XY OU sigh... - Balanced Mega Scizor Volt-turn stuff

The Team:

Pretty simple team. Celebi, Rotom and Heatran are something like a defensive core, Scizor, Celebi and Rotom keep up momentum with Volt-turnerino, Latios punches holes into teams and eventually Scizor or Terrakion clean up. Since I have a bunch of fire resistances and Heatran and Celebi can remove burns from Scizor it's pretty likely that it ends up sweeping in the end.

The Sets:

._. (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe EVs: 248 HP / 48 Atk / 112 Def / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Mega Scizor is kind of what I built this team arround. U-turn over coverage moves to keep up the Volt-turn core and to get a use out of Scizor early game and in matchups where it can't sweep. Knock Off cuz OP. Bullet Punch and Swords Dance are pretty obvious. Roost and max HP to let it set up and win 1v1 against defensive stuff like Gliscor and Ferrothorn. Also helps against getting worn down by stallish teams and it means I can switch into stuff like Gliscor and Blissey all day without them being able to really punish me for it.

._. (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Literally the most standard set ever. I don't think I have to explain anybody the synergy between Rotom and Scizor at this point anymore. Volt-turn, defensive synergy bla. It's a reliable switchin to pretty much everything Scizor hates, mainly Heatran, Landorus-T and bulky waters. It also kind of works as part of the defensive FWG-core thingy. Pain Split and Leftovers let it stay arround a lot longer and since I have a cleric on this team I don't really need Rest anyways.

._. (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Calm Nature Bold Nature
- Leech Seed Giga Drain
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell
- Recover

Celebi is filling a lot of holes in this team. It removes crippling burns and paras from Scizor and Terrakion and let's Rotom stay arround longer by removing poison or burn from him. It's also a good answer to some stuff most of my team struggles with like Breloom, Keldeo or bulky waters that Rotom can't kill with just Volt Swithing. It works as a part of the defensive FWG core and also keeps up momentum with Baton Pass. Baiting in stuff that wants to pursuit trap Celebi like Bisharp or Ttar and then Baton Passing into Terrakion is cool. Sometimes you can even get Justified boosts out of it.

._. (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock​

Heatran is mainly here to cover Scizors and Celebis fire weakness and set up stealth rocks. Apart from that he can remove steal types that Scizor, Terrakion and Latios can't get arround like Skarmory and Jirachi or Scizor. I used a more offensive version in this slot before but I noticed that I mainly used it for the utility and for the defensive typing and the offensive version wasn't as reliably because it got worn down quikckly so I changed it to special defensive.

._. (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog Surf
- Roost

Latios is mainly there for killing stuff Scizor and Terrakion don't like like Tentacruel, Breloom, Mega Venusaur and Keldeo and in general just punch holes into team by nuking stuff with Life Orb Draco. Latios over Latias because I feel like with Celebi on the team I rarely ever need to use Latios for defensive switches anyways. Since the rest of my team already kind of covers the stuff Latios can't kill I decided not to run any coverage moves and just go with Defog and Roost to keep Latios arround longer in stallish matches. I barely ever used Defog and somebody recommended me to change it to Surf so I did.

._. (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake Rock Slide
- X-Scissor

Terrakion usually cleans up after stuff like Gliscor, Lando-T, Mega Venasaur or Latis are removed. It saves me from getting swept by stuff that got to +1 like Dragonite, Charizard, Mega Gyrados and Volcarona. With all the momentum especially coming from Baton Pass it usually ends up taking out Pursuit Trappers like Bisharp or Ttar very soon in the match which helps Celebi and Latios a lot. Since it is so important and it is the only mon without any recovery on my team I have to play very careful with it though.

In general the team relies on building up pressure by keeping up momentum with Volt-turn stuff, a good defensive synergy type wise and the ability of the mons to cover for each other by taking out each others threats and potentially getting Flash Fire/Justified boosts.

I probably spent way too much time creating this RMT. I hope that this is not too standard and boring and you feel like leaving feedback. Thanks in advance.

