Slowbro [Revamp] (QC 0/3)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Overview
########

• Great defensive typing with resistances to common attacks in the OU metagame with a solid stab combination to back it up
  • Upon gaining a mega evolution, its defense stat skyrockets to a massive base 180
  • Shell armor is a decent ability to avoid critical hits while setting up
  • Great special attack to prevent it from being setup fodder as a defensive pokemon
  • Slowbro has reliable recovery in slack off
  • Great boosting moves in calm mind and iron defense
  • Wide variety of coverage moves such as fire blast, ice beam, and grass knot
  • Thanks to its mega evolution, it is much less prone to the omnipresent knock off
  • Extremely slow, always has to take a hit before responding
  • Troubled by common grass, electric, and dark types

CroBro
########
name: CroBro
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Scald
move 3: Rest
move 4: Sleep Talk
ability: Regenerator
item: Slowbronite
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spa
nature: Bold

Moves
========

• Calm Mind boosts slowbro's special attacks and special defense, allowing it to sweep
  • Scald is the main stab move and hits hard off of slowbro's strong special attack with a nifty chance to burn
  • Rest provides a reliable form of recovery, and is important to avoid status conditions
  • Sleep talk prevents slowbro from being setup fodder while asleep

Set Details
========

• Max hp for maximum bulk
  • Max def and a bold nature is to capitalize on slowbro's great physical bulk
  • Alternatively, a specially defensive spread with a calm nature can be used to setup on some special attackers
  • Regenerator is a great ability to have before mega evolving to pivot into attacks and gain HP
  • Slowbronite gives slowbro a massive boost in its stats and the ability shell armor to prevent critical hits

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Calm Mind
########
name: Calm Mind
move 2: Scald
move 3: Psyshock / Fire Blast
move 4: Slack Off
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spa
nature: Bold

Moves
========

• Calm mind boosts slowbro's special attack and special defense to very high levels
  • Scald is a strong STAB move that has a helpful chance to burn
  • Psyshock hits most pokemon that resist water as well as poison and fighting types
  • Fire blast is a viable option to hit ferrothorn and scizor
  • Slack Off provides reliable recovery

Set Details
========

EVS / ITEM / NATURE INFORMATION GOES HERE

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Double Dance
########
name: Double Dance
move 2: Iron Defense
move 3: Scald
move 4: Slack Off / Rest
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
nature: Calm

Moves
========

• Calm mind boosts slowbro's special attack and special defense to high levels
  • Iron defense raises slowbro's already massive defense by two stages
  • Scald is a strong stab move that has a nice chance to burn the foe
  • Slack off provides a form of reliable recovery

Set Details
========

EVS / ITEM / NATURE INFORMATION GOES HERE

Usage Tips
========

USAGE TIPS GO HERE

Team Options
========

TEAM OPTIONS GO HERE

Other Options
########

• Foul Play
  • Thunder Wave
  • Slack off + 3 attacks
  • Non-mega slowbro (I'm not sure if this should have its own set)
  • Magic coat, Yawn, Disable
  • Foul play, shadow ball, focus blast, etc

Checks & Counters
########

• **Grass-types**:
  • **Electric-types**:
  • **Residual damage**
  • **Wallbreakers**:
  • **Bulky Special Walls**:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Slack Off+3 Attacks with 252 HP / 252 SpA Modest is a very solid set, smacks a lot of stuff that would usually take advantage of it pretty damn hard while taking advantage of Slowbro's really good coverage. I personally think it should be put in the analysis (and not just in OO)

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Slack Off+3 Attacks with 252 HP / 252 SpA Modest is a very solid set, smacks a lot of stuff that would usually take advantage of it. I personally think it should be put in the analysis (and not just in OO)
I'll wait for QC, but I'm cool with making that its own set.

Non mega slowbro should definitely have a defensive set of its own. I've seen it used to decent effect on stall teams that are already using another mega.

Well there really isn't much point to regenerator nor oblivious when it mega evolves. In fact, Both are reasonable options, as being taunted on the switch can ruin mega slowbro. Of course if using the normal form then regenerator should always be used. But for the mega form I don't see why the choice of ability matters

Because you can choose to forgo mega evolving until late-game when Bro's checks have been properly dealt with. It serves as a very good pivot early-game with Regenerator, its invaluable defensive typing and scald (as well as its ability to shrug off most Knock Offs due to its mega stone). Since Bro probably doesn't want to do anything but spam Scald early game anyway, Taunt isn't that much of a hindrance prior to mega evolving. Regenerator is simply much more useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)