XY OU Wrath of the Titans

Hello! I've done a few RMT on Serebii when I first found out about competetive battling, but that was more asking which were good and which weren't. This is a true RMT, a team that has been tried and tested against all sorts of people in OU. (I even used it in Ubers once and actually won!). However, recent changes that came with ORAS as well as personal preference have led me to come here and ask you gurus to rate my team, help me out and tell me how much x pokemon sucks.

I have a few rules I go by, both in the main series games and in showdown.

- I don't use legendaries. That's just too cheap and I also feel it conflicts with the lore in the main games.
- I don't use gimmics. I tried a sandstorm team and a trick room once, didn't like it at all.
- I'm using pokemon I like, within reason. I love Sandslash, he's my favorite pokemon, but he sucks. So i don't use him. Likewise, Dragonite is a solid pokemon, but I don't care for him.
- I'm not using any item that forces me into one move. Too many bad experiences with that.

With that all out of the way, here is my team:

#1. Garchomp/Mega Garchomp
Item:
Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVS: 252 Speed, 252+ Attack, 4 HP
Nature: Adamant (+ ATK, - SPA)

Moves:

- Earthquake
Earthquake is G's primary STAB, incredible damage, perfect accuracy, everyone knows and uses it. I rarely go doubles in the main games and never on showdown, so not a big deal for friendly fire.

- Fire Fang
I used to use Flamethrower back when I just looked at the damage values, and assumed SPA meant STAB and normal meant other wise. I was an idiot once. Fire Fang has low base damage but with G's ludicrous attack stat, it deals with Ferrothorn and any other grass type handily.

- Dragon Claw
Okay, so alot of people would/will probably tell me to use Outrage. But outrage locks you in for a few turns and you get confused, fairies are ever abundant, and even then i find the much weaker Dragon Claw a better substitute. I'm willing to swap this out, but not for Outrage. Probably.

- Stone Edge
For some strange reason, people love to switch birds like Talonflame and Staraptor into G. This deals with them handily, with little damage from recoil.

Explanation: Garchomp is my Mega, my main offense. TBH, these days he's more of bait than anything else, lure something in, deal enough damage for a more tanky critter to finish the deal. He's more than capable of sweeping, and he usually takes at least 2-3 with him before he goes down. Rough Skin is a useful trick when switching him in, I don't use a sand team so whatever. Some people say that Garchomp is better standard than mega, and i can kind of see why. I am considering swapping him out, but for now he's here to stay.

---

#2. Donphan
Item:
Expert Belt
Ability:Sturdy
EVS: 252 HP, 252+ Attack, 4 Special Defense
Nature: Adamant

Moves:

- Earthquake
Same as G's essentially, slightly less of a wallop against those not weak to it, but a nasty hit to those who are with the excellent expert belt.

- Seed Bomb
This confuses the hell out of people. They'll switch in to something, expect me to swap out, and then have me bomb 'em, usually draining them enough to nab 'em next time with ice shard. Not many people utilize this move, but I love it. Gives me a bit of coverage I desperately need.

- Ice Shard
A typical move for Donphan, excellent for revenge killing and just dealing some extra damage when you know you're going down. Dragons often forget that D has it, combined with Expert Belt many go down in 2 hits from it.

- Rapid Spin
Pretty much the signature move of Donphan, just for clearing the field if things get too crazy. This rarely comes in handy, but when it does it saves the team.

Explanation: Sturdy is a godsend, lets you get a powerful Earthquake or Seed bomb out, then get a last hit with Ice Shard. Unless your foe has Mold Breaker, also guarantees a Rapid Spin if it's toxic spikes. As you may have gathered, this is an offensive Donphan instead of a spinner or hazard-placer. Most people just don't see it coming, and with expert belt D does just enough to earn him a place. His All-Terrain approach to combat means he's been in nearly ever iteration of my team.

---

#3. Scolipede
Item:
Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
EVS: 252 HP, 252+ Speed, 4 Attack
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SPA)

Moves:

- Toxic Spikes
Unless something that gets STAB comes my way, this is the lead move. Poison types are making a come back, but for the most part they are still quite rare barring Gengar so I don't have to worry about them being cleared to quickly. Superior to normal spikes IMO, maybe equal to Rocks.

- Substitute
Used to run Protect instead to allow me a free turn when a fire or flying type was present, now I just chance it with my high speed and substitute. If i know something out speeds', it's G's turn. This safe haven allows me to heal with black sludge, get out some useful spikes and use my special weapon:

- Baton Pass
These days, the name of the game is speed. Scolipede is already a speed demon, speed boost is more for the team than S. After getting 2.5-4 boost, I switch to either G or Crawdaunt to clean shop. This used to be the godsend for my Weakness Policy Tyrantrum, but he's been replaced since.

- Poison Jab
In the old days, the only non-damaging move my Scolipede possesed was T-Spikes. But now, he's simply for support. But this doesn't meah he has to be defenseless. This move hits decently with decent strength, has flawless accuracy, and has a chance to poison whatever has avoided the spikes.

Explanation: The prime member of this team, my lead and the only one who has been in every iteration. Originally a speedy attacker, S has been reevaluated to be a long-lasting support, giving speed to his slower allies while healing behind substitutes and wearing down foes with poison. Black sludge was chosen over leftovers because I've found that pokemon with that move that switches items are more common, and its a nasty surprise for them. Not much else to say here, he's gonna be around for the ride for a long time.

