Data Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (6th Gen ASB Version)

Hey guys,

I have a question today; so If a pokemon which is under the effects of endure, has been damaged by a Damaging & Healing move like Drain Punch, Giga Drain, etc... The NDA states that full damage is to be accounted for.
NDA on Endure said:
All effects that are based on the damage an enemy deals (ex. Bide, Iron Barbs) to the user act as though the opponent did full damage, even if Endure negated some of the damage.
So, does that mean that the healing is also based on full damage? I am 80% sure on this one.
Please confirm though.

If a pokemon is at +6 in a stat and an ability that increases both the stat and the stat rank to which it decays by 1 (i.e. a Lucario uses Swords Dance 3 times and then is hit by a dark-type move, activating Justified), what happens?

Mulan15262, in that case Lucario would have +6 Atk if the stat boosts are locked for the following round and would decay in the round after that, until it has +1 Atk. Further to that the Atk boost would not decay.

For example: Lucario vs Liepard

Round 1:
Lucario: Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance ~ Swords Dance
Liepard: Dark Pulse ~ Dark Pulse ~ Dark Pulse

Lucario would have +6 Atk boost at the end of the round 1 which would decay at the end of round 2 to +5 and would decay at the end of round 3 to +4 and would further decay at the end of round 4 to +3. It would stay at +3 till Lucario is switched out or the battle ends. This scenario would hold true if Lucario has not boosted his/her attack in the following rounds after round 1.

Though I would feel sorry for that Liepard!

I haven't joined ASB yet- I don't have a profile or anything (although it looks interesting, and I'm considering joining over thanksgiving break), I'd just like to ask a question about where to find more information about the rules. I've already read the beginner's guide, but there are some things I'm sure are important which I'm not quite sure about. For example, I see references to purchasing pokemon quite often, but I'm not quite sure how to find out how much each pokemon costs. Also, how many pokemon am I allowed to start out with on my profile? Only one, or more?

I greatly appreciate any answers to these basic questions which show I'm a complete newbie. I would also appreciate any links to information about ASB other then the Beginner's Guide which I could study.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
What happens when a Pokemon with a partially eaten berry uses Thief? Does it steal the foe's item?

Mowtom

I would assume that the partially eaten berry is stolen, and now the user has a partially eaten berry (assuming it began with no item).
No, the USER has a partially eaten berry to start with, and the foe has a normal item.

Guys, there is a question that comes up sometimes. Do suspended D/E moves hit at 0 priority or the corresponding priority mentioned in the NDA...

I have confirmation from IRC discussions and I have seen battles in which Suspended D/E moves hit at 0 priority. But since it is not mentioned/codified anywhere folks have a difficult time believing that it is true. As we have an unsaid rule of "If it is not mentioned explicitly, then go by what the NDA says." or "The NDA is always right."

But I know updating for each and every D/E move is redundant. So, I request the mods to please mention it in the handbook for future reference? I know there are lot of important stuffs to edit into the handbook, so may be this could be included as one?

Cheers ^_^

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Confirming that D/E Suspension forces the move to strike at 0 Prio, because otherwise it'd be broke as fuck.

If a Pokemon faints at the start of the round, can the other Pokemon use chills for the remaining actions?
Yes, for the remainder of that singular action. Once the opponent faints, round ends that action. Of course, if they are asleep, they can't chill.

That's perfectly valid, just be careful, as if the opponent uses say Magic Coat and that substitution is active, then Struggle happens. Unless the new sub rules changed that...

That's perfectly valid, just be careful, as if the opponent uses say Magic Coat and that substitution is active, then Struggle happens. Unless the new sub rules changed that...
A pokemon using Magic Coat does not make your pokemon unable to use Taunt, it would just be redirected to you. Also, if you try doing something that would fail/cause struggle (i.e. status moves while taunted) in a sub, then that sub is ignored.

A pokemon using Magic Coat does not make your pokemon unable to use Taunt, it would just be redirected to you. Also, if you try doing something that would fail/cause struggle (i.e. status moves while taunted) in a sub, then that sub is ignored.
I think he means on the turns after.

Mowtom

Is Future Sight damage blockable? I know it ignores Protect and Endure, but what about Double Team? Substitute? Light Screen (yes I know this is a reduction not a block)? Anything else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)