Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question, I'm sorry if it's already answered. Is the EXP share in ORAS as overpowered as in X/Y ? Should I use it considering I want my AS run to be challenging ?

Sapphire User here... so am I really going to have to keep resetting, battling, checking Latias over and over to reset for a flawless Timid? No other way?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nope, just keep going until you can take it no more get what you want. Luckily, Synchronize won't fail on Lati@s... provided you don't send the Synchronizer back when accepting it into your team.
I came here to ask about this, will the synchronize user really not work if you send it back to your party after the capture? That doesn't make sense to me as it's there in your party when you initiate the battle / cutscene / whatever (I'm not up to that bit personally) so it should still have an affect as you get rid of the synchronizer after getting Lati@s...

I came here to ask about this, will the synchronize user really not work if you send it back to your party after the capture? That doesn't make sense to me as it's there in your party when you initiate the battle / cutscene / whatever (I'm not up to that bit personally) so it should still have an affect as you get rid of the synchronizer after getting Lati@s...
The ONLY time it failed for me was when I accidentally sent my Timid Ralts back instead of something else. So yeah, keep your Synchronizer until you get back to Route 118. Makes little difference when you can surf back to Mauville to change once you're satisfied with what you've gotten.

The ONLY time it failed for me was when I accidentally sent my Timid Ralts back instead of something else. So yeah, keep your Synchronizer until you get back to Route 118. Makes little difference when you can surf back to Mauville to change once you're satisfied with what you've gotten.
That doesn't really prove it; Synchronize has a 50% chance of working. It could very easily be that you just happened to get unlucky that one time.

That doesn't really prove it; Synchronize has a 50% chance of working. It could very easily be that you just happened to get unlucky that one time.
True, but after SR'ing at least a few dozen times for the thing, (I didn't try to keep count) I would think I'd have seen something other than Timid on Latios even with my Ralts still in my party... Still, it can't hurt to keep the Synchronizer in the party until one is done just to be certain.

True, but after SR'ing at least a few dozen times for the thing, (I didn't try to keep count) I would think I'd have seen something other than Timid on Latios even with my Ralts still in my party... Still, it can't hurt to keep the Synchronizer in the party until one is done just to be certain.
It still might have been very unlucky coincidence; so I wouldn't say something like that as fact. I'll test once I get my game Friday.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It still might have been very unlucky coincidence; so I wouldn't say something like that as fact. I'll test once I get my game Friday.
This isn't just theory on Detective Barricade's behalf, Kurona. Synchronize has been proven to work 100% of the time by numerous users in the ORAS thread and Wi-Fi forum. No one has made any comment on whether it works when you send the synchronize user back to the PC though, which is why I asked...

doesnt matter now as I just walked up route 118 and started the Latios sub quest (is Latios meant to appear? I have AS, I was expecting Latias) and hadn't saved for a couple hours so I've saved on the island. Can I talk to Latios and go back to get my synchroniser? Would test it but I'm not at home. Doesn't matter if I can't SR for one on this playthrough as I'll be doing another...

I've fried my brain already trying to understand the catch rate formula, but it just doesn't add up.

I've read the article on Bulbapedia three times and tried some calcs that, according to comparison with a catch rate calculator, at least looks similar. But can anyone help me to understand in a simplified way?

If I understood things correctly, to have s rough approximation of the probability to catch a Pokemon, you multiply catch rate per ball value per status value, then divide everything per 255.

If the Pokemon has full HP, then divide the result per 3, and the result is the probability.

For example, Kyurem has a catch rate of 3. If it's sleeping and I'm using a dusk ball, I'll input 2.5 and 3.5 in the multipliers.

Thus, (3*3.5*2.5)/255. That gives me 10% of probability, or 3% with full HP. Is this calculation roughly correct?

Does that mean that a Quick Ball will catch a Nosepass (255) 100% of the time?

And does that mean that, with catch rate bumped to 45, I'll be able to catch a sleeping full HP Rayquaza 51% of the time? Did i get things right? If not, can anyone help me to get a simple calculation to determine it?

