ORAS OU Meta-Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, this is my first team in ORAS with my best favourite mon, MMetagross. I have created this team idea but i need your ratings :D
So, pokemon are:

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 166 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Meteor smash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm

A bulky set that uses Agility boost to Outspeed speedy mons (92 to Outspeed excadrill and heatran) and Adamant nature maximizes its offensive power. I have some doubts about set because there are a lot of combinations of moveset (es. Ice/thunder punch , pursuit , EQ ecc), anyway meteorsmash and Zen Head are STAB and Hammer Arm to defeat magnezone and heatran. Alternatively I could play it Jolly with bullet or Naive with Grass Knot to kill MSlow and Swamp. What do you advice me?

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Classical pivot Rotom set with WoW to weaken phisical mon and Volt Switch to create an eventual core Volturn with landorus. Hydro Pump as STAB and Pain Split to recover PS and annoying. Spread is thought to be faster but I dont remember why I put 72 in Spe, anyway it is pretty functional.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Classical Tran Calm Setter, with EPower for coverage and toxic+protect to predict and for leftovers and poison. Doubts about spread, especially Spe, perhaps I must put 36 to be faster 80 base Spe, or to change it in a SPecial sweeper spread, for example 252 SAtk 252 Spe Timid...I dont know. Anyway is very good to do FGW Core with rotom/keldeo and ferro.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

A great Scarfkiller. Classical spread ti work well with Rotom in Volturn with UTurn, very useful to hit hardly latwins, as Knock off as because it is very useful vs stall and again latwins, better than explosion or Superpower. EQ and SE to coverage. Than I can use Lando to elude Electric damage on keldeo and rotom thanks to its very good types. At the end because of scarf I must withdraw lando, so I take advantage of Intimidate to low enemy Atk.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Classical Keldeo with classical nature and spread, its the first time i play it and I Ask to me if it would be better to use scarf , Specs , CM or SubCM...they are all interesting set but I must choose the more indicated for my team. Than I choose Hp Electric to counter MSlowbro, but I thought also to Hp grass (?) against MSwampert, but it is only an unhealthy idea maybe...

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- SR

My loyal Thorn in my first builded team, it's useful to support and setter. Leech Seed and protect work very good. Its spread is classic,but i've doubts about set...Perhaps I must put Spikes > protect, even if protect is useful to predict or in combo with Leech seed. Originally SR was on Heatran and Thorn Had power ship > SR, than I thought to trade the move ^^

I hope to read your ratings, thanks a lot guys ^^

Last edited:
1. I would suggest Starmie over Rotom-Wash as it synergizes better with your team and it provides you with a rapid spinner. I am going to suggest the standard reflect type as it allows you not to get pursuit trapped and if you use it strategically it can help your team greatly.

2. While I am on the topic of hazards this is a more of a preference suggestion but maybe you can try Rocks on Heatran and Spikes on Ferrothorn to help your Pokemon get easier K.O.s and you don't get rid of them because starmie is a rapid spinner and not a defogger.

3. I suggest making your Heatran a standard spread with 40 speed evs.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Hi Oblerius, having hammer arm on Metagross sorta goes against your moveset, as it lowers your speed per hit. I suggest changing hammer arm for earthquake, that way you don't lose any speed from your agility, and you are able to hit a wider variety of pokemon. Since heatran and magnezone are things you are trying to hit with megagross, earthquake would suit it better.

Thanks for your answers! So some questions:
-agilitygross is better than jolly/ naive with GK?
-starmie is more useful than rotom pivot? I though about tentacruel but maybe is Less better than starmie, no?
-heatran and ferro are good setter, but i though Also to mon as clafable unaware cleric and cheesenaught spikes. These could be useful in this team in your opinion?

Pent

dumb broad
Just saying, but you can only bump a thread once, or it will get deleted/locked.
But other than that, interesting team. But I would run a more standard set of Mega Metagross than the one you're running now, since his mega gets 350 max speed which will outspeed quite a few things.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body - Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch/Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt

This is the more standard set, but it's standard for a reason, it really just gets the job done. You are rather weak to Keldeo, and Rotom-Wash is really the only one to take a hit from it. I would suggest Talonflame over Landorus-Therian since no one runs a Lando-T with a flying move. Here's a set you could run for Talonflame.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

But if you have Talonflame, it's a must to run Starmie, but as Shadow_Sneak said,
1. I would suggest Starmie over Rotom-Wash as it synergizes better with your team and it provides you with a rapid spinner. I am going to suggest the standard reflect type as it allows you not to get pursuit trapped and if you use it strategically it can help your team greatly.

2. While I am on the topic of hazards this is a more of a preference suggestion but maybe you can try Rocks on Heatran and Spikes on Ferrothorn to help your Pokemon get easier K.O.s and you don't get rid of them because starmie is a rapid spinner and not a defogger.

3. I suggest making your Heatran a standard spread with 40 speed evs.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
That's should be the Starmie set you use, it would help you out in the long run.

Hope it helps.

So this is the final version of my team until this moment:

1)

EVs: 166 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Jolly Nature
- Agility Bullet Punch
- Meteor smash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm (or EQ?)

