Other ORAS OU Sample Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob., your team looks really nice, but when I tried it out, I had problems against timid mega sceptile because swampert fails to outspeed it under rain, and it can severely hurt your entire team behind a sub. I guess one thing you could try is scarf latias with trick to beat it?

Rob., your team looks really nice, but when I tried it out, I had problems against timid mega sceptile because swampert fails to outspeed it under rain, and it can severely hurt your entire team behind a sub. I guess one thing you could try is scarf latias with trick to beat it?
You can't trick against an opponent holding a mega stone.

Mega Sceptile reaches a max speed of 427. His Mega Swampert spread reaches 440 speed. Maybe you tried to mega evolve in front of it, but Mega Swampert outspeeds in rain.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I did try to mega evolve in front of it, but I forgot that it's speed stays the same. Still, if it's (mega sceptile) behind a sub, it can really hit lots of members hard.

Standard Rain Offense
Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower / Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald / Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Politoed's primary purpose is to provide 8 turns of rain support for the teams offensive core. Because Politoed's SpA isn't too bad and its Water-type attacks are boosted under Rain, I decided to forgo the standard defensive moveset because it's a momentum killer for offensive teams. 200 Speed EVs allow it to outrun Defensive Rotom-W. Hydro Pump 2HKOes Rotom-W after Stealth Rock and a bit of chip damage. Rotom-W can be difficult to handle for Rain teams so I felt this investment was absolutely necessary. I added Psychic instead of Scald so Politoed can 2HKO Mega Venusaur after Stealth Rock. Everything else is standard. Ferrothorn is a must for all rain teams because it provides an array of resistances, most importantly Electric-, Dragon- and Grass-type resists. It also provides entry hazard support. I added Mega Swampert because it's extremely dangerous under Rain because of its power, bulk, and amazing ability Swift Swim. Mega Swamperts role is to punch holes in opposing teams early / mid-game to soften up things for Kingdra. It's also a shiny new mega forme that I wanted to test. Kingdra was added next because it's another Swift Swim abuser that can be dangerous if given the right support. I also wanted a Special Attacker and I couldn't find a Special Attacker that could abuse rain any better than Kingdra. I was fearful of Keldeo at this point so I added Latias to check it, along with a few other dangerous Fighting-types. This team doesn't really care about Stealth Rock so I decided against Defog Latias and went with 3 Attacks + Healing Wish. Healing Wish can provide Azumarill, Kingdra, or Mega Swampert with another opportunity to sweep. Finally, Azumarill was added to plug a few defensive holes. Azumarill is extremely powerful and one of its STABs is boosted by Politoeds rain, plus the team struggled with Dark- and Dragon-tyoes, so adding Azumarill was a no brainer. The team is fairly decent and it has helped me explore the meta so I decided to post it here so other users can use it to familiarize themselves with the metagame or test out Mega Swampert.
Hey Rob I was just wondering what does 176 speed evs on swampert allow it to outspeed in the rain?

Hey Rob I was just wondering what does 176 speed evs on swampert allow it to outspeed in the rain?
I use 176 Spe EVs to outspeed 44 Spe Rotom-W's outside of Rain, just in case I'm forced to attack instead of switch. Only if it's 40% HP or under though.

252+ Atk Swampert Superpower vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 113-134 (37.1 - 44%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I use 176 Spe EVs to outspeed 44 Spe Rotom-W's outside of Rain, just in case I'm forced to attack instead of switch. Only if it's 40% HP or under though.

252+ Atk Swampert Superpower vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 113-134 (37.1 - 44%) -- 99.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Don't you need to run a jolly nature to outspeed it by 1? You have it as adamant and Rotom-w with 44 spe reaches 219 and with adamant as put in the importable and calc get you to 200 speed and Jolly helps you reach 200 speed

Don't you need to run a jolly nature to outspeed it by 1? You have it as adamant and Rotom-w with 44 spe reaches 219 and with adamant as put in the importable and calc get you to 200 speed and Jolly helps you reach 200 speed
No 176 EVs gives mega swamp 220 Spe, 44 Spe Rotom-W hits 219.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Toxic / Stealth Rock

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 172 SpD / 84 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock / Protect
- Lava Plume
- Taunt
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave / Spikes / Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

