ORAS Omnibus Information Thread

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I did EM's suggestion though I am still not certain on Electric Terrain duration and whether it should be 4r, 6r, or indefinite.

Also I would rather stay true to in-game with regards to Rayquaza; let it be broken as hell (It will not be allowed in serious matches anyway so who really cares about balancing it).

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
My line of thinking with Rayquaza was that a hypothetical Rayquaza TLR could have a boss battle where if you catch Rayquaza, you just get the Pokemon, but you could also take on a harder boss battle and get Rayquaza + Rayquazite/Jade Orb, similar to what we've done with Lati@s in The Planet's Fury. Yeah, both of them are going to be "broken as hell," but Rayquaza is just broken, whereas ASB Mega Rayquaza would break the whole game worse than what Mega Kangaskhan did to OU. If we do it my way, we could make a Weather Trio TLR without worrying about unleashing the full brunt of awesome 110/7/4/7/4/115 stats + amazing movepool + OP ability onto ASB because we could avoid that by not releasing Rayquazite/Jade Orb.

My line of thinking with Rayquaza was that a hypothetical Rayquaza TLR could have a boss battle where if you catch Rayquaza, you just get the Pokemon, but you could also take on a harder boss battle and get Rayquaza + Rayquazite/Jade Orb, similar to what we've done with Lati@s in The Planet's Fury. Yeah, both of them are going to be "broken as hell," but Rayquaza is just broken, whereas ASB Mega Rayquaza would break the whole game worse than what Mega Kangaskhan did to OU. If we do it my way, we could make a Weather Trio TLR without worrying about unleashing the full brunt of awesome 110/7/4/7/4/115 stats + amazing movepool + OP ability onto ASB because we could avoid that by not releasing Rayquazite/Jade Orb.
There's one problem in this and it's that you need to check how Rayquaza Megas.

As in: why we're saying it's so broken.

I agree with IAR, some things are supposed to be ridiculously broken things you use for fun that are banned in all major battles with other players. I mean if you want to balance everything you might as well delete Kyogre, Groudon, Lugia, Mewtwo, Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Arceus...

Or we could do what Texas Cloverleaf keeps saying and make Ray Gold Pike prize. I mean Gold Pike is hard as hell to beat and it's not like Rayquaza will be allowed anywhere except maybe raids.

Rayquaza IMO is more of a trophy mon.

It's not a "h lemme use this and sweep fiting gym" kinda poke, but it's more of a "look at me, i have this and you don't" kinda mon.

That being said, I almost think that the implementation of rayquaza etc. warrants us to rethink how we do asb. We could almost do it like showdown, and institute "ranked" matches, complete with tiers and metagames and so on so forth. It'd be a lot of work, but it would solve the "postgame" issue we're bound to have sooner or later.

We already have ranked matches, we call them Gym matches and Tournaments. And we have a metagame, too. As far as tiers, what? ASB is designed to make random crappy pokemon useful, and has done so very well for the most part. Putting in tiers would be incredibly arbitrary, since what would we base it off of? Usage is a terrible idea, because there is so little data and then we have Combee in the top tier. Remember, tiers are banlists. Mons are so similar in strength in ASB that any attempts at tiers would result in a ton of arbitrary bans on things that aren't significantly stronger than the rest of the tier (yes there is the ASB Viability Rankings thread, but read the disclaimer).

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Let's not get into a topic of tiers, that is another topic for another day.

Additionally I am yet to see one convincing argument as to why Rayquaza's mega evolution method should not be through Dragon's Ascent. Sure it might make Pike a lot harder but Frosty can just... you know... not give Rayquaza Dragon's Ascent?

Also the Gold Pike Rayquaza prize ship kinda sailed a month or two ago because nothing came from the legends outside of TLR's thread outside of Tournament Prizes (I think).

But let's get back on topic shall we?

FROSTYEDIT: Adding to this: Pike Rayquaza will NOT be able to Mega-Evolve. Under no circunstances. How I am going to do that (not give dragon ascent or hotfixing it not being prone to mega-evolving) I yet do not know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Not the most exciting news but I directly implemented Hoopa's Transformation Item (Prison Bottle) and Hoopa Unbound into the NDA. The effect being: "This item when held by Hoopa automatically transforms it into its Unbound forme and gives it access to Hyperspace Fury while it is in that forme. Prison Bottle can be held by Hoopa in addition to any other item and cannot be removed or negated by Embargo or Magic Room. Prison Bottle can be used in Items = Training / Off battles."

Do not worry it is banned from LLAMA so no need to worry about this change that will not be of direct importance until a year or three from now.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Given Plasmicra's movepool lost just Giga Impact and Hyper Beam, I eleced to add Plasmicra to the NDA with the same 10 tutors that Plasmanta has.

They're still not purchasable, but we're almost there!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)