ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. This may sound like a very silly question, but...

How the heck do you start a new game? The options are to Continue, and some link stuff. So how do you start over? I dl'd the game, does that affect anything?
Hold B, X, and Up on the title screen. It may not be these exact buttons, but it's that from what I recall.

Hold B, X, and Up on the title screen. It may not be these exact buttons, but it's that from what I recall.
Sweet, thanks. Never had to do this before in the new gen games so I was stumped.

Another question: If you don't have the national dex, can non-Hoenn dex mons evolve? I'm planning on starting a new game with competitive hatched mons and not all of them are Hoenn native.

Sweet, thanks. Never had to do this before in the new gen games so I was stumped.

Another question: If you don't have the national dex, can non-Hoenn dex mons evolve? I'm planning on starting a new game with competitive hatched mons and not all of them are Hoenn native.
They can evolve just fine. I traded over 3 eggs of non-Hoenn Pokemon and they all evolved just fine (one of them being a Pixilate Sylveon).

Where's a good place to collect money? I'm broke to the point where I almost can't breed anymore.
Rebattling the Rich Boy and Lady on Route 104 offers a decent amount of money, especially with the Amulet Coin equipped. Or do that while rebattling the Elite Four.
I plan to get all electric legendaries with good stats... what nature is good for Raikou, thunderus and Zekrom?
Timid, Timid, Naive/Hasty/Jolly. And aiming for HP Ice.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Where's a good place to collect money? I'm broke to the point where I almost can't breed anymore.
I like the Interviewer's Double Battle. They're between the smashable rocks and the desert on Route 111, then across the ocean on Route 118, then the beginning of Route 120, then back to Route 111. You have to let them interview you before they move, but if you fly to their routes you can constantly battle them.

If you don't like that, the Elite 4.

I have a question about Smeargle, I would like to use ORAS to start breeding some new mons. If I intend to use Smeargle as a parent to pass down egg moves to Field group mons, how would I go about doing so in this game? In XY, the Lumiose 1 star Restaurant was convenient because you always had double battles there (with low level mons to boot). Is there any way to have easy access to double battles in ORAS for Sketching moves onto Smeargle?

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a question about Smeargle, I would like to use ORAS to start breeding some new mons. If I intend to use Smeargle as a parent to pass down egg moves to Field group mons, how would I go about doing so in this game? In XY, the Lumiose 1 star Restaurant was convenient because you always had double battles there (with low level mons to boot). Is there any way to have easy access to double battles in ORAS for Sketching moves onto Smeargle?
You can use trainer eye on the MapNav to rebattle double battles.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Zekrom wants Lonely or Naughty so it can go mixed with Draco Meteor and sometimes Volt Switch, while mixed Thundurus wants Naive, not Hasty, to take priority better.

You can use trainer eye on the MapNav to rebattle double battles.
Thanks, the above comments also reminded me about the interviewers, I completely forgot about them because I never did the first interview thing.

Edit: I guess you have to do the interview each time for them to move along to their next position. Ok I guess, better than sitting through 3 battles in XY.

After you beat the Delta Episode, and go back to Mossdeep Soace Center F2, the scientists ask you to tell them anything you know about Deoxys (this may only be if Deoxys is in your party, since he was in mine at the time), has this happened to anyone before? Just wondering, I'm assuming he's talking about the different formes, but just wanted to see if anyone knew about this beforehand.

Edit: Seems like it's not the formes that the people care about, maybe this is some setup for an event or something?

I won't SR for Rayquaza, but I'll do it for Cosplaychu and Latios. To sync for them, I'll transfer two Munnas from my Y, a Timid one for Latios and a Hasty one for Chu. When exactly do those events happen, so I know when to put them in my party?

I won't SR for Rayquaza, but I'll do it for Cosplaychu and Latios. To sync for them, I'll transfer two Munnas from my Y, a Timid one for Latios and a Hasty one for Chu. When exactly do those events happen, so I know when to put them in my party?
The Cosplaychu happens at Slateport, you can get it before the 2nd gym if you really wanted to. The Latios happens when you meet Steven on the route right after Mauville when you first get Surf. What's annoying is that you'll have to refight the aqua/magma grunts iirc to be able to get Lati@s, since it's not a battle.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Cosplay Pikachunis given to you after you win your first contest, while the Lati event happens at Route 118 when you meet up with Steven.

The Cosplaychu happens at Slateport, you can get it before the 2nd gym if you really wanted to. The Latios happens when you meet Steven on the route right after Mauville when you first get Surf. What's annoying is that you'll have to refight the aqua/magma grunts iirc to be able to get Lati@s, since it's not a battle.
Cosplay Pikachunis given to you after you win your first contest, while the Lati event happens at Route 118 when you meet up with Steven.
Thanks a lot =)

I keep hearing rumors that the most recent patch for ORAS shiny locked the legendaries again, can someone confirm or (hopefully) deny this? I really want to SR for some shinies this gen, and I'll be sad if I can't have my pink pentagon Virizion.

Trying to catch Thundurus. My plan is to lead with my level 15 Oddish, use Sleep Powder, switch to level 65 Sceptile, Mega Evolve, use Dual Chop, throw Ultra Balls. Of course, it's very luck dependent. Any advice?

Consider abusing Timer Balls. They max out at 10 turns now.
Never use Ultra Balls, unless you can't wait 'till night to do something.

Mathematically speaking, the best way to catch a Pokémon is to throw a quick ball at turn one, since it has a modifier value of 5x. If you don't catch it, and it's night or you are inside a cave, if you'll try the capture from turn 2-9, use Dusk Ball, since it has modifier 3.5x. The same holds true if you are trying to catch a water or bug type with Net Ball or any kind of pokémon while surfing, fishing or diving with a Dive Ball. After turn

After turn ten, use Timer Ball, since its multiplier is 4x.

As a means of comparison, the Ultra Ball multiplier is 2x.

And in case you don't know already, best status condition is sleep (and frozen, but since you can't control it...). It has a multiplier of 2.5 instead of 1.5 of poison/burn/plz.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Ok i read every damn post for the last... 4 pages, yh not that much, but i didnt find anyone asking This question so...

Is there ANY way to train quickly like X&Y had Restaurant Le WoW? I swear Ive been the last 24 hours looking all around, serebii doesnt say crap about it and Lord Google hasnt helped me. I dont fancy the idea of Lvl 100 Blissey Super Secret Bases, and E4 is not quick and wayyyyy too hard for any Lvl 80 poke to one shot the entire team, Wally isnt fast either and i dont even know when his team goes to Lvl 79-81.

I know ive probably come off as rude and im sorry, really, but im tired of no answers. Sorry for the bitchy long post, and i dont have a potato todos give :[

Hasty/Naive or Jolly for a Doubles Mega Rayquaza? I'm leaning towards Hasty since Intimidate is so common (and I can go mixed)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)