#4. Quagsire
Item:
Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVS: HP 252, Defense 252+, 4 SPA
Nature: Bold (+Def, - ATK)

Moves:

- Scald
Just under the strength of Earth Power, scald is his primary attacking move due to it's potential to burn foes who haven't been poisoned.

- Earth Power
A very common move for ground type-special attackers, not much else to say here.

- Recover
The bane of any who get to Quagsire. He's the last pokemon I send out, for this reason. Anything not worn down by the powerhouses or poisoned will be facing the undying. His ability to heal quickly with leftovers, combined with this move, combined with stockpile and his amazing defense stat makes anything without a grass type move a goner. I've won dozens of matches just by burning or poisoning the last mon and just waiting it out.

- Stockpile
Once more, even more durability for the solid wall. Q's healing potential makes it one of the only pokemon I will ever consider a true tank. Unaware may ignore enemy stat changes, but it doesn't disregard his own. Having 2.5 DEF and SPD combined with recover, leftovers, and his fabulous stats makes him a force to be reckoned with.

Explanation: I used to use Gastrodon. Found him a bit lacking. Found Quagsire. Loveable salamander of immortality. He has been the sole reason I have won dozens of matches, just slowly wittle at your foes health as you keep on healing. Grass types are a serious weakness to this team, but with a speed bost our next boy takes care of that quite nicely.

#5. Nidoking
Item:
Expert Belt
Ability: Sheer Force
EVS: 252+ SPA, 252 HP, 4 SPD
Nature: Modest (+SPA, -ATK)

Moves:

- Earth Power
While this move is nothing to write home about with Q, N uses this move like a freight train. EP + STAB + Sheer Force+ Expert Belt= Rekd. It looses it's passive ability at the gain of incredible power. Useful on anything that doesn't resist.

- Flamethrower
In a way, this is actually his main move. 90% of the reason I use him is for the ability to clean out things like Ferrothorn who don't expect a poison type to come after them. It hits with ludicrous power and there is not much else to say.

- Sludgewave
Even MORE of a STAB than EP, Sludgewave cleans through fairies like hell on earth. The loss of the ability to poison isn't too bad due to S laying down T-Spikes.

- Ice Beam
The other 10% of why I use N. Dragons are everywhere, and it's always nice to have a move that deals with them. A good move for things that resist his other attacks as well.

Explanation: Everything M-Camerupt should be and more. I consider him to be essentially a Mini-Mega with his Expert Belt, insane damage at the cost of no healing. His stats across the board are fantastic, why he isn't OU is an enigma to me. My main attacker, he's probably going to keep his spot for a good while.

#6. Crawdaunt
Item:
Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVS: 252+ ATK, 252 HP, 4 SPD
Nature: Adamant (+ATK, -SPA)

Moves:

- Aqua Jet
This pokemon is slow. That's just how it is, he needs a good priority move. And so he has one.

- Crabhammer
C's signature move, hits like a freight train against anything that isn't resistant to it. Excellent against irksome Gliscors, Balloon Heatrans and all matter of Talonflames.

- Nightslash
Okay, so there are physical dark moves that hit harder, but the perfect accuraccy and high crit rate make it superior in my eyes.

- Knockoff
The quintessential dark move. Does insane damage to anything with an item (excluding megas) and gets rid of those stupid left overs. 1-Shots just about any frailer mon that doesn't resist.

Explanation: Took over the slot previously filled with a Weakness Policy Tyrantrum. Same idea, S gets speed bosst and switches in with Substitute, C cleans house. Crabhammer hits with ludicrous strength, and Knockoff is so usefull. I could give him an expert belt, but I mainly use him on things he wouldn't neccesarily get a STAB on and he needs the heals.

How it usually goes:

- Send out S
- If safe, lay down spikes first turn. If not, either substitute or switch to G
- If laid down spikes, sub next turn and continue until at 2.5-4 boost
- Depending on danger of enemy mon, either swap into C or possibly G. Maybe even N.
- Wipe around 2-4 mons with sweeper selected.
- Continue battle as normal, if things get down to it, outlast with Q.

What do you think?

Hello! This team seems pretty cool and well-thought out (I like the design!), and I have some minor suggestions:
  • I would replace Night Slash on Crawdaunt with Crunch. You want perfect accuracy dark-type moves, and Crunch is your best option. Although it doesn't come with a nice crit rate, the more power and chance to drop defense can help greatly in terms of using Crunch. Also, I'm not sure why you have Sheer Force, because Crawdaunt doesn't get it. You probably meant to put Adaptability, and along with this I would suggest using Life Orb over Leftovers. Crawdaunt is pretty frail, so the added recovery won't help it as much as stronger power would. Life Orb also lets you secure an OHKO on Charizard-X, Garchomp, and Landorus-T with Crabhammer.
  • On Quagsire, I would suggest running Earthquake over Earth Power. Earthquake can OHKO specially defensive Heatran, whereas Earth Power 2HKO's it. Along with this, I would switch to a Relaxed nature to not hinder the attack stat and replace the 4 SpA EVs with 4 SpD EVs. The EV switch is only to allow Quagsire to possibly survive a special hit.
Otherwise, I don't see anything else that needs to be changed with a quick overview.
Good luck on your team! =)

I'd recommend Toxic over Earth Power on Quagsire. The status would help you break some walls as you have no set-up sweepers. Why not Swords Dance > TSpikes on Scolipede? That might help you out a good bit too. You don't have something like Bisharp to protect your spikes, neither do you have a particularily amazing poison switchin for those that absorb TSpikes. Also, Greninja is pretty much a better Nidoking, consider switching those around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)