XY OU Mono Electric. Can't get it to work anymore

I have been trying to fix my Electric team to fit this new and upcoming meta. Many of the new Megas just run through my team now and I can't seem to find anything to check them. It's an ongoing problem and I was hoping I could get some feedback on how I can make my team better.

Rotom-Wash.png

MOAR WAWTA (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

I decided to use Rotom-Wash because I needed a Electric/Water Dual Type to deal with the dreaded swift swim teams and normal(mainly to annoy chansey with pain split)teams. Rotom is my main special wall. Being able to tank a Life Orb Draco from Latios, I can feel comfortable saying it can handle/tank many special attacking pokemon of the meta. It can also handle physical attacking mons, given the situation, with will-o-wisp. Rotom is essential to this team's synergy and being able to absorb attacks that other pokemon of this team can't.

Eelektross.png

Hi c: (Eelektross) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Iron Tail
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
Eelektross is my only(sadly) physical attacker. He is used as my lati twin and Volcarona check. Being the utility pokemon of the team, he used to take care of any special attacking pokemon that rotom can't. Drain Punch and Knock off are for those dreaded Chanseys and Meloettas that lurk on normal teams. Iron Tail is my only check for Clefable. With electric being predominantly special attacking, Clefable sponges anything that wants to be thrown at it. With the sad 70% of Iron Tail it's more of a gamble to try to get the defensive drop that knowing for a fact that Eelektross hits it hard. Finally, rock slide is for those volcs that, just like clefable, sponge my attacks.

156+ Atk Eelektross Rock Slide vs. 240 HP / 252 Def Volcarona: 316-376 (85.1 - 101.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Assault Vest Eelektross: 106-126 (28.3 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO

Zapdos.jpg

Zap Type (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Alright, Zapdos is my main physical wall and problem solver. Pretty much tanking anything from x2 Dragon Claw and x1 Outrage from Dnite to Scarfcross' and Scarfdorus' Stone Edges. I can tank the stone edges then roost the damage away and with pressure, stall out the PP so then its nothing to worry about later in the battle. Discharge is for any fast threats that switch into Zapdos that can cause problems for my team. Heat Wave is for the Steel teams that are an annoyance to deal with. Defog for , of course, getting rid of hazards for my team to come in safely without taking damage. Also, the 16 speed is for being able to outspeed any 100 base speed pokemon without any investment.

+1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 264-312 (69.2 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 190-224 (49.8 - 58.7%) -- 73.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Heracross Stone Edge vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 170-202 (44.6 - 53%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ampharos.gif

Goldilocks (Ampharos-Mega) @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 204 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Dragon Pulse
- Cotton Guard
- Focus Blast

Acting as a secondary physical wall, Ampharos can do well at tanking hits. Used more often against fire teams, Ampharos switches in, bets on the 30% of paralysis from discharge and its Static to paralyze the foe. I then Mega Evolve to finish off the pokemon. This strat is used more on Mega-Medicham, and most of the time it gets paralyzed on the fake out. Since Zapdos can't take on Terrakion, the 176 defensive evs on this Ampharos come into play. Switching in on stone edges, I can tank a stone edge and then FBlast or Discharge on the next turn, depending on the situation. The 48 Speed is to outspeed Azumarill if it doesn't have speed invested in it, given the situation that I need Amphy for Azumarill if Zapdos falls.

Thundurus.png

Flying Kitty (Thundurus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 164 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Now on to the powerhouses of the team. Thundurus is the main Ground check. Originally he was purely support with 0 Special Attack. However, with this new spread, 164 Special Attack with Life Orb is enough for HP Ice to Ohko one of my biggest threats, Garchomp. Along with that, Grass Knot can ohko Swampert and Hippowdown. With the rest of evs in hp, given that my back is against the wall, I can Thunder Wave the opponent and more than likely survive an unboosted hit.

Raikou.jpg

New Things :s (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Calm Mind

The Final and favorite part of my team is Raikou. With this pokemon, you don't know whether it is a Specskou of a Calm Mind Raikou. With the Calm Mind set, and its base 115 speed, it can play serious mind games with the opponent. It can also setup on most special attackers and with just one calm mind and one sub, potentially sweep. This pokemon can be the most threatening part of my team or the most annoying. Extrasensory over a Hidden Power or Aura Sphere to fill the gaping weakness for Mega Venu that Electric has.

Threats:
As I said in the beginning of he thread, Megas really hurt my team.
1. Mega Charizard-X
2. Bulky Mega Gardevoir
3. Banded Dragons
4.Mega Venusaur
5. Clefable

Pent

dumb broad
Just a recommendation, try mega Manectric instead of Mega Ampharos. Usually you only use it in UU.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower/Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunderbolt

Just a recommendation, try mega Manectric instead of Mega Ampharos. Usually you only use it in UU.

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower/Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice
- Thunderbolt
Thanks, I will be sure to give it a try!

Agreeing with Sparkl3y, Mega Manectric is very good in OU. If you use it, i consider replacing Raikou and changing Thundurus-I's set to physical. Thundurus has great attack and a very nice movepool with Knock Off, Superpower and U-turn. Considering the rest or your team, having an electric move on Thundurus is a bit irrelevant, but HP ice might be good to have if you want to go mixed. I suggest a set with Knock Off, Superpower, U-turn/HP Ice and Twave/Taunt depending on what you find most useful.

I've made a decent mono electric team back in the Genesect era of XY OU, and I found Stunfisk to be pretty useful as the only electric-type with Stealth Rocks. Its typing, ability and bulk are actually not terrible and I definitely found it worth using.

Electric teams are inherently weak to CM Clefable due to having limited options against it. Even though you have Iron Tail on your Eelektross, it doesn't save you from getting swept unless you manage to hit them repeatedly AND get the 30% defense drops. I resorted to using Eerie Impulse Lanturn which did a good job stopping Clefable. Unfortunately it didn't do much else lol

Pent

dumb broad
Agreeing with Sparkl3y, Mega Manectric is very good in OU. If you use it, i consider replacing Raikou and changing Thundurus-I's set to physical. Thundurus has great attack and a very nice movepool with Knock Off, Superpower and U-turn. Considering the rest or your team, having an electric move on Thundurus is a bit irrelevant, but HP ice might be good to have if you want to go mixed. I suggest a set with Knock Off, Superpower, U-turn/HP Ice and Twave/Taunt depending on what you find most useful.

I've made a decent mono electric team back in the Genesect era of XY OU, and I found Stunfisk to be pretty useful as the only electric-type with Stealth Rocks. Its typing, ability and bulk are actually not terrible and I definitely found it worth using.

Electric teams are inherently weak to CM Clefable due to having limited options against it. Even though you have Iron Tail on your Eelektross, it doesn't save you from getting swept unless you manage to hit them repeatedly AND get the 30% defense drops. I resorted to using Eerie Impulse Lanturn which did a good job stopping Clefable. Unfortunately it didn't do much else lol
This is just asking, but Why didn't you use Heliolisk for an Eerie Impulse? Was it because Lanturn was more Bulky? I just want to know if I make an Electric mono team in the future.​

Yeah, I needed something bulkier than 62/54/94 defenses lol

It also had better support options like Heal Bell and Scald. Though imo heliolisk and lanturn are both pretty bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)