This is what I'd imagine your average Mega-Camerupt balance team would looks like. I started off with MCamerupt+Nastypass Celebi+Rotom-W since it is just a really solid FWG core, they have a ridiculous amount of synergy, especially given that Celebi and Rotom-W are both able to pivot into Camerupt via Baton Pass and Volt Switch respectively. Toxic on Camerupt may sound odd but it cripples Rotom-W a ton so if I get a Toxic on it I basically just have to send in Celebi every time and wait for it to die. WoW is also an option but I've already very resilient to Azumarill so I don't think I need it too much. You can also run SR on it, it's pretty nice for freeing the moveslot on the rest of my team but CMam isn't a great SR setter especially since on balance you want something that can set up SR consistently SR setter. Since Latis destroy me, I decided to add both Heatran and Ferrothorn which cover the vast majority of variants perfectly. Heatran enables me not to get murdered by MVenu thanks to Taunt, and also puts pressure on Chansey (speed is for standard MVenu btw). Ferrothorn is my answer to MGyara and Sharpedo, which is why I made it highly phys def and gave it Power Whip to actually beat Sub MGyara. Gyro ball+Thunder Wave is usually a no-no but on this particular team it works since TWave helps Camerupt a lot (thanks to the speed EVs I gave it, it can outspeed the entire paralyzed tier up to Scarfed Base 85s). Gyro Ball serves a completely different purpose, mainly hitting Sub MAltaria and Sub Kyu-B, I won't be using Gyro Ball and TWave against the same Pokemon (if I do stay in I will Leech Seed rather than Gyro Ball). TWave also helps me not be complete setup fodder for XZard and Gallade who are big threats to my team. Still, Protect and Spikes are good options, Protect for scouting Fire coverage and getting Leech Seed recovery and Spikes to let Camerupt wallbreak better and puts even more pressure on Chansey. Finally, Shed Shell in an option because Camerupt can very easily get a free switch into Magnezone if you carry it. Last Pokemon is Scarf Lando-T, gives me a way to check Pinsir and Charizard-X and is just a very good pivot in general. Can also revenge kill MGyara with Superpower and check Greninja, two problems for my team.

Last edited:
With that team, Tyranitar can easily be replaced with something else that does beat Venusaur (Flying type/ Lati@s) Also having those two choice scarfers on the team has to be a pain when there are much better lati@s checks than scarf tar. I dunno what you want to do with it I'm just giving my initial reaction to using the team.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Taunt Heatran>TTar is probably the simplest fix (Heatran+Ferro basically covers Latios perfectly unless it runs EQ+HP Fire which is rare), but that still leaves me very weak to Gallade, EQ XZard and birdspam. One again, will update with improved team once i'm satisfied.

edit : okay, decided on running Heatran>Scarftar, Scarf Lando-T over Scarf Keldeo and max phys def on Ferro to switch into MGyara. Scouting Latis can be annoying since I can't fit Protect on either of my steels but I can deal with them fine for the most part. I also have to pray that Altaria won't have both EQ and Fire Blast. Don't see any huge weaknesses Not being able to fit hazard removal means I get worn down a ton by spikes-stacking teams but I'm not sure how to fix that and still cover everything decently. Updating the team rn.

oh yeah also i'm weak to Greninja, wondering if it's worth running a bunch of SpD on Rotom-W could be worth it (though HP Fire is kinda uncommon nowadays, lack of SpD on Ferro means I take Ice beams pretty badly)

Last edited:
Taunt Heatran>TTar is probably the simplest fix (Heatran+Ferro basically covers Latios perfectly unless it runs EQ+HP Fire which is rare), but that still leaves me very weak to Gallade, EQ XZard and birdspam. One again, will update with improved team once i'm satisfied.

edit : okay, decided on running Heatran>Scarftar, Scarf Lando-T over Scarf Keldeo and max phys def on Ferro to switch into MGyara. Scouting Latis can be annoying since I can't fit Protect on either of my steels but I can deal with them fine for the most part. I also have to pray that Altaria won't have both EQ and Fire Blast. Don't see any huge weaknesses Not being able to fit hazard removal means I get worn down a ton by spikes-stacking teams but I'm not sure how to fix that and still cover everything decently. Updating the team rn.

oh yeah also i'm weak to Greninja, wondering if it's worth running a bunch of SpD on Rotom-W could be worth it (though HP Fire is kinda uncommon nowadays, lack of SpD on Ferro means I take Ice beams pretty badly)
You can always run trick scarf latios with defog. Beats greninja on the suprise, weakens a wall with trick and can defog for your team. Heatran+ rotom covers birdspam pretty well if you run a bit bulkier of a heatran. Oh and i'm pretty sure latios can beat gallade but I dunno for sure.

