The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, whatever 5-11/6-10 team that wins the NFC South won't be beating the 10-6/11-5 wild card team, not this time.
I wouldnt be so sure of that. I could see Detroit or Philly losing that road game.

Whats funny is that one of these NFC South teams is going to cost themselves about 10 spots at the draft for a home playoff game.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
go bears???
lol

This, last thing we need is another situation like the 7-9 Seahawks winning a playoff game just because they forced the Saints to go to the most hostile stadium out there...
Okay, really? That seahawks team wasn't bad, but IF YOU WIN A GAME YOU DESERVED TO WIN IT. Its not like they had ref luck or some shit, they just outplayed the saints. If you want to blame that on the fact that they were a home team so be it, but home field advantage is a native part of the NFL. Arguing with it when its the rule is just idiotic. If you want to argue the morality of the rule, be my guest, but don't act like the team didn't deserve to win even though they followed the rules at the time and outplayed their opponent. In reality, I would be tempted to think that those seahawks and those saints were similar teams, looking at game film, opponent strength, etc.

Home field advantage is native, saying "they wouldve lost if it wasn't at home" can be easily reversed to the saints if they had played at home and won.

The point is not that they didn't play well enough that game to win, the point is that they did not play well enough that season to deserve to host a much more deserving team in a playoff game with everything on the line in a league where home field advantage is so strong.

If a 6-10 Falcons/Saints team hosting an 11-5 Eagles/Lions/Cowboys doesn't cause the league to rethink playoff seeding (they will never ever get rid of divisions, rivalry games are cash money), then nothing ever will. God forbid if the NFC South team wins.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
HFA is kinda overstated I think, since it's not like this is MLB where the dimensions of playing field can wildly vary between stadiums. It matters a little bit but that's no excuse to lose to a 7-9 team in the playoffs. Either you're not as good as you thought or, you know, you just had a bad game and shit happens.

I like how Dallas just fucking gave up by punting with seven minutes left in the game down three scores, then go and call timeouts on the Eagles' drive when they're just running the clock out with not-McCoy. god dammit dallas what the fuck was that

I live in LA and don't see the problem with this at all. My family is a Falcons, Broncos, Giant, Cowboys, Steelers and Patriots family. I'm a Giants fan and own(proudly) a Romo jersey.
i'm a cowboys fan who grew up in miami. and i've liked a lot of players on other teams, obviously, including players in the same division (brandon jacobs, desean jackson, and now odell beckham) but it doesn't mean i like the team at all. i dont think its possible to be a fan of division rivals, you may like a certain player from the cowboys, but don't call yourself a fan.

and your family only needs to like the packers/seahawks to officially be a fan of every recent good team in the NFL! #Bandwagonfreezone

i'm a cowboys fan who grew up in miami. and i've liked a lot of players on other teams, obviously, including players in the same division (brandon jacobs, desean jackson, and now odell beckham) but it doesn't mean i like the team at all. i dont think its possible to be a fan of division rivals, you may like a certain player from the cowboys, but don't call yourself a fan.

and your family only needs to like the packers/seahawks to officially be a fan of every recent good team in the NFL! #Bandwagonfreezone
Maybe not a fan, but I like the Cowboys actually. My most hated teams aren't even in the division(I can't stand the Bears/49ers). The boys and skins have been terrible for a long time(and still are) so there really isn't any reason to dislike either. Romo became one of my favorite players after 2012 so it's hard for me to watch boy games these days. I just root for Romos success. It broke my heart seeing him crying in 2012 when he got blasted by rg3 in that final regular season game. Romos 2012 season was like a greek play. It was beautiful to watch. It was art.

Also, welcome to LA. If you ain't winning nobody gives a shit about you.

I live in LA and don't see the problem with this at all. My family is a Falcons, Broncos, Giant, Cowboys, Steelers and Patriots family. I'm a Giants fan and own(proudly) a Romo jersey.
I agree (can't believe I'm agreeing with some hero on something), though the whole "I'm moving to **** so now I'm **** fan" is fucking stupid. My dad(bears fan) didn't force me to like his team, so I picked the Dolphins mostly because I liked the animal and I thought the jersey looked cool.....I was seven, don't judge me.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I agree (can't believe I'm agreeing with some hero on something), though the whole "I'm moving to **** so now I'm **** fan" is fucking stupid. My dad(bears fan) didn't force me to like his team, so I picked the Dolphins mostly because I liked the animal and I thought the jersey looked cool.....I was seven, don't judge me.
Its the same thing. My dad has been a season ticket holder for the jaguars since the beginning, and I started going to games at a young age, picking up being a jaguars fan from my dad. When I went to my first 2 years of college, I was in Miami; BUT I DIDN'T BECOME A MIAMI FAN DAMNIT! I still was a jags fan. Did I cheer for the city's team? Of course I did. But when it came right down to it, I was always a jags fan, and still am.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The sheer amount of fans of other teams in areas that belong to a different team should be a testament to the fact that LIVING IN AN AREA DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO BECOME A FAN OF THAT TEAM.

ffs there are about 27 Steelers bars in Baltimore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)