ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirage Island or Mirage Cave.

Edit: Also, since no one responded to my question, does anyone know where you can buy Heart Scales? Serebii says Mauville City, but the Poke Miles Shop in Mauville doesn't sell them. :/
You don't need to buy them. Just thief in luvdisc and you're good to go. Get a Pokemon with Frisk and Thief, go fish with good rod, and you'll have more scales than Smaug in minutes.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Unless someone with an unpatched game caught a shiny Kyogre/Groudon/etc and no one else with patched games ever get one, then it's a hoax.

Besides, we could just delete the patch and carry on lol.

Where can I find an Onix? I tried to look it up, but all I can find is that I need to use the DexNav im Granite Cave. But if I've never even seen one, how can thay work? Is it just later in the game?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Where can I find an Onix? I tried to look it up, but all I can find is that I need to use the DexNav im Granite Cave. But if I've never even seen one, how can thay work? Is it just later in the game?
Onix is only available in Granite Cave after you get the National Dex (after Kyogre/Groudon shenanigans). At that point, various Pokémon species that weren't native to Hoenn start appearing in the region.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Onix is only available in Granite Cave after you get the National Dex. At that point, various Pokémon species that weren't native to Hoenn start appearing in the region.
They actually start appearing before you get the National Dex as long as Kyogre/Groudon have been beaten/caught.

I don't see any place that sells them, but I could trade some to you from my copy in X/Y if you want. Otherwise, I would just use the Dowsing Mechine and find the heart scales hidden on the routes.
You don't need to buy them. Just thief in luvdisc and you're good to go. Get a Pokemon with Frisk and Thief, go fish with good rod, and you'll have more scales than Smaug in minutes.
Serebii is such a liar. smh. Thanks for the advice tho both of you and your offer Catacomb, but I don't want to take your Heart Scales ^^ I think I'll just use the PGL Website to get Heart Scales then >.<

Unless someone with an unpatched game caught a shiny Kyogre/Groudon/etc and no one else with patched games ever get one, then it's a hoax.

Besides, we could just delete the patch and carry on lol.
If you delete the patch, aren't you prohibited from getting online, as it was for XY patches?

Whatever, I hate 99.9% of shinies nonetheless.

Btw, at level 50, is there much difference between 31 and 30 on Lati@s' speed? As it used to be such a monster on VGC, I'll probably use it, at least in some teams, so I want it as perfect as possible.

If there's a difference, is that any way to be sure the gift Latios is 31 on speed? I can live with 30 on SpA, but losing at speed sucks.

If you delete the patch, aren't you prohibited from getting online, as it was for XY patches?

Whatever, I hate 99.9% of shinies nonetheless.

Btw, at level 50, is there much difference between 31 and 30 on Lati@s' speed? As it used to be such a monster on VGC, I'll probably use it, at least in some teams, so I want it as perfect as possible.

If there's a difference, is that any way to be sure the gift Latios is 31 on speed? I can live with 30 on SpA, but losing at speed sucks.
The difference is 1 point in speed, losing speed ties against other base 110 Speed mons'

Edit: To be more specific: Mega Metagross, Gengar, other Lati's, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply :D Oh by the way, is Feebas still only found on six tiles, or has that changed? I've heard inconsistent things.

EDIT: Also, during the heavy rain apocalypse, can you use it to evolve a traded over Sliggoo or does it not count? Just kinda curious.

Last edited:
I really dislike how Game Freak handled the unlockable music for ORAS.

Ho-oh's battle theme is OR only and Lugia's battle theme is AS only meaning you can't get the other..

Ok so I got a new Latios.

30-31/10-13/30-31/27-29/30-31/31

Speed is definetely 31, Latios is timid and I gave it 12 speed EVS.

Does the Special Attack really make a difference if its a few points lower? I'm really debating on just keeping this one honestly, since it meets the speed tier.

Does the Special Attack really make a difference if its a few points lower? I'm really debating on just keeping this one honestly, since it meets the speed tier.
Keep for sure, I'm sure you don't want to keeping soft reseting for a flawless one unless you're that nit picky about it. I don't think the 2-4 IV pts will make a huge diff'.

The difference is 1 point in speed, losing speed ties against other base 110 Speed mons'

Edit: To be more specific: Mega Metagross, Gengar, other Lati's, etc.
I thought the difference was only seen at level 100. Thanks.

After 12 EVs, what is his speed stat at 30 and 31?

Lake Trio is every twelve hours, I think. I got Mesprit pre-Wallace, waited a while, and battled Uxie (but ran out of Poké Balls, sadly). However, I had beaten the E4 by the time I checked on Uxie.

Also, how do you find Pathless Plain? It won't appear for me.
You need a Pokemon that's maxed out its EVs in your party to access Pathless Plain.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just an FYI that you need Ho-Oh or Lugia to get the Beasts, not just any Legendary like Serebii says.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Looks similar to mine - 31/4-8/31/29/31/31. I suggest you keep it because the difference between a 28 and 31 is only 2 pts at lv50 w/ 252 SpA EVs. A 29 is only a 1 point difference. idk what 27 is but the difference is ~.1-.3% in damage calculations iirc.

EDIT: A 27 is only 2 pts difference, and doing a few damage calcs, the difference is close to .1-.2% on average, which is barely a significant difference imo. Within range of all but the very highest damage rolls for a 31 IV.

EDIT 2: Actually, there is some variance that suggests you may consider tossing if it is 27-28, because sometimes the variance is up to .5%, but these are sloppy on the minute calcs and should really be up to you imo. I would suggest running lots of damage calcs against common threats and observe the difference between whatever your SpA is and a 31.

Last edited:
So I just beat Tate and Liza. I remember when they were the hardest Gym in Hoenn... Lunatone and Solrock were both KO'd turn 1 by double Surfs from Milotic and Latias. Then again, maybe I'm more experienced now than when I played Sapphire the first time at 7 years old.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So there's already another patch, apparently it fixes a major glitch where the game freezes when the game shifts to the ending movie from the Hall of Fame scene.

So I haven't heard about this glitch, so why do I have a feeling it came about from the first patch breaking something accidentally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)