Blue Cyclops
Heres a squad featuring the mega metagross. Once Metagross was confirmed everyone was saying it would go ubers lol but it is no where near that level. Seeing that tough claws doesnt help it as much same as aerodactyl but one thing is that metagross is the second fastest steel type. So I combined up with a team to have it as a wallbreaker. It being a wallbreaker I combined with toxic to break down fat mons that can switch in easily. Metagross imo is a wallbreaker it doesnt need agility in its moveset ever. It can barely sweep with its attack and with lando-t's and ninjas roaming around it forces you to run like hammer arm or ice punch. Toxic gave me alot more oppurtunities to set up with suicune and to ware down sets up sweepers that can switch in. Diggersby can pivot into ghost which pressures Metagross. Diggersby also lures in ferro which gets rocked by fire punch since it now learns it, return was taken off over fire punch just to lure in ferros and skarm pretty fun having those weakened :].Using a sash lets me get a free sd also could use life orb to have a 62.5% chance to OHKO maz def ferro. Suicune has incredible bulk and can switch into so much popular mons rn for example "mamoswine" yes it can wreck my team which is why suicune was added in this spot as a setup sweeper and a status absorber since clef is running unaware and is also a part timer in checking priority spam. I had hp fire before but I mainly got trapped and couldnt pivot around bisharp+tar and looking at my team I have nothing for bisharp leaving me to run hp fighting on latios. Thundurus was to mainly check scizor with suicune at first but after testing i lost to setup sweepers which is why I combined thundurs with suicune, clefable since thundurus pressures skarm and checks clefs and suicunes walls. Clefable was chosen to be unaware over magic guard to beat zard x and belly drum azu as it can leave holes in teams for suicune to come in on weakened mons to get free cms. This team still needs work but so far has been winning me alot of games. shoutouts spuun

IMPORTABLE
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Toxic
- Hammer Arm

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Diggersby @ Focus Sash
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Defog

I'm going to call it Volt-Turn simply for half the team utilizing it with a set up sweeper so call it whatever you would like. The new toy syndrome died out for myself so I went back to using what I felt would work in ORAS meta. I know I wanted to use M-Scizor cause I felt like it still did well in this meta with the ability to check threats such as M-Altaria, Unaware Clefable which I noticed an increase in, M-Gard, among some others with its offensive variant as a win con. Went speed > bulk to one up threats such as Jolly Bisharp and Adamant Diggersby as I felt it was more beneficial in this meta with a faster spread. I know I wanted to use Manaphy as well but wasn't too sure of the set I wanted to use. M-Sableye and M-Slowbro are very prominent on stall and gave me some trouble so I took it upon myself to work smarter and not harder. Originally had a Heart Swap set but as you may see from comments below and even in practice it became a bit situational, so I made the following changes suggested. Rain Dance for status removal on Manaphy and reduced fire damage for Cobalion and M-Scizor. Originally had Raikou for birdspam but I needed a check to Mega-Salamence as well, general offense, and set up sweepers so asked for some advice with the team from TheEnder on PS where we decided Volt Switch Thundurus would be a better fit. Taunt for stall-breaking utility paired with Cobalion's stall-breaking abilities and Volt Switch for added momentum. Lando-T is the rock setter and when paired with Thundurus helps with birdspam more consistently. Rock Tomb to slow down offensive switch ins and offense in general. Everything else is pretty standard. Cobalion was added last due to my weakness to Bisharp and another answer to stall, Clefable, and M-Gardevoir. Moveset is standard and pairs well with Thundurus as a stall-breaking core along with Volt Switch to maintain momentum. Used TrickScarf Defog Latios to improve my matchup against threats such as M-Lopunny, M-Aerodactyl, M-Sceptile, and all the really fast megas offense usually has. Team has a general weakness to threats such as Azumarill and Greninja for the most part along with Mamoswine however most issues that are apparent can be played around while consistently maintaining pressure through the volt turn portion of the team. Goal is to sweep with either M-Scizor or Manaphy depending on circumstances and or revenge kill threats until you've isolated your opponent into a disadvantageous matchup so not a whole lot else to say.

