ORAS OU Clash of Meteor

Hello Smogon,

this will be my first RMT at Smogon so please don´t be angry with me!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Now I´m gonna explain you the reason for this Team. My "best" playstyle is Balanced so I decided to run a Balanced-Team.
I was looking for 1 of the new megas so I choose mMetagross because of his great speed and attack.

mMetagross is one of the best Lategamesweeper in OR/AS OU.
mMetagross ist also S ranked.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Metagross @ Metagronite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Grass Knot
- Meteor Mash
mMetagross my mega and lategamesweeper of choice. Metagross have a great speed and a great attack. Metagross ability push his attack and Metagross could be a very big problem for every team without a counter or check. I decided to put Grass Knot over Hammer Arm oder Agility because Metagross can´t hit Quagsire, Slowbro, mSlowbro and mSwampert. Meteor Mash is the obligatory STAB, Ice Punch for Lando and Lando-T and EQ can hit other Steel-Typ mons. I choose a jolly nature for the Max. speed. It´s very important so outspeed the most Pokemon in the lategame.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
Like all lategamesweeper Metagross needs help to clear or hit the counters. Latios ist not only my defogger, He can hit also Heatran with EQ (Thats why I have 44 Atk Ev´s) and Latios lure Bisharp. Ferrothorn is a big problem for Metagross, Latios can easy handle it with HP-Fire and Draco Meteor is the main STAB for Rotom-W. I choose here a speed nature to. Naive don´t let my attack feel and so I can hit Heatran and Bisharp harder than with a timid nature.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
Sometimes Latios need help to clean the field for Metagross and here comes Dragonite. I decided for the Bulky Band attacker cause I need the power in a moment. Dragon Dance takes to long. I invested 96 speed ev´s to outspeed Rotom-W with 44 speed evs cause Nite don´t like Wow. Fire Punch is for mMetagross, Ferrothorn,Sciz and Ballon Exca. Outrage is the main STAB and EQ for Heatran.

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SDef / 68 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
I decided to use Heatran over Ttar cause Ttar breaks my own Multiscale and Ttar have so many weaks. Heatran basicly do the same and give me a betther position against Ferrothorn.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
So Bisharp correctly played make a big problem for my Team, Bisharp can OHKO Ttar, Latios and OHKO Metagross. Rotom-W is my answer and Rotom-W gives me more chance to beat Greninja. I decided to put Pain splitt over HP Ice cause Rotom-W needs some recovery and if I lose Rotom-W i would have a big problem with Greninja

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
I need some help against CM-mSableye cause after 1 CM latios can beat him. Wow is a Problem for my Phy. attackers like Nite, Metagross or Ttar. Fire Blast is for Sciz and mMeta. I choose Magic Guard so chansey, blissey and mSableye can´t stall Clefable out.

Last edited:
Great team you did there. But i would recommend you to run this Clefable set:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

or if you have no problems with special attackers
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
Your team have nothing to kill a CM-mSableye, even if he probably will have a hard time to Ohko you. But if he runs Shadow ball he can Ohko you after +6 and if clefable is mostlikly your only switch in on to him after +1 on Sableye. Your only Chance is to crit him with a Moonblast. Except that Calm mind Clefable would give you a easier time beating CM-mSableye, you dont really need Heal bell againts sableye anymore. Because you can switch Clefable easily in on a WoW because of Magic guard and 1 vs 1 it after. You can switch Clefable on the most meta poks carring WoW like Rotom and ... . So i really dont recommend you Heal Bell on it.

The rest of your team looks for me really great, except that your latias have no Roost so it is going to lose alot of HP, if you try to keep your field all time without stealth rocks so your Dragonite can switch in and keep having Multiscale, but i guess it isn´t that much for a problem if you play it offensiv enough.

Btw sry for asking you, but can i know how you make this show and hide things under your poks? Evrytime i make one of my own RTMs i don´t know how to make them.

Great team you did there. But i would recommend you to run this Clefable set:
Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

or if you have no problems with special attackers
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
Your team have nothing to kill a CM-mSableye, even if he probably will have a hard time to Ohko you. But if he runs Shadow ball he can Ohko you after +6 and if clefable is mostlikly your only switch in on to him after +1 on Sableye. Your only Chance is to crit him with a Moonblast. Except that Calm mind Clefable would give you a easier time beating CM-mSableye, you dont really need Heal bell againts sableye anymore. Because you can switch Clefable easily in on a WoW because of Magic guard and 1 vs 1 it after. You can switch Clefable on the most meta poks carring WoW like Rotom and ... . So i really dont recommend you Heal Bell on it.

The rest of your team looks for me really great, except that your latias have no Roost so it is going to lose alot of HP, if you try to keep your field all time without stealth rocks so your Dragonite can switch in and keep having Multiscale, but i guess it isn´t that much for a problem if you play it offensiv enough.

Btw sry for asking you, but can i know how you make this show and hide things under your poks? Evrytime i make one of my own RTMs i don´t know how to make them.
Thank you for the rate, I never thought about this Clefable set! I can´t say if I have problems with special attackers I have to test it. Thank you!

Oh that´s no problem, if you want to hide your text you have to put hide "Text" /hide and put the brackets on it like [...] [...]

Suggestions a updatet.

Latios now with Roost and Clefable has a completly no set.
Be carefully with the Roost on Latios i think it will be easier for you, but i am not sure maybe you will need this hp fire more than Roost. So try to look first if you miss your hp fire or not if you do change it back :P. As i said i am just thinking theoriticly dont know if praticly it will be better or not

Scotti

we back.
Metagross @ Metagronite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Agility
- Meteor Mash

Agility Mega Metagross is a huge threat and pretty much outspeed everything. I also gave you Zen headbutt to hit bulky water for nice damage, and because it is great STAB to have. Also you can get a few flinches that are always nice.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)

- Roost / Hidden Power Fire
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake

I technically like the use of hp fire also, but roost also works pretty well.

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Fire Punch

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar
- Lava Plume

I felt like heatran would be more reliable at rocks, and took on more threats. Threats like dragons, tflame, and steels. It also lures in bulky waters and can poison them.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

With the addition of Rotom-w you're weaker to bisharp, but you counter mega mence better, and you don't get straight up fucked by greninja. Like without rotom-w you pretty much get 6-0'd once you see a greninja. Atleast rotom-w gives you a fighting chance now.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
Hope I helped.

Thank you, on my way home from scool I thought about switch Ttar with Heatran :D
Rotom-W sounds good.

But I tried Agility mMetagross out and i´m so happy with that ....

Thank you for teh rest!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)