Glalie

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Overview
########

• Refrigerate to boost attacks
  • Refrigerate STAB Explosion
  • Decent attacking stats and Speed
  • Refrigerate STAB Explosion
  • Decent other movepool
  • Access to Spikes
  • Did I mention Refrigerate STAB Explosion? It gets that

Ice Ice Baby
########
name: Ice Ice Baby
move 1: Explosion
move 2: Return / Body Slam
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Ice Shard / Spikes
ability: Ice Body
item: Glalitite
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

• Explosion is a nuke (Jolly has a 6.3% chance to OHKO physically defensive Skarmory before Stealth Rock) and can prevent Defog and Rapid Spin, especially if running Spikes
  • Return is a powerful, reliable STAB move that receives a power boost from Refrigerate
  • Body Slam is weaker but carries a chance to paralyze
  • Earthquake has good coverage and nails Fire- and Steel-types for super effective damage
  • Ice Shard is useful priority and makes picking off Pokemon end-game easier
  • Spikes wear down opponents for your win condition and are easy to set up because of the switches Glalie forces

Set Details
========

• EVs maximize Speed and Attack to deal as much damage as possible
  • Ice Body for the off chance that the opponent has hail up and you can get a free turn of recovery

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

SET NAME
########
name: SET NAME
move 1:
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
ability:
item:
evs:
nature:

Moves
========

INFO ABOUT MOVES GOES HERE

Set Details
========

EVS / ITEM / NATURE INFORMATION GOES HERE

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Other Options
########

OTHER OPTIONS GOES HERE. STUFF LIKE ALTERNATE MOVES, ALTERNATE SETS, NICHE STUFF THAT DOESN'T GET A MAIN SET MENTION

Checks & Counters
########

CHECKS & COUNTERS GO HERE
NOTE THAT THIS WILL BE MORE THREATLISTY SO MENTION POKEMON / OTHER EFFECTS ONE AT A TIME

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
remove spikes, remove body slam, slash freeze-dry with ice shard, add adamant/naughty as a nature option, slash double-edge with return

trust me i used glalie
Forgot freeze dry. I saw aim use body slam so it can't be that bad (aka whatever QC says) double edge is a good idea and I'll probably put mixed / special in oo so no naughty.

spikes is OO material at best, because why the fuck are you wasting your mega on spikes
Why would people waste Greninja on spikes? Its not a dedicated spikes setter, but it can set them up on forced switches

Forgot freeze dry. I saw aim use body slam so it can't be that bad (aka whatever QC says) double edge is a good idea and I'll probably put mixed / special in oo so no naughty.

Why would people waste Greninja on spikes? Its not a dedicated spikes setter, but it can set them up on forced switches
because greninja isnt a mega, which you only have access to one of

trust me, i used spikes, and its OO material

Is Ice Shard really that necessary now that Mega Mence is banned? Glalie's STAB Ice Shard is still really weak, failing to OHKO Garchomp even after Stealth Rock, whereas Life Orb Mamoswine cleanly OHKOs and Weavile a guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rock in play. I guess being able to KO Scarf Landorus-T after a little prior damage (not factoring in Intimidate) is nice, but Glalie's Ice Shard, even with STAB, is really weak.

Is Ice Shard really that necessary now that Mega Mence is banned? Glalie's STAB Ice Shard is still really weak, failing to OHKO Garchomp even after Stealth Rock, whereas Life Orb Mamoswine cleanly OHKOs and Weavile a guaranteed OHKO with Stealth Rock in play. I guess being able to KO Scarf Landorus-T after a little prior damage (not factoring in Intimidate) is nice, but Glalie's Ice Shard, even with STAB, is really weak.
ice shard gives glalie something to do outside of kamikaze wallbreaking, but yeah i think its OO material

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
God damnit, I hate this computer. But okay, let's see, as far as common sense and most experiences with Glalie are concerned:
  • Replace Ice Body with Inner Focus; Hail is more rare than the occasional flinch move (Aboma doesn't even have an OU analysis RN), and having Inner Focus allows Glalie a chance to get past Fake Out spamming Medicham.
  • Put Body Slam under a mention in moves since it's low BP, and maybe put in Double-Edge somewhere, assuming no Gen III legality issues.
  • Don't know about the fourth slot since everybody that replied here seems to hate Spikes AND Ice Shard. Spikes isn't a necessity on Glalie but it's useful for some people I see, so you might consider keeping that. I see Taunt being honestly more useful to prevent defensive shits like Skarmory, Rotom-W, and Mew from a free turn of phazing, recovering, or burning.

Last edited:
God damnit, I hate this computer. But okay, let's see, as far as common sense and most experiences with Glalie are concerned:
  • Replace Ice Body with Inner Focus; Hail is more rare than the occasional flinch move (Aboma doesn't even have an OU analysis RN), and having Inner Focus allows Glalie a chance to get past Fake Out spamming Medicham.
  • Put Body Slam under a mention in moves since it's low BP, and maybe put in Double-Edge somewhere, assuming no Gen III legality issues.
  • Don't know about the fourth slot since everybody that replied here seems to hate Spikes AND Ice Shard. Spikes isn't a necessity on Glalie but it's useful for some people I see, so you might consider keeping that. I see Taunt being honestly more useful to prevent defensive shits like Skarmory, Rotom-W, and Mew from a free turn of phazing, recovering, or burning.
no gen 3 legality issues :) also shouldnt the 4th slot be freeze-dry?

no gen 3 legality issues :) also shouldnt the 4th slot be freeze-dry?
0 SpA Glalie Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 168-198 (55.2 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Glalie only needs a Naive Nature to 2HKO Rotom-W, no additional Special Attack investment, just to note.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
0 SpA Glalie Freeze-Dry vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Rotom-W: 122-146 (40.1 - 48%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Freeze Dry is fine too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)