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

2)

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

3)

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earth Power Stealth rock

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

4)

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

5)

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

6)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Other fixes? Agilitygross so is not adviced? And starmie is so better than rotom? Let me know ^^

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This team looks pretty good at a first glance, however a few things can give you trouble. Calm Mind Mega-Slowbro can set up on almost anything on your team and sweep. Calm Mind Suicune also looks very though to deal with. The only way you can really deal with this is by replacing something on your team. I would replace Heatran with Unaware Clefable. MMetagross already handles MVenu and Clefable fine so I don't think you need Heatran that much, besides, you already have 2 Steel types. Yes, it does give you a rock setter, but Ferrothorn can do this too (if you do remove Heatran, change spikes on Ferro to Stealth Rocks). Clefable not only provides a solid counter to CM Slowbro, it also enables you to actually switch into (as opposed to check which is what Talonflame does) Mega-Gallade who is a big threat and provides a much more consistent answer to Mega-Sableye who also looks extremely annoying for your team to deal with. It also provides you with a wishpasser for Metagross, Lando-T and Keldeo. Oh, and it can also set rocks up too which is nice. One thing Heatran does do for you is give you a Mega-Manectric counter, but I'll get to that later.

If you decide to run Clefable, you do become weaker to Charizard-X however (though it is known to run EQ so Heatran isn't a great counter). Talonflame does revenge kill it, but without a Choice Band it can't deal too much damage to bulkier variants unfortunately. You are also very weak to Mega-Manectric : it can switch in on most of your team, freely spam Volt Switch to wear down Heatran, your only swtchin, and everything else just get outsped and 2HKO'd. Clefable deals with it well but what you really need is something to stop it from Volt Switching all over the place. Ultimately, I don't really think you need Talonflame since you are already covered against Sableye and most of what Talonflame checks already. I would consider going back to Scarf Landorus-T over Talonflame, it gives you a better check to Charizard-X and an Electric immunity and gives you a nice pivot too. It also acts as a check to Mega-Pinsir which you are quite weak to and which was one of the main things Talon did for your team (once again, Talon couldn't switch in very well while Lando-T can). That being said, Talonflame does do one thing slightly better than Landorus-T and that is check YZard. Fire Blast still does a ton (up to 84%), but you still check it okay, while Landorus-T can only revenge kill it. Running both Clefable and Landorus-T makes you more vulnerable to YZard overral. One way to deal with this would be running Latias over Starmie, the difference between the two as hazard-removers is rather minor (Starmie I guess doesn't remove your own hazards but on the flipside it gets spinblocked by Sableye) and while Starmie is more reliable, Latias packs much more firepower, and more importantly, actually switches into YZard. Since you run Ferrothorn, you're probably going to give a good number of free switches into YZard, you need something that can switch into it repeatedly, so Latias with Roost would make sense over Latios. That being said, Talonflame did cover one thing quite well and that's Mew. Without Talonflame, I'd imagine Mew being pretty annoying to deal with, however, it can be played around. If Mew becomes a problem I would keep Talonflame, it's all up to you.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish / Moonlight
- Protect / calm Mind
- Stealth Rock / Flamethrower / Heal Bell / Calm Mind

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Superpower (if Ferrothorn becomes annoying)
- Stone Edge

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Psyshock / HP Fire (one again, for Ferro, but you lose out on reliably taking out YZard)

Hope I helped!

Thanks for your rate Albacore ^^ Anyway two important problems are CharY and ferro...you say that psyshock on latias is useful to counter CharY but I need also Hp fire or others moves Vs Thorn, so I thought Scarflando is the better choice against CharY thank to StoneEdge, while to thorn i could put Hp fight or fire on latias or Superpower on lando...so the options are: Hpfight/fire on latias and knock off on lando, or superpower on lando and psyshock on latias. What do you advice definitely?

And other two things: EQ or hammer punch on metagross ? And about clefable I'd rather to complete cleric set with heal bell (252 Hp, 232 Def and 24 SDef) and use only SR on ferrothorn. Do you agree? :)

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh sorry forgot about this. I don't think you really need HP Fire on Latias that much just as long as Metagross runs Hammer Arm which enables it to hit Ferrothorn. You don't need Superpower on Lando-T that much, and to be honestly it doesn't hurt Ferrothorn that much but if you don't think you need Knock Off you can run it. 4th move on Clefable is completely up to you, if Ferrothorn becomes annoying I would definitely run Flamethrower though

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
So this is the final version of my team until this moment:

1)

EVs: 166 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Jolly Nature
- Agility Bullet Punch
- Meteor smash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm (or EQ?)