Importable

._. (Scizor) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

._. (Celebi) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

._. (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor​

Last edited:
Keksmuffin your team looks pretty sexy overall. Scizor looks like a superhero with wings in a metal outfit. Celebi is quite the onionfairy. Rotom-Wash is prob the sexiest wash machine i have seen in my life so far. Is that a fetish already? Latios looks cool as always. Terrakion and Heatran look kinda ugly tho. Would prob change them. Heatran especially. Other than that good jube dude. I was wondering why u need to put "._." everywhere tho. Show us a bit more creativity! I am also wondering why u are using pikachu in 2/6 of the gifs. He isnt even in your team dude, just saying! I hope u smash some scrubs with your team. May the force be with you!

Love ILOVEBULLET

ps: random gif cause why not

5369528+_b09a5c076112b25402f9c05fa112d4ad.gif

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Keksmuffin your team looks pretty sexy overall. Scizor looks like a superhero with wings in a metal outfit. Celebi is quite the onionfairy. Rotom-Wash is prob the sexiest wash machine i have seen in my life so far. Is that a fetish already? Latios looks cool as always. Terrakion and Heatran look kinda ugly tho. Would prob change them. Heatran especially. Other than that good jube dude. I was wondering why u need to put "._." everywhere tho. Show us a bit more creativity! I am also wondering why u are using pikachu in 2/6 of the gifs. He isnt even in your team dude, just saying! I hope u smash some scrubs with your team. May the force be with you!

Love ILOVEBULLET

ps: random gif cause why not

View attachment 30904
I actually did that gif in game and in front of the president.

Hey, pretty solid team. But, since you're running Defog and Roost on Latios, I recommend a Latias set for Healing Wish, Defog, and some good damage.

._. (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 86 HP / 170 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Defog
- Psyshock/Psychic

I think she would really benefit your team since your Latios is only running 2 offensive moves. If you still want to keep Latios on your team, do Hidden Power [Fire] > Roost on Latios, so you can have more coverage for steel and ice types on your team when they are out.

Hope it helps.

The Team:

Pretty simple team. Celebi, Rotom and Heatran are something like a defensive core, Scizor, Celebi and Rotom keep up momentum with Volt-turnerino, Latios punches holes into teams and eventually Scizor or Terrakion clean up. Since I have a bunch of fire resistances and Heatran and Celebi can remove burns from Scizor it's pretty likely that it ends up sweeping in the end.

The Sets:

._. (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Mega Scizor is kind of what I built this team arround. U-turn over coverage moves to keep up the Volt-turn core and to get a use out of Scizor early game and in matchups where it can't sweep. Bullet Punch and Swords Dance are pretty obvious. Roost and max HP to let it set up and win 1v1 against defensive stuff like Gliscor and Ferrothorn. Also helps against getting worn down by stallish teams and it means I can switch into stuff like Gliscor and Blissey all day without them being able to really punish me for it.

Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Literally the most standard set ever. I don't think I have to explain anybody the synergy between Rotom and Scizor at this point anymore. Volt-turn, defensive synergy bla. It's a reliable switchin to pretty much everything Scizor hates, mainly Heatran, Landorus-T and bulky waters. It also kind of works as part of the defensive FWG-core thingy. Pain Split and Leftovers let it stay arround a lot longer and since I have a cleric on this team I don't really need Rest anyways.

._. (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell
- Recover

Celebi is filling a lot of holes in this team. It removes crippling burns and paras from Scizor and Terrakion and let's Rotom stay arround longer by removing poison or burn from him. It's also a good answer to some stuff most of my team struggles with like Breloom, Keldeo or bulky waters that Rotom can't kill with just Volt Swithing. It works as a part of the defensive FWG core and also keeps up momentum with Baton Pass. Baiting in stuff that wants to pursuit trap Celebi like Bisharp or Ttar and then Baton Passing into Terrakion is cool. Sometimes you can even get Justified boosts out of it.

Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock​

Heatran is mainly here to cover Scizors and Celebis fire weakness and set up stealth rocks. Apart from that he can remove steal types that Scizor, Terrakion and Latios can't get arround like Skarmory and Jirachi or Scizor. I used a more offensive version in this slot before but I noticed that I mainly used it for the utility and for the defensive typing and the offensive version wasn't as reliably because it got worn down quikckly so I changed it to special defensive.

