General Introduce yourself!

Ahoy Smog people. I'm Bardo (aka Ugly Weirdo), 20.
I've been a Smogon outside watcher since generation VI was revealed (I bought pokemon Y and thought "Whoa this is some cool stuff, let's take it to the next level). So I started to get interested about competitive playing and I came across Smogon for the first time: a WHOLE community of nerds with a lot of interests in common with me. Then I came aware of Pokemon Showdown and I started building teams (mostly OU, the tier I like the most).
My main problem is that my English isn't good at all, so I never joined the community until now because I'm afraid of not understanding and not being understood. Anyway, I will try to do my best to begin to actively be part of this communerdty.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello, everybody!:D
I'm Lena, 19, and currently on my second year of psychology uni. That's why sometimes it might get a little bit hard to be that active, but I'll try my best.D:
I've been a fan of pokemon since I was seven and used to play my cousin's blue version (specially when he wasn't around, hehe - but it's alright, all I really did was just chasing pikachus. Never rewrote files or anything... That I can remeber, at least. D: ). Besides that I really like music, drawing and painting.

I do like battling sometimes, though I'm not so good at it - what I really enjoy is trading and IV breeding!

Hi there! I'm Alex, 19, and I've been a Pokémon fan since my first adventure in Yellow! About a year ago with the release on X/Y (which now counts 653 hours of gameplay) I started to play in competitive battling, so looking on the Internet for some advices I found you Smogon! :D
Then I discovered Showdown and I fell in love with the idea of testing my teams online.
I really admire your work, and i'm glad i can join this community :D
P.S. Can't wait to play ORAS! (Since here, in Italy, will be available on 28th T_T)

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
Hi, my name is Skalaylee and i am a Alcoholic. I have been for 3 years now. I first realized i was one at a place called PS. After my first couple visits i realized i enjoyed the environment as crazy as that sounds. Then a couple months passed i started meeting others and became a well known person among these people i felt accepted. The people that where there before me that basically controlled the place saw this and gave me seat at a different area(+). I was accepted into this new group and my years continued at that place. I started visiting other places and slowly drifted away from PS. I just recently came back after couple months of rehab. I have not fallen back into the habit but it seems like the right thing to do. Although, i am not sitting at the table i used to i am still a well known user around the place and slightly enjoy the new PS community. I will be in the Smogon room if ever want to stop by and say hi. GG

Replace Alcoholic with Pokemon Player.

Yo Jarik here (on Or Jaina on as) Ive been playing the pokemon games since gen 1 but never really got into compettative play or breeding untill about 2 weeks ago. never did anything outside of family thow always stuck to battling my brother and what not.

Hey I'm also new, I've been on a hiatus from Pokemon in general since around when the summer kicked off due to not having access to a computer for most of the summer, and have decided to return to playing for ORAS. I mostly joined smogon to become a part of the community, plus being able to get my teams rated is pretty cool too.

My name is Alexander (also known as Lugia123). The only thing you need to know about me is that I am extremely secretive about myself. Due to this I suck at mafia, murder mystery and just about any other game like that. That is also why I kept Darkrai as my user pic thing. I'm on Pokebeach as Lugia123. I hope you enjoy having me and being able to completely ignore me. I also hope you'll ignore the part of this post that's crossed out.

Hedet

Hello guys, let me introduce myself. I'm metmaver, 19, from Italy. I have been playing Pokemon since 2001, when I first bought Pokemon Gold. I discovered Smogon back in 2009, when I was searching for some tips to improve my dppt team. I used to read all the pokemon analysis, but I never really got into the pure competitive aspect of the game, neither I decided to register myself on the site. In the last year, before the release of XY, I started playing on PS! and started to follow every single step Smogon made through the evolution of the new OU metagame. I read every single suspect test thread, and I think I reached a decent knowledge of the meta. Now ORAS came out, and I would love to participate in the forum, give my opinions, meet new people, make new friends. Hopefully I'll find a place in this community.

Uh, and forgive my grammar

Heya, I'm Peter and I've been playing Pokemon not that long and I suck at video games. I've been floating around Smogon recently and often check for competitive movesets. The real reason I joined tbh is to advertise for a youtube series I've been working on, just don't know a proper place to advertise it.

Hi there, or as they say in Atlantis:
*intelligible bubbling*

I'm ResoluteAbsol, an ordinary guy who likes Pokemon. I've been using this site and it's utilities for about a year and a half now, and I've learned a lot about the competetive scene (I use this knowledge to ROFL-stomp my friends. ;D). I enjoy coming up with random (and usually useless) Pokemon strategies, watching anime, making sarcastic remarks, and just having a good time in general!

Glad to be here~

Welcome to Smogon! This is the forum where basically... everything about Smogon is found. That includes a place to introduce yourself (so fitting into the community is easier!)

The purpose of this thread is so you can introduce yourself, you can get chatting with older Smogoners (and other new Smogoners, like yourself) and hopefully form a few friendships from this too. We're going to have a few stickies up over the next few days explaining how to connect with users that can help you get involved with different areas of the site and other things along those lines. After you've been here for a while, feel free to send your feedback to the Community Feedback subforum (since we want to make this place as welcoming as possible) and we'll (the mods of the forum) will check it out. :)

Now, here's some things you need to follow to make this thread a little more organised.

