ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
For some bizarre reason I can't get the next Legendaries to appear. I caught Cobalion and Azelf and its been a few days and neither have respawned the next Legendary.
Maybe you have to beat the Elite Four again? I'm going to test it now since I haven't caught all of them and I was going to fight them for $$$ anyway (plus I can't get enough of that battle theme).

Maybe you have to beat the Elite Four again? I'm going to test it now since I haven't caught all of them and I was going to fight them for $$$ anyway (plus I can't get enough of that battle theme).
Ok. I've been waiting 2 days already and neither Terrakion/Virizion as well as Uxie/Mesprit have yet to respawn and I haven't defeated the Elite Four in that time.. So it may be that.

Will there be an ORAS simple questions thread made? Was just wondering if I should be aiming for 31s in att, sp att and speed for the gift Pikachu, with hasty nature? Could I get away with a nature other than hasty?

Karxrida

Beating the E4 seemed to do the trick for the Beasts as Raikou showed up, but no dice for the Muskedeers for Lake Guardians. :/

Just wanting to post confirmation here in case no one has it already:

The Ho-oh and Lugia needed to reach Trackless Forest do NOT need to be from ORAS. I'm sitting here in Trackless Forest right now with a HGSS Ho-oh and Lugia.

Also Trackless forest does not disappear once you open it, at least initially. I just tested it by depositing Lugia and keeping only Ho-oh in the party, so feel free to open it up then grab your normal party to take on the beasts themselves.

In regards to E4 and legendaries, I've obtained all three Musketeers and only beaten the E4 once. IIRC I obtained them all afterwards, but I might have obtained my first one beforehand. Either way, you don't need to beat the E4 to refresh them. I've heard 12 hours and that sounds about right to what I've done, but we can't be sure on that right now.

Beating the E4 seemed to do the trick for the Beasts as Raikou showed up, but no dice for the Muskedeers for Lake Guardians. :/
Odd. A glitch, perhaps? A lot of my friends and myself can't get them to respawn.

The Ho-oh and Lugia needed to reach Trackless Forest do NOT need to be from ORAS. I'm sitting here in Trackless Forest right now with a HGSS Ho-oh and Lugia.

Also Trackless forest does not disappear once you open it, at least initially. I just tested it by depositing Lugia and keeping only Ho-oh in the party, so feel free to open it up then grab your normal party to take on the beasts themselves.

In regards to E4 and legendaries, I've obtained all three Musketeers and only beaten the E4 once. IIRC I obtained them all afterwards, but I might have obtained my first one beforehand. Either way, you don't need to beat the E4 to refresh them. I've heard 12 hours and that sounds about right to what I've done, but we can't be sure on that right now.
Its been over 48 hours and neither the Musketeer trio or the Lake trio have respawned.

Karxrida

You don't need both to activate it, and it does go away if you don't have one in your party.

Odd. A glitch, perhaps? A lot of my friends and myself can't get them to respawn.

Its been over 48 hours and neither the Musketeer trio or the Lake trio have respawned.
Whatever it is, it's fucking annoying. I want Azelf so I can go grab Palkia. >:(

Karxrida

Okay, need some help here because my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Did Zinnia ever mention anything about a dead daughter?

Karxrida

No, but her monologue about Aster did sound like it was her mother or loved one.
Yeah that's what I thought. I watched that part in shofu's playthrough again to doublecheck, and she doesn't mention anything about a daughter.

Another question. Did she come across as someone who wanted to die via indirect means (i.e. Rayquaza gets her killed somehow)?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Yeah that's what I thought. I watched that part in shofu's playthrough again to doublecheck, and she doesn't mention anything about a daughter.

Another question. Did she come across as someone who wanted to die via indirect means (i.e. Rayquaza gets her killed somehow)?
Not sure. It was pretty clear to me that she was okay with dying for the greater good, but not that she wanted to. It's perfectly possible, even if not intended by Game Freak, considering Aster is dead and she wanted to--

Wait now that I think of it, we didn't need to ride Rayquaza lol. That was added only for the cool factor.

