XY OU Houndoom team

Alright I'm new here so first things first. Hi I'm TheHoundofDoom, once they change my name, and I hope I have a great time with you guys and also to kill all of you in battle. Now I love battling. I try making very different sets and see if they work. So far I have 2 sets that worked great and I want to share one of them to you.

So first off

Galvantula:

Nature: Timid
Ability: Compound Eyes
Item:Focus sash
Ev spread: 252 spatt, 252 spe, 4 defense
Moves:
-Thunder
-Signal beam
-Sticky Web
-Energy ball
Like all teams we need a setup and that's what Galvantula is here for. First pokemon to bring out to sticky Web on them, then thunder instead of thunderbolt because of compound eyes, signal beam because if bug buzz doesn't kill in 1 shot then atleast confuse them, and energy ball for those rotom washing machines. Very fast takes care of the job as a support.
Chansey:

Nature: Bold
Ability:Serene grace
Item: Eviolite
Ev spread: 252 hp, 252 def, 4 spdef
Moves:
-Soft-boiled
-Toxic
-Seismic toss
-Aromatherapy
This thing is such a TANK. Because it already has great spdef I decided to put 252 on def. With its move set I toxic anything that comes by, then try weakening it some more with Seismic toss, and whenever my chansey is low on hp I piss the guy off by recovering half my hp using soft boiler. Here's the best part, I can heal the statuses of all my pokemon, including chansey, using aromatherapy.
Scizor:

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
Item: Life orb
Ev spread: 252 att, 252 spdef, 4 def
Moves:
-Swords dance
-Bullet punch
-Aerial ace (thinking of replacing with roost)
-Pursuit
This guy is my life support because most of my pokes are weak to fairy so a life orb boosted bullet punch to the face and bam their dead. Just incase I'm not sure that a move will kill I just swords dance and now it will kill. Pursuit is their just incase they realize they are going to die and will die anyway once they switch in, and finally I'm still wondering whether or not my scizor will have roost or aerial ace that's up to you to decide.

Scrafty:

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Moxie
Item: Leftovers
Ev spread: 252 att, 252 spd, 4 def
Moves:
-Dragon dance
-Drain punch
-Crunch
-Ice punch
Ah scrafty, just use 1 dragon dance and boost your attack and speed and they are done for. Incase I need to take out a dark or ice type and need to heal BAM drain punch, or maybe I need to kill a ghost but none of my moves won't hit it BAM crunch. And let's not forget a very common threat for scrafty BAM ice punch, and doing all this will get scrafty stronger and stronger with moxie. Nuff said.

Dragonite:

Nature: Jolly
Ability: Multiscale
Item: Weakness policy
Ev spread: 252 hp, 252 att, 4 spd
Moves:
-Dragon dance
-Extreme speed
-Dragon claw
-Fire punch
Now this is a Dragonite that wants fairies to hit it because not only it will only do a good 3 damage, but that weakness policy will raise it's attack by two stages and during the same turn I dragon dance on em. Dragon claw is used for stab, while fire punch is used for ice types that would normally kill it in a hit after multiscale. And finally extreme speed for revenge kill and just in case I'm not sure if the enemy is faster than me.

AND LAST BUT NO LEAST. THE MOMENT YOU ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

MEGA HOUNDOOM:

Nature: Timid
Ability before mega: Flash firemail
Ability after mega: Solar power but I don't use it anyway
Item: Houndoomnite
Ev spread: 252 spatt, 252 spd, 4 hp
Moves:
-Nasty plot. Very nasty
-Flamethrower
-Dark pulse
-Sludge bomb
Here it is my favorite pokemon of ALL TIME, currently, houndoom. I would usually use this to switch on a pokemon about to use a fire type move for flash fire on regular houndoom, then they try to switch or keep going. I then mega evolve, nasty plot for 2 plus sp attack, then it's curtains for them. For anything grass ice, or not weak to dark or poison, flamethrower kill them with stab flash fire boost or no flash fire boost. Dark pulse for ghost and physic types also stab. And finally sludge bomb to deal with those pesky fairy types. Man she will destroy you all!

And that's it. My favorite team. Now what do you think about it? Please let me know it's strengths and weaknesses and maybe I'll make a few changes.

And before I go there's something else about this team. 3 out of the 6 pokemon in this team are shiny. Try to guess which ones which.

PEACE!

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Ugh. Please read the rules before making a RMT on here. You need at least 3-4 brief sentences before making a post.

Pent

dumb broad
Very, now I can rate your team properly.
Interesting team, but you are lacking some control. I recommend Roost/Defog > Aerial Ace, since Scizor isn't part flying.
Roost and Defog can also be used since you're running a Bulky set along with Life Orb. This is the set that I usually use.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Roost
- Defog

It helps with your QC and getting rid of hazards. Which is crucial to your team, since you have a Fire type as your main, and a Sashed lead. But with Galvantula, always run Bug Buzz, because with Signal Beam, you only have a 10% chance to confuse the Pokemon.
I recommend Leftovers on Chansey for extra recovery, but, that is solely based on your decision. I recommend Sash to Leftovers on Scrafty so you can get one DD up, or possibly run Substitute over Ice Punch so Leftovers actually matters.

Hope it helps.

Hey nice team!!!! I would recommend changing chanseys serene have to natural cure because there is no move that takes advantage of serene grace. Also Bug Buzz > signal beam on gavalantula. Change the 4 HP EVs to Def to switch into rocks more than 3 times. Defog is a must for your team otherwise dragonites multiscale is useless. And it makes no sense crippling your main sweeper. Aerial ace servers no purpose other than receiving a technician boost. Swap it for defog and change leftovers on scrafty to focus sash.

Hope I helped glhf battling

Pent

dumb broad
Hey nice team!!!! I would recommend changing chanseys serene have to natural cure because there is no move that takes advantage of serene grace. Also Bug Buzz > signal beam on gavalantula. Change the 4 HP EVs to Def to switch into rocks more than 3 times. Defog is a must for your team otherwise dragonites multiscale is useless. And it makes no sense crippling your main sweeper. Aerial ace servers no purpose other than receiving a technician boost. Swap it for defog and change leftovers on scrafty to focus sash.

Hope I helped glhf battling
Did you just remake my post?
Because it looked like you copy and pasted it, then made it worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)