Thanks a lot. (I didn't know if I should create a new thread to discuss this, but I thought it'd be better to post it here)

I've been a little confused about the Power Items recently. (Asking about EV training is ok here, right?)
After looking up on Serebii and Bulbapedia and whatnot, it said that the Power Items grant +4 for each battle. (Or +8 with Pokérus.) However, I was under the impression that 4 EVs are granted for each Pokémon taken down - hence taking down, for instance, a horde of Whismur would grant +20 for whatever stat the Power Item is. Which of these is right?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
I've been a little confused about the Power Items recently. (Asking about EV training is ok here, right?)
After looking up on Serebii and Bulbapedia and whatnot, it said that the Power Items grant +4 for each battle. (Or +8 with Pokérus.) However, I was under the impression that 4 EVs are granted for each Pokémon taken down - hence taking down, for instance, a horde of Whismur would grant +20 for whatever stat the Power Item is. Which of these is right?
+4 (+8 with pkrs) in addition to what has already been earned. So the formula is (for example Whismur):

( ( 1 + 4 ) x 2 ) x 5 = 50 HP

( ( Whismur + Power Weight ) x PKRS ) x Horde ) = 50 HP

Of course this means you can attach a different power item to what the Pokemon you're battling gives to train two stats at once. So that would just be...

Whismur:
( 1 x 2 ) x 5 = 10 HP

Power Item (let's say Lens)
( 4 x 2 ) x 5 = 40 SpA

I often change the Power Item I'm using after four hordes (so I've earned 200 in that stat already) and change it to the second stat and keep beating the same horde. You need 6 battles to go from 200-252 when earning 10 each horde, and 40 x 6 = 240 so it's only one level 3 Super Training session away (or an extra battle) from being 252 / 252. Then just throw in 6 EVs into HP or something and call it a day. This lets you get as close to finished with as little battles as possible (10, 11 if you want to battle again instead of using Super Training, 12 if you want to battle again to finish the training)

Last edited:
+4 (+8 with pkrs) in addition to what has already been earned. So the formula is (for example Whismur):

( ( 1 + 4 ) x 2 ) x 5 = 50

( ( Whismur + Power Weight ) x PKRS ) x Horde ) = 50

Of course this means you can attach a different power item to what the Pokemon you're battling gives to train two stats at once. So that would just be...

Whismur:
( 1 x 2 ) x 5 = 10

Power Item (let's say Lens)
( 4 x 2 ) x 5 = 40

I often change the Power Item I'm using after four hordes (so I've earned 200 in that stat already) and change it to the second stat and keep beating the same horde. You need 6 battles to go from 200-252 when earning 10 each horde, and 40 x 6 = 240 so it's only one level 3 Super Training session away (or an extra battle) from being 252 / 252. Then just throw in 6 EVs into HP or something and call it a day. This lets you get as close to finished with as little battles as possible (10, 11 if you want to battle again instead of using Super Training, 12 if you want to battle again to finish the training)
Thank you. That is the method I have been using for some time now, but looking up descriptions of the items really confused me.
For clarification, the X 2 in the calculations is from Pokérus, right?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Thank you. That is the method I have been using for some time now, but looking up descriptions of the items really confused me.
For clarification, the X 2 in the calculations is from Pokérus, right?
Yeah that's what the 2 is, obviously if you don't have your 'mon infected with PKRS then just take that part out..

( 1 + 4 ) x 5 = 25

This isn't just theory on Detective Barricade's behalf, Kurona. Synchronize has been proven to work 100% of the time by numerous users in the ORAS thread and Wi-Fi forum. No one has made any comment on whether it works when you send the synchronize user back to the PC though, which is why I asked...

doesnt matter now as I just walked up route 118 and started the Latios sub quest (is Latios meant to appear? I have AS, I was expecting Latias) and hadn't saved for a couple hours so I've saved on the island. Can I talk to Latios and go back to get my synchroniser? Would test it but I'm not at home. Doesn't matter if I can't SR for one on this playthrough as I'll be doing another...
The opposite Lati appears to take you and Steven to Southern Island. If you need to go back, you can talk to Steven.

So I noticed that, after playing obtaining every legend that I can in game, there are 23 total tracks that can be used in an online battle. However, I only have 22 of them, and I can't unlock number 13, which is apparently Lugia's theme (I have Omega Ruby). My question is: can you unlock both Ho-Oh's theme and Lugia's theme to use in online battles?

I am going to catch my AS rayquaza that is PERFECT in as many ways as possible and I know it's going to be as hard/harder than it is to catch a perfect Xerneas or Yveltal in X&Y. But for a possible future competitive Rayquaza what specific pokemon team am I going to need in order to make sure it has as many perfect ivs and the right nature as possible?

Also sorry if this is in the wrong question forum I haven't been on Smogon in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)