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

2)

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

3)

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earth Power Stealth rock

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

4)

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Flare Blitz

5)

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

6)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Spikes

Other fixes? Agilitygross so is not adviced? And starmie is so better than rotom? Let me know ^^
Okay, I am here as requested :) I suppose it is the team above I am rating (there is an edit button which lets you update your original post, use that next time), so here goes. First off, I think using Talonflame over Landorus-T causes way more problems to your team than it actually solves. First off, while it revengekills Keldeo, you sacfrifice a lot of momentum, as you /have/ to run hazard control alongside it. You also gain a heafty weakness to Mega Gallade and Mega Lopunny, both of which are pretty common in the current metagame. Thus, I'd suggest you go back to using Scarf Landorus-T in the spot where you currently have Talonflame. Now having Talonflame now means that you don't have to use Starmie to get rid of entry hazards. As your team is really weak to Stall, with CM Sableye and Slowbro being common, I think running CM Clefable would be fitting. This lets you have a great win-condition against bulkier teams, as well as having a great switch-in to Sableye and Slowbro. If you don't really care to take on Stall that much, running Unaware is an option, which lets you counter Sableye and Slwobro no matter how many boosts they have accumulated. Having done these changes, your team structure looks fine. I'm just going to suggest some personal preferences at the end here, which I think would improve your team even more. In order for Ferrothorn to check Mega Sharpedo and Crunch Mega Gyarados, you need 136 EV's in Defense. I would also suggest running Stealth Rock over Spikes, which frees up a lot on Heatran. What I would advise, is running the Magma Storm set. This lets Heatran really pressure Stall teams, who usually don't have a lot to switch into Heatran. That was all I had, really, hope I helped :)

EVs: 252 Atk / 12 Def / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Stored Power / Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Magma Storm deals decent damage and also traps an opponent giving you a perfect opportunity to switch something in and pick it off while it's stuck. It's a decent stall-breaker in letting you remove that annoying wall an opponent has over you.
That's sort of an odd comparison since they both carry off different sets entirely. CM Clef I can vouch for as being the destroyer of words, but her potency's been somewhat hindered in OR/AS since Megagross, Mega Beedrill, and Gunk Shot Gren exist so she may not be as effective now, but still bloody good. Can't say for the cleric though, I've never used that set unfortunately.

Gotta be honest, your thread etiquette could use some work. Saying "So?" every post isn't any different to Bumping with "Up", and it's just creating noise that'll put people off the thread.
If people are replying, it's probably because there isn't much conviction in what you're asking, and it sounds like you need to do a little more testing on your own to reassert your opinion. Try listing *why* are you are suggesting particular builds, not just the plain ol' numbers.

</minimod> Right, anyway. The Landorus spread you suggested will outspeed Jolly Meedrill after the Scarf, which really comes down to personal preference. If that's a suitable target for you, then go for it, but the standard 232 gets the Speed jump on an assortment of other +1 Pokémon. From memory, +1 Dragonite, +1 Adamant Mega Charizard X, and Scarf Excadrill and Heracross (Is that still a thing? I need to get out more.) are all outsped, which is pretty useful.

With regard to mega Metagross, I'm a little surprised you find that speed unsatisfactory. Max Speed, aside from getting the tie with tons of stuff (Base 110 is very in vogue...) allows you to outspeed Mega Pinsir, Garchomp, Infernape and Keldeo amongst quite a few others. Given that each of these can do all sorts of bad things to MMeta, I think max Speed is important for an all-out attacker.
What was that 176 trying to accomplish, anyway? Beating Base 100s?

Your team though; time for you to be the judge!

For other ratings last version of team is:

@Metagrossite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor smash
- Zen Headbutt
- EQ

Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower

Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Leftovers
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

I'm not very sure about Clefable...Often I'd rather to have a chansey to wall special attacks and to use Heal bell , but perhaps I am not too much good with this pokemon :P

This the last version of team:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice punch
- Iron Head
- Grass Knot

I prefer GK to defeat MSwampert, MBro e Crocune that give me some problems, and Hasty>Naive because of those are special setupper ^^
An other idea was to use Agilitygross with 28 Spe/ 252 Atk / 228 HP Naughty (Gknot,IronH, Zen Hb and Agility). What do you advice?

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Superpower/knock off

No changes in lando set. Initially I though to give it Superpower vs thorn and zor, but if I give Hp fire to latias maybe I could put Knock off (?)

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Standard set anti-stat and CM

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Ship
- Protect

I'd rather Powership to Gyroball because it's more useful but I dont know exactly...what do you say?

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 192 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hp Fire
- Healing Wish

My team is not very weak to rocks, so I thought to remove Defog to introduce hp fire vs thorn and zor ---> knock off on lando (?)

Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Standard set. Hp electric is useful vs azumarill, crocune, bro and gyarados ^^

So...what do you think?

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What do I think ?
Well I think that this RMT has been living way longer than it should, you can consider yourself very lucky since I only notice it now.
I'm closing it. You broke enough rules already, and your constant bumping clutters this sub forum.

Let this post be a reminder, you're NOT alone on these forums. I know you're looking for help, but so are the others. If your RMT doesn't receive attention, then ask yourself is that was really a good idea to post it. There are PS! & IRC servers where you can contact players in real time to ask them about your teams and stuff.
So please, try to use the help you can find on PS!/IRC first, and then, when you think that you got something good, share it with us in the RMT forums.

Have a nice day.

PS: Don't think about posting a new RMT in the near future, I'll be looking carefully.
PS²: NEVER post in your RMT a "new version of the team" like the post above, it's simply awful and it always confuses the raters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)