Pokémon Sableye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it worth it run a dual stab set?

CM/Recover/DPulse/Shadowball
I mean, Dpulse hits normals, but idk
not really because Dark and Ghost are pretty much redundant offensivly

Dark+Ghost = Walled by Dark, Super effective against Ghost and Psychic, both hit Steel neutral (<- very important)
Dark is usually better because nothing is immun to it. Yes, Fighting Types and Fairies resist it but most Fairies that would wall Dark Pulse can take on Shadow Ball and the only real bulky Fighting Type that could take a boosted Dark Pulse is immun to Shadow Ball (Chesnaut)
You are better of running Psychic on the last slot.

Wouldn't Dazzling Gleam be better than Psychic? It hits fighting and dark, and it's 3 resists are neutral to Meyes other attack
And psychic will leave you almost helpless against darks

Last edited:
So I'm back and ready to use this little fiend once again.

I'm not sure it's been discussed, but what are potential problems for MSableye? I'm planning on using the "Mega Evolve when the time is right" set:

Sableye @ Sableite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Taunt/Foul Play

I'm not sure it's been discussed, but what are potential problems for MSableye? I'm planning on using the "Mega Evolve when the time is right" set:

Sableye @ Sableite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Taunt/Foul Play
Well, Meye doesn't have much attack/spatk, so calm mind would be good, because that set is one of the standard sableye sets

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE

Sableye @ Sableite
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Taunt/Foul Play
Personally if i had to use a set like that i wouldn't Use my mega slot, it is much more effective in its normal form abusing priority recovers and WoWs.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
On the CM set are you guys running dark pulse or shadow ball?
Dark Pulse lets Sableye actually do something to Chansey which it can easily set up on, instead of engaging in pointless PP stall. Shadow Ball hits Fairies harder but really the extra damage hardly ever matters at all, since either Wisp softens them up or Sableye has no chance of winning anyway.

silver97

GUNDELEROS WE DO THE PATTO DI SANGUE
Dark Pulse lets Sableye actually do something to Chansey which it can easily set up on, instead of engaging in pointless PP stall. Shadow Ball hits Fairies harder but really the extra damage hardly ever matters at all, since either Wisp softens them up or Sableye has no chance of winning anyway.
Yes but shadow ball hits more things for neutral damage, especially fighting types.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes but shadow ball hits more things for neutral damage, especially fighting types.
That really doesn't matter when 90% of remotely OU viable Fighting-types are threatened by Wisp can't do jack to Mega Sableye in the first place. The only thing I can think of that's more threatened by Shadow Ball is, uh, Keldeo, which admittedly can hit hard with Hydro Pump, but only if Sableye is at +0 and Hydro Pump actually manages to hit consecutively.

Last edited:
See that what i was thinking in that you already lose to fairies and beat fighting types. Might as well hit chansey and the rare meloetta.

That really doesn't matter when 90% of remotely OU viable Fighting-types are threatened by Wisp can't do jack to Mega Sableye in the first place. The only thing I can think of that's more threatened by Shadow Ball is, uh, Keldeo, which admittedly can hit hard with Hydro Pump, but only if Sableye is at +0 and Hydro Pump actually manages to hit consecutively.
Shadow Ball nearly guarantees a 2HKO on Mega Gardevoir after SR while Dark Pulse doesn't even get close.
Shadow Ball lets Sableye beat Keldeo in three hits after a Calm Mind (or two with like ~10% prior damage). Important to reduce the chances of crits.
Shadow Ball does more damage to all Fairies and Fighting types.
Shadow Ball 2HKOs Medicham.
Shadow Ball has much more useful SP Def drops helping win CM wars.

Dark Pulse only seems to help with not needing to PP stall Chansey, which isn't even a big deal since Sableye will win that and end the engagement at +6 / +6 and full HP.

Is taunt any use on mega sableye? Since now you have access to magic bounce.
I don't really see any reason to use one of the slowest Taunts in the entire game. By the time Mega Sableye taunts, the opponent used its non-damaging move and you wasted a turn.

Is taunt any use on mega sableye? Since now you have access to magic bounce.
It can be handy in Prankster form to prevent physical set up sweepers. Charizard X and Talonflame can't be burned for example. It's also handy in CM wars against Slowbro for example. It's hard to find a slot for it though.

I don't really see any reason to use one of the slowest Taunts in the entire game. By the time Mega Sableye taunts, the opponent used its non-damaging move and you wasted a turn.
Well, it does work if you don't want to Mega Evolve on the first turn, giving you priority Taunt for a single turn, but I don't see any real reason to use it over Will-O-Wisp.

EDIT: Awh, ninja'd

Have people been trying specially defensive sets?

Sableye @ Sablenite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

This set is incredibly difficult to take down, granted it gets a free switch (or leads) against certain physical attackers.

Have people been trying specially defensive sets?

Sableye @ Sablenite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

This set is incredibly difficult to take down, granted it gets a free switch (or leads) against certain physical attackers.
Why's the happiness 0...?

Emo sableye does more damage. He doesn't care for his pokemon because he's a smogoner. #PokemonAreFriends

I see Clefable and occasionally Bronzong/jirachi as partners for Sableye. Anyone got some suggestions for it (right now, I've only worked with Audino and Mslowbro on stall so far).

Emo sableye does more damage. He doesn't care for his pokemon because he's a smogoner. #PokemonAreFriends

I see Clefable and occasionally Bronzong/jirachi as partners for Sableye. Anyone got some suggestions for it (right now, I've only worked with Audino and Mslowbro on stall so far).
Acid Spray Tentacruel, because most people's #1 answer is going to be "ah yes, let me just CM with Clefable to victory."
Then something to take on boosting threats e.g. CM Lando / a random NP Thundurus. Your own Unaware Fable as you said will help vs. most sweepers not named CM Lando / Mega Gyara. I imagine Ice Beam Cress is a good answer to CM Lando.
& then your buttbuddy Drain Punch Chesnaught is a complete stop to Taunt/Sub M-Gyara, who's immensely dangerous to Sableye & Cress & most of stall generally.

EDIT: RDTG Manaphy is becoming hugely popular to dismantle M-Sableye/M-Slowbro stall, too, because it does it so easily. Neither Unaware user wants to take a Scald in the rain, and the most common Mirror Coat user in Alomomo gets wrecked by Energy Ball. Chansey doesn't beat it, just weakens it. You could run some gross trap with Trick Goth but that's literally disgusting. Mirror Coat Tenta actually eats up a +6 anything in rain (barring unlikely psychic) so. . . that's something.

Last edited:
Well I just met a Heatran that used WoW over and over again, and I realized after 2 turns that it was using Magic Bounce to its advantage and raising its SpA with Flash fire..
Be careful

I've had to learn the hard way to never set up Calm Mind against defensive Heatran or basically anything with Scald. I though burns were bad when I was using Mega Venusaur, but for Mega Eye, burns are a nightmare. It's only just barely bulky enough to pull off Calm Mind without leftovers, but add a burn to that equation, and so many things have such an easier time out damaging its recovery and KOing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)