ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

pelagic
is a Contributor Alumnus
What Nature I should choose between Bold or Modest for Lugia?
Bold if you want to use Ice Beam or Aeroblast, Impish if you want to run Dragon Tail. I don't think there is any reason for Lugia to ever be Modest.

Also does anyone know when/if an in-game tier thread for ORAS is going to be started?

There used to be a 'Discuss my Pokemon' thread a few years back, but it was closed when everyone learned RNG and it became a forum for showing off. Reintroducing it wouldn't be a bad idea given all of the keep or toss posts that seem to be everywhere.

I know everyone is tired of seeing this but it seems that SQSR isn't getting me anywhere. Keep or Toss, Timid Latias, 27,29/15/31/31/31/31? I know it's neither perfect nor has HP fire however failure to access rare candies leaves me some doubts.

I got to cosplaychu, and now the first SR saga begins. For obvious reasons I'm aiming one without defense, since Pikachu has none anyway, but I'm questioning if I want perfect HP, for the same reasons. Does it make any difference what's Pikachu's HP, since it'll die to any blow anyways? Or because of its better SpD, it's best to get a 5 iv?

I know everyone is tired of seeing this but it seems that SQSR isn't getting me anywhere. Keep or Toss, Timid Latias, 27,29/15/31/31/31/31? I know it's neither perfect nor has HP fire however failure to access rare candies leaves me some doubts.
If it has 29 in HP, keep it (Life Orb number). Otherwise toss.

So I'm going to pathless plain and nothing's showing up when I try to reach into the porthole (I haven't caught any of the musketeers yet), anybody have any idea why?

I've also heard that interacting with players via wifi or street pass is supposed to grant access to their mirage islands but that also hasn't happened.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There used to be a 'Discuss my Pokemon' thread a few years back, but it was closed when everyone learned RNG and it became a forum for showing off. Reintroducing it wouldn't be a bad idea given all of the keep or toss posts that seem to be everywhere.
If there was a way to have the thread exist without likes and postcount, we would have reintroduced it. Unfortunately, there isn't, so it won't be coming back.

Okay! Finally got my games!!

Starting my AS play through and one thing I found is that DexNav searching is ADDICTIVE. I literally just lost an hour on route 103 trying to get a Hydro Pump Surskit!

I love how much more expressive the character's faces are, it really adds atmosphere.

Just hit up Rustboro and met my dad, so stoked that I can finally play!

Just got the games too! (You guys are probably getting irritated of these "Just got my game Comments" XD), but aanyway, I spent ages trying to get a Timid Ralts for Latias... So far, I've failed pretty badly, best one being modest, and so I've given up for now, but soon! I'm nowhere near close to getting Lati yet, so it's all good..

Just got the games too! (You guys are probably getting irritated of these "Just got my game Comments" XD), but aanyway, I spent ages trying to get a Timid Ralts for Latias... So far, I've failed pretty badly, best one being modest, and so I've given up for now, but soon! I'm nowhere near close to getting Lati yet, so it's all good..
I ended up breeding for a timid synch and got a timid ralts on my 21st or 22nd try :D

I've played up until the middle of the Delta Episode (and none of my party has somehow yet to reach Level 50 either...makes me wonder what the Exp. Share would've done for them if I used it). I haven't tried out the Eon Flute once, not even out of curiosity, because I actually have a lot of fun using HM Fly now that one can do so directly from the AreaNav map. There's just something so awesome about that subtle but convenient ability to use the AreaNav for Fly. What makes HM Fly even better is that one can Fly to routes and landmarks now instead of just Pokémon Center sites.

I guess that's just me, though. I will begin to use the Eon Flute later on when it becomes necessary for catching certain Pokémon, but for now, I'm using HM Fly.

Just arrived in Mauville City and Dex Nav is without a doubt my favorite feature of this game thus far.

Question: Which Pokémon do I have to soft reset during the main story if I want a decent one? I know that I'll have to SR for a decent Latios (if I want one) and also that I can kill Groudon without losing it forever. Anything else I should know?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just arrived in Mauville City and Dex Nav is without a doubt my favorite feature of this game thus far.

Question: Which Pokémon do I have to soft reset during the main story if I want a decent one? I know that I'll have to SR for a decent Latios (if I want one) and also that I can kill Groudon without losing it forever. Anything else I should know?
Lati@s and Rayquaza are the only Pokémon you must capture in order to advance the plot.

So I got this Shiny Cobalion about an hour ago. :)

Cobalion - #638 (Jolly) : 31 / 28 - 29 / 6 - 7 / 4 - 5 / 31 / 31
Defense sucks but I can't complain about a Shiny though. My 2nd Shiny Legendary. The other is Heatran which I caught a few days ago.
Is this post patch? Congrats, by the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)