VGC Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
should i go timid or modest for doubles competitive meowstic-f?
Considering the fast paced battle style of VGC, speed is very imporant. Meowstic-F's Special Attack is a bit lacking. Use Modest for the boost in special attack as long as you use 252 [or alot] EV's for speed.

Considering the fast paced battle style of VGC, speed is very imporant. Meowstic-F's Special Attack is a bit lacking. Use Modest for the boost in special attack as long as you use 252 [or alot] EV's for speed.
yup. i was trying hidden power calcs against maw and mence and it misses out if not modest.
+2 hp fire (competitive) modest KOs maw and timid doesnt but it can simply sucker punch it so ehhh...
timid no boosts hp ice doesnt kill mence while modest does. however it would be outsped. +2 timid kos of course.
might just run timid LO competitive hp ice for mence and worry about maw with something else. however scarf mence is common, so again, outsped.

its just a lacking pokemon to put it simply. sadly.

its just a lacking pokemon to put it simply. sadly.
Its a very lacking pokemon sadly. I dont think he will do well in the game. I wouldnt even consider using him in VGC or any upper tier game tbh. It has a few niches I guess but simply, its not enough to thrive. Sucker Punch is a very commonly used move in VGC and could easily KO Meowstic. Even if it held a focus sash, you still have to worry about spread moves, let alone the next turn. Speed is its highest base stat and its still fairly low.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think Gothitelle is still all around better for setting TR in 14. It might not have the raw power that Reun or Chandy have, but Shadow Tag allows for so many more plays for your other Pokemon, since you can force the opponent into bad match ups. I think that trait alone makes it better on 90% of Trick Room teams, and its special attack isn't lacking at 95.

I have been in a few discussions about this. Personally I don't think so because all Pokemon born in 6th gen will have that blue symbol that used to be called "Kalos" born, and with that symbol its allowed in many other meta games, primarily VCG.
What do you guys think?

Hello,

I missed out last year VGC but I read somewhere that only Pokemons born in the last games were elligible for a Battle Team. According to you, is this going to be the same for '15VGC ? Only Pokemons bred or captured in 6th Gen games will be elligible ?

Thanks =)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
More than likely, that's why all the old tutors are back in ORAS, but we won't know until we have the official rules.

I understand the reasoning behind the decision but still, that would hurt so much to be forced to make again every single VGC Mon I have ! I guess I will have to someday..

I am sorry to bother anyone on this thread that knows their shit about their VGC but as I am going to have to catch rayquaza I am going to catch it right, so for the VGC format (should I be able to get into it this year and not just the TCG) what would be the best nature for an offensive rayquaza?

Sorry for being so vague but my knowledge of the VGC can be put into four sentences:
Kyogre is the god of drowning your hopes and dreams in a water spout of tears.
Most legendary pokemon aren't allowed in the VGC or with restrictions at least.
It's normally always doubles.
And the VGC is one giant cluster WTF of mind games without someone doing anything on their second turn.

.....I have the VGC knowledge of a block of cheese asides from knowing nearly every game mechanic. (Ivs, evs, etc.)

I am sorry to bother anyone on this thread that knows their shit about their VGC but as I am going to have to catch rayquaza I am going to catch it right, so for the VGC format (should I be able to get into it this year and not just the TCG) what would be the best nature for an offensive rayquaza?

Sorry for being so vague but my knowledge of the VGC can be put into four sentences:
Kyogre is the god of drowning your hopes and dreams in a water spout of tears.
Most legendary pokemon aren't allowed in the VGC or with restrictions at least.
It's normally always doubles.
And the VGC is one giant cluster WTF of mind games without someone doing anything on their second turn.

.....I have the VGC knowledge of a block of cheese asides from knowing nearly every game mechanic. (Ivs, evs, etc.)
As of now, you can't use it, but I have a Naive Rayquaza.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
It would have 248 HP and 174 Speed with no investment, a positive speed nature, and perfect IV's at level 70. I generally just use Pokemon Online to calculate something like that, since you can set the exact level and see what the stat values would be. I highly doubt that Rayquaza will even be legal this year though. The last time they allowed cover legendaries to be used in VGC was 2010, and it seems like they have been going away from that direction lately.

When do the official regionals nationals and world tournaments take place? Are they over the weekends or during summer or are they different times every year?

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
Here is a list of all confirmed regionals so far that will be updated over time. That is most likely it for the Winter regionals, but there should be a few more added when they are confirmed.
http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/5626-vgc-15-regional-locations/

If you are interested in competing, you should also check out the premier challenges in your area. They are generally smaller than regionals and are an easy way to farm CP since the quality of player is normally a bit lower. Nuggetbridge also has a forum dedicated to them if you are interested in checking them out.
http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/forum/19-premier-challenges/

Like Professor Birch said, US Nationals will be over the 4th of July weekend in Indianapolis and worlds will be taking place in Boston this year in August. They are removing the last chance qualifier this year, so if you are hoping to participate you need to qualify via championship points, which means you should go to as many events as possible to give yourself the best chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)