That's about it. If Volt-Turn is your thing you can go ahead and try this one out.

Edit: Edited to reflect suggestions below.
In an effort to revive this thread, to encourage people to post more sample teams, and to further gush about how much I love this team I've decided to write a rate/review. I've been using this team almost exclusively for a month or so. I've used it to hit #14 on the ladder (and counting); it's won me a couple small tours but mostly it's so goddamn fun to use.

As AM said, and as I mentioned in a previous post, it's one of the few balance teams that can consistently take on all the major archetypes: M-Sableye stall, HO, rain offense, sand offense, opposing (bulky) balance. RDTG Manaphy has become a dominant threat to stall teams everywhere. Fast offensive M-Scizor, on the other hand, is like a well-kept secret; an inordinate amount of free kills comes from its unexpected speed. I'll post some replays showing how easily it cleans weakened offensive & balanced teams.

The team isn't without its threats, and AM I talked about it pretty extensively, but honestly it's hard to make changes without risking the balance of the team.

- zard Y & special nukes more generally force sacks one after another. zard Y has literally one switch-in, once per match: scarf latios, which doesn't beat it 1v1. solutions: ??? opposing thundurus & mega manectric fall into the same category but are significantly more manageable; nothing is as threatening as zard Y.

- while sableye stall crumbles to RDTG manaphy, the best stall players are pairing sableye with goth to neuter mana with a scarf. once manaphy is down, it becomes almost impossible to break sableye with the rest of the team. solutions: swap cobalion with pursuit bisharp, baiting the goth switch ??? otherwise you have to play around the goth trap all game.

- what is a switch-in to a ninja? virtually forces you to trade thundy for a chance to t-wave it. scarf latios can surprise it, and manaphy can tank a hit or two to weaken it with scald, but it's threatening in every match. solution: just play around it w/ what you've got, very very carefully. it's worth trading thundy if it comes to that.

Aside from the synergy in wallbreaker manaphy + sweeper M-Scizor, much of the team's success comes from its unexpected sets. No one has any idea what Cobalion does. Everyone expects Scizor to be bulky and slow. It doesn't appear to be a volt-turn team and yet it is, and balance & stall & geopass get enraged by the double Taunt.

Truly a brilliant team AM, thanks for sharing it. I really think a Pursuit trapper somewhere would ease the matchup versus disgusting high ladder stall :]

Some replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-194589513 - manaphy picks off this lolmatch vs. OU: the team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-194690519 - p interesting game vs. metagross, hydreigon, azumarill
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-193387758 - scizor saves the day, kills talonflame, outspeeds breloom, the usual

Last edited:

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Defog

I'm going to call it Volt-Turn simply for half the team utilizing it with a set up sweeper so call it whatever you would like. The new toy syndrome died out for myself so I went back to using what I felt would work in ORAS meta. I know I wanted to use M-Scizor cause I felt like it still did well in this meta with the ability to check threats such as M-Altaria, Unaware Clefable which I noticed an increase in, M-Gard, among some others with its offensive variant as a win con. Went speed > bulk to one up threats such as Jolly Bisharp and Adamant Diggersby as I felt it was more beneficial in this meta with a faster spread. I know I wanted to use Manaphy as well but wasn't too sure of the set I wanted to use. M-Sableye and M-Slowbro are very prominent on stall and gave me some trouble so I took it upon myself to work smarter and not harder. Originally had a Heart Swap set but as you may see from comments below and even in practice it became a bit situational, so I made the following changes suggested. Rain Dance for status removal on Manaphy and reduced fire damage for Cobalion and M-Scizor. Originally had Raikou for birdspam but I needed a check to Mega-Salamence as well, general offense, and set up sweepers so asked for some advice with the team from TheEnder on PS where we decided Volt Switch Thundurus would be a better fit. Taunt for stall-breaking utility paired with Cobalion's stall-breaking abilities and Volt Switch for added momentum. Lando-T is the rock setter and when paired with Thundurus helps with birdspam more consistently. Rock Tomb to slow down offensive switch ins and offense in general. Everything else is pretty standard. Cobalion was added last due to my weakness to Bisharp and another answer to stall, Clefable, and M-Gardevoir. Moveset is standard and pairs well with Thundurus as a stall-breaking core along with Volt Switch to maintain momentum. Used TrickScarf Defog Latios to improve my matchup against threats such as M-Lopunny, M-Aerodactyl, M-Sceptile, and all the really fast megas offense usually has. Team has a general weakness to threats such as Azumarill and Greninja for the most part along with Mamoswine however most issues that are apparent can be played around while consistently maintaining pressure through the volt turn portion of the team. Goal is to sweep with either M-Scizor or Manaphy depending on circumstances and or revenge kill threats until you've isolated your opponent into a disadvantageous matchup so not a whole lot else to say.