._. (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Latios is mainly there for killing stuff Scizor and Terrakion don't like like Tentacruel, Breloom, Mega Venusaur and Keldeo and in general just punch holes into team by nuking stuff with Life Orb Draco. Latios over Latias because I feel like with Celebi on the team I rarely ever need to use Latios for defensive switches anyways. Since the rest of my team already kind of covers the stuff Latios can't kill I decided not to run any coverage moves and just go with Defog and Roost to keep Latios arround longer in stallish matches.

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Terrakion usually cleans up after stuff like Gliscor, Lando-T, Mega Venasaur or Latis are removed. It saves me from getting swept by stuff that got to +1 like Dragonite, Charizard, Mega Gyrados and Volcarona. With all the momentum especially coming from Baton Pass it usually ends up taking out Pursuit Trappers like Bisharp or Ttar very soon in the match which helps Celebi and Latios a lot. Since it is so important and it is the only mon without any recovery on my team I have to play very careful with it though.

In general the team relies on building up pressure by keeping up momentum with Volt-turn stuff, a good defensive synergy type wise and the ability of the mons to cover for each other by taking out each others threats and potentially getting Flash Fire/Justified boosts.

I probably spent way too much time creating this RMT. I hope that this is not too standard and boring and you feel like leaving feedback. Thanks in advance.

Importable

._. (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Roost

._. (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed
- Baton Pass
- Heal Bell
- Recover

Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

._. (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor​

Ok so I just have a few spread changes to suggest as it may help you.

1. I would recommend the bulky swords dance scizor set as it allows you to to have more set-up oppertunities and allows more bulk on it.

2. I would suggest that you run psychic or giga drain instead of leech seed on celebi, and should run a faster spread to outspeed jolly base 70's (Bisharp) and baton pass out. You may want to run a physically defensive spread but if you don't wanna, change the nature below to calm and swap the evs into sp.def.

3.Next but an Adamant nature on terrakion because it allows you to hit harder and you don't need jolly because of the scarf.

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain/Psychic
- Heal Bell
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Ok so I just have a few spread changes to suggest as it may help you.

1. I would recommend the bulky swords dance scizor set as it allows you to to have more set-up oppertunities and allows more bulk on it.

2. I would suggest that you run psychic or giga drain instead of leech seed on celebi, and should run a faster spread to outspeed jolly base 70's (Bisharp) and baton pass out. You may want to run a physically defensive spread but if you don't wanna, change the nature below to calm and swap the evs into sp.def.

3.Next but an Adamant nature on terrakion because it allows you to hit harder and you don't need jolly because of the scarf.

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain/Psychic
- Heal Bell
- Baton Pass
- Recover

Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Actually, you need Jolly Nature on Terrakion to outspeed Jolly +1 Zard X, which exists because of Choice Scarf. Earthquake is completely unnecessary though, none of its targets are that common in OU. Something like Rock Slide would help for more accuracy, or Iron Head to properly revenge kill a weakened Altaria / Clefable.

The spread on Mega Scizor should be 248 HP / 48 Atk / 112 Def / 100 SpD Careful, which avoids 2HKOs from Adamant Excadrill's Earthquake and Timid Mega Gardevoir's Focus Blast after Stealth Rock, two Pokemon that Scizor checks. I personally think Superpower > Knock Off though, because it does a lot to Magnezone and Heatran on the switch, especially since Choice Scarf Magnezone cannot OHKO with Hidden Power Fire..

I do not think Celebi needs that much speed - it only needs 80 Speed to outrun Adamant Diggersby - the rest can go into Defense with a Bold Nature and definitely run an attack, Giga Drain does a lot to Diggersby, especially since Celebi survives a +2 non LO Return. If you want to run Giga Drain / Heal Bell / Baton Pass / Recover, I guess you could, if status has been a consistent botherance to your Scizor.

Honestly, you could get rid of Defog on Latios. Your team is not particularly weak to hazards, and while Spikes is becoming more common, you can easily play around it - Surf does a lot to Tyranitar, and weakens Heatran without needing a Swords Dance boost so Scizor can KO it later with Superpower. Scizor already lures in Ferrothorn, so Ferro should not be a problem.

Aside from that, your should be fine, though if Mega Heracross becomes more common again, it could be a problem. Good luck!

Ty for the suggestions, tried them out and I agree with most of them. I don't think running Adamant on Terakion would be a good idea though since some stuff would outspeed me with scarfs or after a Dragon Dance and the fact that it can with Jolly saved me a bunch of times already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)