ORAS OU Sandstorm Mega Scizor team (peaked 60)

He community, I wantet to build a Team with a Banded Tytar and so i decided to make a Sandstorm Team, because they work really well right now. Well so i startet to build a team around him. It works pretty well and i allready reach the number 60 in ladder and i am still laddering (Ok it isnt that though, because the ladder got resetet not long ago). Anyway lets start with the team.

ladder.PNG

As i already said, Choice Banded Tyranitar is a beast. His base 103 Phisical dmg boostet by a Adamant nature and Choice Band does it really painfull and it is still able to tank alot of special attacks and uneffectiv phisical ones, because his high base stats and Sandsturm SPDeff boost. Another good point is that you can trap all the slowbros and lat@s that so many people run right now. I choose a bit of a bulky EV spreat, while not losing any point in damage. The attack set is the tipical one for a Banded Tyranitar.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

As always one of the best partners for Tyranitar is Excadrill. His potential to sweep in the Sand is really high and rapid spin is allways usefull. I choose life orb over Air Ballon even when i have no ground immunity except Togekiss, because i dont want to lose any of the damage and i have Chansey Garchomp and Togekiss that can take the most of Ground attacks in this Meta. The moveset is the standart life orb Sandsweeper one.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

The next one is Scizor. Honestly Scizor is a really powerfull pok in the Tank meta right now. He gets alot of free switches, because most of the bulky Poks (Ferrothorn, Chansey, some variants of Cleflabe and etc.) cant touch him, even which such a aggresiv EV-spreat that i use. I went for a SD Roost Scizor over 4 attacks or only SD Scizor, because i need something to get his health back while being able to boost his attack. Brick Break over Superpower because i mostly use him to get enough swordances to clear the entiry enemy Team or atleast one and i really dont want this -1 attack and deff boost. Bullet punch for Priority.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brick Break
- Bullet Punch

Next i needet something for Grejninja and the other Special attacks, while having something with Heal Bell againts all this Willowisp users. So i choose Chansey. Chansey over Blissey right now, because most of the Specials attacker have still some Phisical damage.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Next i need a Birdspam check and something againts scarf Lando, so i choose Garchomp. A phisical Deffensiv Garchomp is really great right now. He can 1 vs 1 most of the Phisical poks, that carry even something like icepunch that is 4 times effective on him. He also is my Stealthrocker so i can weaken the enemys and let my Excadrill or Tyrannitar Ohko them. I went for the tipical deffensiv build except Fireblast. I used Toxic at start, but i realised early that i Skarmony is a threath to my team.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

After having checked the most things, i realised that i have 3 Fighthing types weakness, but no switchins. So i decided to go with a Deffensiv Togekiss that cover Fight and Ground for me. Togekiss also fits perfect in this team, because he got Thunder Wave on his paraflinch moveset. With Thunder wave i am able to slow fast poks that stay in on Togekiss likes Mew(if he doesnt taunt me) or switches like Grejninja, because they are countering Togekiss. After they are slowed i am free to sweep them with Tytar. As last move i went for Hidden Power (ice), to deal some dmg to Lando and Dragonite and Salamence. I am not sure if it is the best last move for Togekiss because, they dont really threath my team, so feel free to give me advice on my last move.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost

Well, thats my team. Please take your time and Rate it and sorry for my bad English. I am still learning it.

Last edited:
Nice team. It reminds me a tad of that epic Sweeperalla team from a while back, and as such I have some suggestions. For T-Tar, try a spread like this:
Rage (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 200 HP / 120 Atk / 190 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
It's a more physically bulky set, still hits what you need to hit insanely hard, but the EV spread lets you tank an EQ from Garchomp or Excadrill and you can OHKO them back in return. Ice Punch is great as well because it lets you neuter Gliscors and Landos on the switch if your opponent doesn't see it coming.
For your Chomp, I'd recommend run standard Naive offensive with Focus Sash, Chomp has no reliable recovery and you have no Wish-passer, so you're better off with Sash to guarantee Rocks up and pile on offensive pressure right from the get-go and it lets you deal with that slimy prick Greninja.
Nice team, man.

Nice team. It reminds me a tad of that epic Sweeperalla team from a while back, and as such I have some suggestions. For T-Tar, try a spread like this:
Rage (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 200 HP / 120 Atk / 190 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
It's a more physically bulky set, still hits what you need to hit insanely hard, but the EV spread lets you tank an EQ from Garchomp or Excadrill and you can OHKO them back in return. Ice Punch is great as well because it lets you neuter Gliscors and Landos on the switch if your opponent doesn't see it coming.
For your Chomp, I'd recommend run standard Naive offensive with Focus Sash, Chomp has no reliable recovery and you have no Wish-passer, so you're better off with Sash to guarantee Rocks up and pile on offensive pressure right from the get-go and it lets you deal with that slimy prick Greninja.
Nice team, man.
I appreciate for taking your time to rate mine team. But i dont agree with you on the changes. If i go more for a Bulky set i lose alot of dmg because i have no Crunch and if slowbro doesnt change i cant even trap him with pursuit, i also lose the damge on skarmony that i really need, because he is a common swithc on my crunch.

No problem, your choice. It's just what I found worked personally when I used those sets, I never found myself wishing I had more power to hit stuff and the bulk helped me kill threats I'd find tough to handle otherwise. Regardless, your team, whatever works for you, man. :toast:

No problem, your choice. It's just what I found worked personally when I used those sets, I never found myself wishing I had more power to hit stuff and the bulk helped me kill threats I'd find tough to handle otherwise. Regardless, your team, whatever works for you, man. :toast:
Yeah the set is a great one i think, it just doesnt fit in the team because i would only have then my fireblast garchomp againt skarmony. With 252 adamant choice band crunch he need to roost even if he has full deff invesments if he dont want to get 2ohko or 3 ohko and i will get after a time a deff drop.

The issue with that is Counter is a thing on Skarms, if it doesn't OHKO it then your T-Tar could take massive damage trying. My set wouldn't solve that issue, it's just more of a general warning if you're dealing with Skarms with physical offensive prowess.

Yeah the set is a great one i think, it just doesnt fit in the team because i would only have then my fireblast garchomp againt skarmony. With 252 adamant choice band crunch he need to roost even if he has full deff invesments if he dont want to get 2ohko or 3 ohko and i will get after a time a deff drop.
Counter skarmory is something I use personally and it will definitely kill T-Tar with counters so a bit more bulk would definitely be recommended. But its your team and it's amazing btw.

Counter skarmory is something I use personally and it will definitely kill T-Tar with counters so a bit more bulk would definitely be recommended. But its your team and it's amazing btw.
Thanks i really appreciate your words, now that you mention i really didnt thougt about counter skarmony, i guess it walls the 5 poks of my team. Well but i guess the other build will be still not able, to break trough counter skarmony, so do you have maybe an Idea what could i change at my team to net get walled by counter skarmony? Because i have no idea right now.

Simply switch into garchomp and spam Fire Blast. However be careful with fire blast because most teams with skarm run heatran too. The para-flinch also works on skarmory cause it's SpDef is kinda pathetic. Or also you can use Hp ice.

Why are you running speed on mega scizor?
As i already mention, I run a offensiv teams so i dont really want to stall someone out. Expect this he is mostly my late game cleaner and with the speed i am able to outspeed many Heatrans variant and ... that i need to otuspeed.

Swaqfeq

I COULD BE BANNED!
I prefer running dragon tail > dragon claw on TankChomp, just to get rid of setup sweepers and get the extra damage on other mons ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)