Sceptile [QC 0/3]

The Swords Dance set needs a teammate that can check Talonflame (and on the same line, Pinsir) for it, or else the Flying Priority can ruin its chance to sweep.

Also, I think Cleric support needs to be downplayed for Swords Dance sets; you need to mention that it only applies f Sceptile's team is more balanced. Clerics do not provide enough offensive pressure to be put onto an offensive team. Rather, a Healing Wish user, such as Jirachi and Latias, provides a lot more useful support for offensive teams. Mention Healing Wish please.
Can do. I've added all of that.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Ok so Idk if some of these points were mentioned or not but if they have just ignore those and take the stuff you need. On Special Attacker I really don't think Modest should get a slash and if it does it should go last. Timid is just necessary for M-Sceptile to function effectively as a cleaner and full on 252/252 isn't necessary either. 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Speed Timid hits the necessary requirements of outpacing base 115 mons such as Raikou and Starmie before Mega evolution. Mention answers to bulky Fairy Types such as Clefable, Sylveon, M-Garde and Togekiss under team options as these are issues that M-Sceptile will have trouble with. Due to its typing bulky Water types are also great options for teammates as they will naturally resist its Ice weakness while M-Sceptile will quad resist the Grass Weakness while being immune to Electric attacks. There's some more stuff but I rather see what QC has to say first.

Ok so Idk if some of these points were mentioned or not but if they have just ignore those and take the stuff you need. On Special Attacker I really don't think Modest should get a slash and if it does it should go last. Timid is just necessary for M-Sceptile to function effectively as a cleaner and full on 252/252 isn't necessary either. 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Speed Timid hits the necessary requirements of outpacing base 115 mons such as Raikou and Starmie before Mega evolution. Mention answers to bulky Fairy Types such as Clefable, Sylveon, M-Garde and Togekiss under team options as these are issues that M-Sceptile will have trouble with. Due to its typing bulky Water types are also great options for teammates as they will naturally resist its Ice weakness while M-Sceptile will quad resist the Grass Weakness while being immune to Electric attacks. There's some more stuff but I rather see what QC has to say first.
I'll edit the post based on this, but what's the 40 HP trying to live anyway?

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I'll edit the post based on this, but what's the 40 HP trying to live anyway?
The full speed investment isn't necessary because you will still get outpaced by Jolly M-Aerodactyl, Timid M-Alakazam and the benchmark for speed should for the most part be M-Manectric and Timid Scarf Heatran, which 216 speed hits. So if QC finds speed tying other M-Sceptiles necessary or catch another scarfer that would be outpaced by running full speed I don't really see the necessity of going max speed. HP is extra basically at that point.

Edit: Full speed outpaces Timid Scarf Chandelure so if this warrants enough of a reason then full speed will be fine.

The full speed investment isn't necessary because you will still get outpaced by Jolly M-Aerodactyl, Timid M-Alakazam and the benchmark for speed should for the most part be M-Manectric and Timid Scarf Heatran, which 216 speed hits. So if QC finds speed tying other M-Sceptiles necessary or catch another scarfer that would be outpaced by running full speed I don't really see the necessity of going max speed. HP is extra basically at that point.

Edit: Full speed outpaces Timid Scarf Chandelure so if this warrants enough of a reason then full speed will be fine.
I've implemented these changes. Thanks for your time.

ok. change lightening rod to overgrow, your writing an analysis for sceptile not permanently mega evolved sceptile. on the 2nd set (which should probably be changed to "Mixed Attacker") the speed evs (122+) hit 391 when m-evo'd and ninja hits 377. 72+ is all you need to outspeed ninja

the best evs i found w/ mixed w/ 136 atk is 136atk/128+satk/244spe outspeeds 252+ tflame while getting 3more points in satk compared to if you were running +spe nature aiming for the same speed point

unless 122+ was for something that wasn't mentioned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)