That's about it. If Volt-Turn is your thing you can go ahead and try this one out.

Edit: Edited to reflect suggestions below.
I'm planning on using this team in an ingame tourney. The thing is the tourney will be at level 50. While the other pokes evs can stay the same or are easy to change the main issue is cobalion. At lv50 with 140hp evs there is still a 6.3% chance to be OHKOd by adamant excadrill eq and it requires 24 extra hp evs to guarantee survival. Is it worth the 24 evs or should I keep it the same or replace cobalion? If replace what would be some good replacements for cobalion? Thanks in advance.

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Luffy (Bisharp) @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Didnt see alot teams in awhile decided to post this since all I've been seeing on rmt's are balance, stall, weather. Gyara gets crunch now and works fantastically on stall mons setting up on mew/mega-sableye, crobro/ crocune. Sub up on that scald or will-o get up dd and its a wrap from their on. Needs support to setup so why not just put 5 other offensive mons to provide pressure. Bisharp being a nice fairy check [clef,sylv] getting a free set up weakened mons and providing a form of priority. I had suicune before but dnite won game so azu is one way to beat and also the only mon that switches into mega gardevoir not nicely but its one way to beat it. Terrak stops skarm from getting up rocks to widdle gyara also a lead to get up rocks. Needed a way to beat skarm/ and mega venusaur thund had a way to stop set up sweepers like opposing gyara/zard. I dont really like not having a team with no spinner so that might be a problem but its HO so the games will faster than balanceVstall. Scarf Chomp is better than Terrak cuz of coverage but it doesnt get taunt so I just gave it a scarf to beat mega manectric, sceptile. Hadnt had to much problems on the ladder just cause all ive been seeing was mega metagross and stall. I got a big weakness to rotom-w but its not a big deal just cause everything on the team 2hkos. Latios could be replaced over thund to switch into keld/venu/zard-y and provide defog its just that thund gets twave and also is a way kill gengar and neutralize fast threats. Sorry for shortness I didnt really explained the team to well but I got other things to do. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Mega Metagross Bulky Offense

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 70 Def / 186 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Defog

Here is a fun team that I recently created, which got me pretty high up on the ladder(peaked at #133). It features a really cool core that I have been playing around with, which is mega metagross + manaphy. Manaphy completely wrecks annoying stuff like mega sableye, as well as functioning as a great win con against stall. I slapped on ferrothorn as a rocks setter, and landorus-t as a my scarfer. Next I decided to use rotom-w to form a volt-turn core, as well as checking dangerous rain offense teams with mega swampert. Finally, latias was added as a defogger, as well as providing healing wish support in case mega gross or lando-t got statused. When using this team, try to locate bulky mons like ferro and mega sableye, and focus on wearing them down. In cases where your opponent has a bunch of slow mons, (stall) use manaphy and set up rain dance and get to +6 for an easy sweep. Try to use mega gross as an early game wallbreaker, and then use manaphy to clean up weakened stuff late game.

Also, if you are paranoid of missing, don't use this team. Meteor mash, hammer arm, stone edge, zen headbutt, draco meteor, hydro pump, leech seed, will-o-wisp all have imperfect accuracy. So yeah, just a friendly reminder :]

Proof of peak:

And here is a nice replay
Manaphy power: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-197761898

Last edited:
Mega Metagross Bulky Offense v2.0

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 70 Def / 186 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Roost

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

So TheEnder asked me to make a few changes to the team. I changed scarf lando to a defensive pivot lando, as this change allowed me to free up rotom-w's slot as a pivot. SR was added to lando, and on ferrothorn, SR was changed to spikes. I was kind of weak to specs keldeo at this point, so defog on latias was changed to roost to better handle it. Finally, heatran was added as a scarfer to deal with mega gardevoir and ferrothorn. Then jukain told me that my team loses to gyara with gyro ball on ferro, so I changed it to power whip :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)