (Original)
5. Outlaw Star
4. Zoids (Chaotic Century/Guardian Force)
3. Naruto (Not Shippuden)
2. Fate Zero
1. G Gundam

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)