Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is building a team around CharzardY and venusaur in the current meta? Would slowbro be a solid trio for a fwg core?

Tentatively I'm kinda thinking of making my team with this general outline.
Special sweeper- CharY
physical sweeper- Dragonite
Sun team benefitter, mix between o and d- venusaur
Physical wall- slowbro
defog/stealth rocks/will o wisp- mew

Not sure who my last spot would go to, tentatively consisting clefable unless there is a better option or a pokemon I have to try and check.
If you are determined to use Venusaur as a sweeper then you absolutely need a Talonflame check. Heatran is the first who comes to mind as it benefits from the sun but Rotom-W comes to mind as well as having two fire pokemon may feel redundant and Rotom-W can also offer much utility in volt switch and thunder wave. Just my two cents.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
If you are determined to use Venusaur as a sweeper then you absolutely need a Talonflame check. Heatran is the first who comes to mind as it benefits from the sun but Rotom-W comes to mind as well as having two fire pokemon may feel redundant and Rotom-W can also offer much utility in volt switch and thunder wave. Just my two cents.
Tyranitar also deals with talonflame pretty well and the sand helps to reset charY's sun

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Is building a team around CharzardY and venusaur in the current meta? Would slowbro be a solid trio for a fwg core?

Tentatively I'm kinda thinking of making my team with this general outline.
Special sweeper- CharY
physical sweeper- Dragonite
Sun team benefitter, mix between o and d- venusaur
Physical wall- slowbro
defog/stealth rocks/will o wisp- mew

Not sure who my last spot would go to, tentatively consisting clefable unless there is a better option or a pokemon I have to try and check.
Because of limitation to 5 turns of Sun your weather abuser should take full advantage of those few turns so give venusaur a fully offensive LO growth+3 attacks set.
He already has slowbro that walls the shit out of talon

What's currently the best EV spread for an Impish Mega Altaria? I've seen a few floating around and I'm not entirely sure which is best (I'm not the best at number crunching).

Before i can test out my team for a rmt post, i am looking for a 6th member for it and i am scratching my brain for the 6th member

I was looking for soem advice

team is biased around a the lati twins and is as follows

latias- bulky defogger
latios- choice scarf
Raikou -assault vest
Azumaril -Choice Band
Metagross-mega -all out attacker

silver97

Before i can test out my team for a rmt post, i am looking for a 6th member for it and i am scratching my brain for the 6th member

I was looking for soem advice

team is biased around a the lati twins and is as follows

latias- bulky defogger
latios- choice scarf
Raikou -assault vest
Azumaril -Choice Band
Metagross-mega -all out attacker
I suggest you to run rock polish+3 attacks on metagross so it acts as your win condition. For the last slot you need a rock setter, lando-T basically fits every team so i suggest using it

I plan to use Crunch Mega Gyarados to ladder. Should I run Sub-DD or Taunt-DD Mega-Gyara? And what EV Spread should I be running? Standard 252 Atk and 252 Speed?

I plan to use Crunch Mega Gyarados to ladder. Should I run Sub-DD or Taunt-DD Mega-Gyara? And what EV Spread should I be running? Standard 252 Atk and 252 Speed?
Taunt is generally better because you can stallbreak things like ferrothorn or whatever and set up on them freely and with moldbreaker you can taunt magic bounce users. Also for the spread, I use 8hp, 252 attack, 248 speed but with jolly, simply because after one dragon dance you can outspeed mega beedrill and mega sceptile, but it's all up to what you need. I just hate bloody beedrill. Go with 252 att, 252 speed adamant if you aren't worried about those two.

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Taunt is generally better because you can stallbreak things like ferrothorn or whatever and set up on them freely and with moldbreaker you can taunt magic bounce users. Also for the spread, I use 8hp, 252 attack, 248 speed but with jolly, simply because after one dragon dance you can outspeed mega beedrill and mega sceptile, but it's all up to what you need. I just hate bloody beedrill. Go with 252 att, 252 speed adamant if you aren't worried about those two.
Mold Breaker only works if the opposing ability is nulifying or weakening Gyarados attacking moves.

silver97

Actually moldbreaker taunt can bypass magic bounce, sub is more helpful to setup more easily but taunt has this niche of stopping cminders that are very popular atm

What is the EV spread for an adamant choice scarf landorus to outspeed max speed greninja? I'm trying to speed creep, unforunantly on showdown it doesn't show the stat with a scarf.. likewise if I tried something similar with the damage calculator it doesn't show with band.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What is the EV spread for an adamant choice scarf landorus to outspeed max speed greninja? I'm trying to speed creep, unforunantly on showdown it doesn't show the stat with a scarf.. likewise if I tried something similar with the damage calculator it doesn't show with band.
Adamant choice scarf landorus t is not good, because you need jolly to outspeed mega charizard X after a dragon dance.

Why Greninja only? Wouldn't you want to be able to speed creep on Mega Manectric as well and D-Dancers?

edit: gre-ninja'd

ATM greninja is pretty much the only thing I'm having difficulty with. I mostly just want to invest for him without a power drop or bulk decrease. Zard and manectric aren't my primary concern as I have alot of other means of dealing with them.

Does 136 EVs sound about right?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ATM greninja is pretty much the only thing I'm having difficulty with. I mostly just want to invest for him without a power drop or bulk decrease. Zard and manectric aren't my primary concern as I have alot of other means of dealing with them.

Does 136 EVs sound about right?
No, I'm serious. Adamant scarf lando-t is bad, just use jolly. There is no reason to give up that crucial speed.

Alright I'll give jolly a try then.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Correct?

To avoid 2HKO's after SR

-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 166-196 (52 - 61.4%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Lopunny Return vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 135-159 (42.3 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Landorus-T: 145-172 (45.4 - 53.9%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(Yeah two of them got ice punch but assuming I make the best predictions.. I can't do anything anyway)

Want to be able to switch into things and revenge kill them with lando.

I'll give the 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe a try then. I can always adjust the spread.

silver97

Want to be able to switch into things and revenge kill them with lando.
It's not that a single mon can do everything at the same time. If you want a revenge killer scarf lando is one of the best out there, if you want an offensive/defensive (depending in spread) bulky pivot then fat lando is there for you. Just don't make some mixes of these two that end up not being able any of the roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)