Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to catch my AS rayquaza that is PERFECT in as many ways as possible and I know it's going to be as hard/harder than it is to catch a perfect Xerneas or Yveltal in X&Y. But for a possible future competitive Rayquaza what specific pokemon team am I going to need in order to make sure it has as many perfect ivs and the right nature as possible?

Also sorry if this is in the wrong question forum I haven't been on Smogon in months.
There's no real way to influence IVs. All you can really do in this case is bring a Synchronizer for the right nature.

There's no real way to influence IVs. All you can really do in this case is bring a Synchronizer for the right nature.
I know there was something about having a pokemon with a similar/exact same HP stat at the targets optimal HP iv using pain split or something that you had to use when catching a perfect Xerneas/death bird.

I have a question: if i have only 1 3DS i will be able to trade my pokes from X to ORAS or i will have to ask someone to help me with that? And one more thing is someone can trade me a diancie to my X version? I dont have any intrest with her i just need to trade it to oras so i will hace diancite

I know there was something about having a pokemon with a similar/exact same HP stat at the targets optimal HP iv using pain split or something that you had to use when catching a perfect Xerneas/death bird.
That was only for checking the health stat. It's not a trick you can use to influence the IV in any way.

I have a question: if i have only 1 3DS i will be able to trade my pokes from X to ORAS or i will have to ask someone to help me with that? And one more thing is someone can trade me a diancie to my X version? I dont have any intrest with her i just need to trade it to oras so i will hace diancite
The only way to "trade" with one 3DS would be by using Pokemon Bank

You can bring a pokemon with a max HP one less than the max HP of the target pokemon (if it has a 31 IV in HP) and use Endeavor (before anything changes either pokemon's HP). If Endeavor has an effect, the pokemon has a max HP IV. If it fails, the pokemon does not. You can use this to identify the HP IV during battle.

You can also bring a pokemon with a speed stat one less than that of the target pokemon (if it has a 31 IV in speed) and move at the same priority. If the target moves first, it has a 31 IV (or maybe a 30 IV), but if you move first it has a smaller IV.

You can bring a pokemon with a max HP one less than the max HP of the target pokemon (if it has a 31 IV in HP) and use Endeavor (before anything changes either pokemon's HP). If Endeavor has an effect, the pokemon has a max HP IV. If it fails, the pokemon does not. You can use this to identify the HP IV during battle.

You can also bring a pokemon with a speed stat one less than that of the target pokemon (if it has a 31 IV in speed) and move at the same priority. If the target moves first, it has a 31 IV (or maybe a 30 IV), but if you move first it has a smaller IV.
Aw hell now what about checking for the right nature (I have no clue what the right nature is for competitive use) or should I just rely on the kod synchronizer for that? And thank you for the help.

Don't know if this is the right thread but:
Will Prankster still kick in the turn when Sableye mega evolves?
In other words, will Sableye still be able to move first and cast a will-o-wisp against a faster opponent if it mega evolves on the same turn? (given the change in the ability, I guess not but I just want to confirm)

Don't know if this is the right thread but:
Will Prankster still kick in the turn when Sableye mega evolves?
In other words, will Sableye still be able to move first and cast a will-o-wisp against a faster opponent if it mega evolves on the same turn? (given the change in the ability, I guess not but I just want to confirm)
Yes, Prankster does work on the first turn

Aw hell now what about checking for the right nature (I have no clue what the right nature is for competitive use) or should I just rely on the kod synchronizer for that? And thank you for the help.
Have your synchronizer faint. If they're fainted and in the first slot, they still influence the legend's nature - this way you can have your speed/HP checker in the second slot out first.

With Cosplay Pikachu, should i be aiming for perfect ivs in att, sp att and speed and is there any nature other than hasty worthwhile?

If you use Skill Swap between a Pokemon with Desolate Land and Primordial Sea, what happens?

EDIT: narrowed down the question to the behavior needed

Last edited:
I have a problem with my X version.
I want to get online to battle people but it told me that i need to update the system and i went to notefications and there are only games updates what can i do?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a problem with my X version.
I want to get online to battle people but it told me that i need to update the system and i went to notefications and there are only games updates what can i do?
Go to system setting on your 3ds and chose System Update. Also make sure you're running the latest version of Pokemon X (v1.3) which is found by going into Pokemon X Version in the eShop and finding the update there

Is there a good spot for farming money in ORAS? I haven't completed the post game to catch rayquaza for perfect ivs etc, so I can't just kill the E4 over and over for money or XP (WHICH IS REALLY STUPID GF) so I'm sort of out of places to get money from.

I'm in Australia and the Diancie event just ended yesterday. How else can I get it to complete the Pokedex?
You don't need Diancie, or any other 'mythical' Pokemon, to 'complete' the national Dex and get the shiny charm. If you still want it, you can trade for it or an Australian Diancie serial code in the Simple Questions and Requests thread in the WiFi forum of this very site.

Hi I'm new here and hope I am posting in the right place unless I misread something.

I want to become competitive and breed the best Pokemon ect, I'm 1 badge away from having them all but my perfectionist personality has had me stop everything and continual breed Pokemon to have for the best nature ect. Does anyone else have an issue like this? lol, being perfect is stopping me from completing game.

I have a Sassy Diancie that I want to be the best it can be, I'd also be willing to trade one for the best nature for it ect since this site doesn't recommend sassy. Unless I can't trade, what should I do about its EVs and movesets

Last edited:
Hi I'm new here and hope I am posting in the right place unless I misread something.

I want to become competitive and breed the best Pokemon ect, I'm 1 badge away from having them all but my perfectionist personality has had me stop everything and continual breed Pokemon to have for the best nature ect. Does anyone else have an issue like this? lol, being perfect is stopping me from completing game.

I have a Sassy Diancie that I want to be the best it can be, I'd also be willing to trade one for the best nature for it ect since this site doesn't recommend sassy. Unless I can't trade, what should I do about its EVs and movesets
But how can you tell if they have the best IV's possible without access to the IV judge? IV's mean practically everything for competitive play in addition to the right nature and moves. Most would just wait until post-game to worry about the competitive side, aside from certain legendary Pokemon that the story forces you to catch. You're better off asking about this in the Simple Requests thread over in the WiFi forums, as Orange Islands is about the casual in-game stuff rather than the competitive play.

But how can you tell if they have the best IV's possible without access to the IV judge? IV's mean practically everything for competitive play in addition to the right nature and moves. Most would just wait until post-game to worry about the competitive side, aside from certain legendary Pokemon that the story forces you to catch. You're better off asking about this in the Simple Requests thread over in the WiFi forums, as Orange Islands is about the casual in-game stuff rather than the competitive play.
Can you help me with my Diancie or not?

Is there a good spot for farming money in ORAS? I haven't completed the post game to catch rayquaza for perfect ivs etc, so I can't just kill the E4 over and over for money or XP (WHICH IS REALLY STUPID GF) so I'm sort of out of places to get money from.
Fastest way to build cash seems to be Rich Boy Winston (Route 104-S) with the Amulet Coin and Prize Money O-Power. He tops out at a L29 Linoone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)