• You can post as much as you want in this thread. The cool thing is now you can introduce yourself, and if someone wants to know a bit more about you, they'll send you a reply here, and you can essentially hang out here at first. Once you feel familiar with someone, you can take the conversation to private message or visitor message. Obviously if things go a little too off-topic we'll suggest you take it privately, but while you're getting started here this is your hangout!
  • Only new users should introduce themselves, but older returning members can introduce themselves as well.
  • We encourage both new and old users to post here! While only relatively new users (or returning members) can introduce themselves, we'd love it if our older members and mentors greeted people in the thread here and replied to their posts.
Also check out our old introduction thread if you'd like, found here. If you also have the time, please do reply to 'What brought you to Smogon?'. We're interested in knowing what exactly brought you here!

As a final note, if this thread is a little too formal for you, that's cool, we have an IRC channel #hangout and PS room: Smogon Hangout where you can chat with everyone real time.

We hope you guys enjoy Smogon (as well as your new copies of ORAS!)
Hey hey hey, I'm doctor Steve Brule. I'm 20, from Colorado, started playing casually in gen two, sort of stopped a while back, and got back onboard only recently, but still have a bunch of competitively bred and trained pokemon! The last I really played was when we were all psyched about natures and the Evs/Ivs on gen 3, but I have a ds and I've been sucked back in by the idea of competing wifi battling; could probably be smoked by most of you but am eager to start training again!!!

Herro there, Lila the Fairy Dog here, sounds better than Lila the Granbull imo.

Soo, been on Showdown nearly half a year, been lurking theses fourms but finally decied to make an account cause why not. You can usually find me in the Monotype Room, shout out to everyone there, love you all <3 Monotype is my specialty, other teirs I don't really dab in unless I make a mono team for them ^^"

A bit about my personal self, I'm old enough to be here that's for sure, I live in the wonderful land of New Zealand where we pay with sheep, rainy days are just fabulous and I enjoy having poke wars with people. cough cough, pokes Omega x3

But yea, that's all there is to me, nothing much more, well unless you count my obsession with um, shinys.

Hey guys. I'm new here. My names chris. I'm 20 and have played pokemon since gen 1. I love all the games though. I've played casually forever and thought maybe I should try going competitive at least just a little. So I'm trying that out now. I don't know what else to say so yeah. Thanks.

Hey guys. I'm new here. My names chris. I'm 20 and have played pokemon since gen 1. I love all the games though. I've played casually forever and thought maybe I should try going competitive at least just a little. So I'm trying that out now. I don't know what else to say so yeah. Thanks.
Welcome! Hope you stick around.

Hi! I'm Alana, and I'm here because I want to learn about competitive battling! I really don't know much about it, but I love Pokemon and I think it all sounds super fun!
Let's see, the first game I owned was Platinum, but I probably put hours and hours into the library's copy of SoulSilver before that.
Overall, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to anything but casual playing, but I'm here to learn!

Hey guys, I'm Rob! Nice to meet you all! I've been a longtime lurker here at smogon, and have been playing competitive since gen 5. First started with Pearl, and have been playing ever since! I'm glad to finally be a part of this community!

Hey guys! I'm a long time lurker but I finally registered haha. I'm SCf3, I got into the competitive scene this past year and I'm looking to improve my Pokemon & team building skillz. :)

Hello everyone :)
I'm Liz, 20 years old, new member here at Smogon. I found out about this site while looking up some stuff about Shiny Charm and Masuda Method. Heh. I decided to register after stalking around the site for a while.

A bit about myself: I started my Pokemon adventure in 2004 in the Kanto region - specifically with Leafgreen version. I continued my journey on with the following releases until life hit and sadly I had to go on hiatus from my adventure (bye-bye Pikachu! D:). I still bought the games but did not play them. Until recently, I've had the chance to get into the games again and notice the competitive aspect of the game. Despite my rustiness I am really enjoying continuing on my adventure :).

Hi! Really new to competitive battling I had an old account here before but cant get into it or the email associated (back during b/w). I was trying to get into competitive battling back then but got overwhelmed. I plan on using ORAS and my copy of y to wifi battle but im still a little overwhelmed by breeding and whatnot (still have to beat AS). I wish I could just dive right into competitive battling but clearly its going to take time with evs and ivs and stuff. Ive beem lurking here forever amd have been youtubing competitive battling for years and have never actually battled. I guess because of how hard it is to get into...

But im really down to just get things going the problem is im not sure where to start. I guess im starting by joining this thread lol.

Hi, I'm Snorlax. I was used for a while a couple of gens ago, but now I sit in UU eating up bitches and cursin' up on Florgeses. I kinda wish I was still in OU, but sometimes I don't. For example, I don't wanna deal with a Skarmory, or a Conkeldurr. But I can still be useful, and I can really lay the wood on some pokes. I've been around these forums in particular for a while, but I'm only now making an account. I hope to have fun, and I sincerely say with all my heart: F*ck you Salamence, you can go to Ubers.

I have fun rating teams, so message me on either showdown(my name there is the same), so if you want your team rated with an old- school sense you know who to call.

I once thought myself the very best. Having conquered every pokemon league from Kanto to Kalos considered myself invincible. So it was with utmost confidence I challenged my mate at college to a friendly battle. There I was introduced to true terror, as his EV trained team bowled through my strongest. I hadn't the chance to launch even a single attack. And so I set out on a journey across the internet to seek instruction in the way of competitive battling. My search led me here. My name is Daniel and it is a pleasure to meet you all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)