Can I just note that for once I'm glad that Gamefreak ignored semi-fitting flavor for abilities. The first thing I pictured when I heard Hoopa-Unbound was Hoopa with Unburden, and that scared me immensely.

On another note, what Legendaries want 4th Gen moves, like Lati@s w/ Defog? I'm gonna prioritize those that don't to SR first.

Karxrida

Can I just note that for once I'm glad that Gamefreak ignored semi-fitting flavor for abilities. The first thing I pictured when I heard Hoopa-Unbound was Hoopa with Unburden, and that scared me immensely.

On another note, what Legendaries want 4th Gen moves, like Lati@s w/ Defog? I'm gonna prioritize those that don't to SR first.
Giratina wants Defog too, but that's it.

Any opinions on this Raikou?

31/x/30-31/31/15/31 hidden power ice.

Is hp ice important enough to let the special defense slide?

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Any opinions on this Raikou?

31/x/30-31/31/15/31 hidden power ice.

Is hp ice important enough to let the special defense slide?
Toss. At least, at level 100, you're looking at 16 points of Special Defense lower than if it were 31, which is probably enough to turn some 2HKOs into OHKOs and 3HKOs into 2HKOs. Having the Defense stats a few points below perfect is tolerable, but an IV of 15 is just a bit low.

You definitely do want HP Ice, though. Try going for at least x/x/x/31/31/31; from there, you just need to make sure HP and Defense are high enough (and that you actually have HP Ice; this would be odd/even/even/odd/odd/odd, even/odd/even/odd/odd/odd that I can think of off the top of my head)

So I just beat the E4 in Alpha Sapphire! Amazing game, definitely my favourite of the series. I especially loved Team Aqua (Archie is the best villain ever) and all the lore in Hoenn; things like this just give the game so much character!

If anyone cares, my final (pre-Delta) team is below.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow -> Lightning Rod
Nature: Jolly
-Grass Pledge
-Leaf Blade
-Swords Dance
-X-Scissor

Sceptile, although being my starter, was pretty average throughout the run. He was generally my go-to mon when nothing else on my team could deal with a threat. I am definitely replacing X-Scissor with EQ and Grass Pledge with Acrobatics though. One thing to note is that to make the run more challenging, I did not allow myself to Mega Evolve Sceptile until the Pokemon League. I also like Sceptile's base form a lot better, if that matters.

Skye (Salamence) @ nothing
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: no idea
-Draco Meteor
-Crunch
-Flamethrower
-Substitute

Despite joining the team just before the E4, Skye has definitely pulled his weight. Substitute was surprisingly useful: in the E4, I could often set it up against a defensive mon, and then having some insurance when a heavy hitter comes out to play. Furthermore, if it wasn't for Intimidate, Steven's Mega Metagross would have swept my entire team. That thing is just so OP. Well done, Skye, you saved the day.

Sir Gallade (Gallade) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Steadfast
Nature: Modest
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Psycho Cut
-Night Slash

I don't care what the in-game tier list says; Sir Gallade was the undisputed MVP of my run. Although I did grind in Super Training for a Dawn Stone and use the Heart Scales from the Demo to get early Close Combat, it was well worth it. Gallade absolutely demolished Flannery, Norman, Phoebe, Glacia, and half of Steven's team with +2 Close Combats. The Modest Nature kind of sucks (especially since I had an Adamant Ralts in the box but didn't realize it until I had already invested a ton of XP into this one), but really, this is ingame.

Venus (Milotic) [F] @ Sea Incense
Ability: Competitive
Nature: Naive
-Ice Beam
-Recover
-Surf
-Hidden Power Grass

Milotic was just so much fun to use. I had the luck to get a Naive, Competitive, HP Grass Feebas, which made Venus the perfect Pokemon to kick Team Aqua's butt. Venus also gets honourable mention for sweeping Drake with Ice Beam spam, combined with turning his Salamence's Intimidate against it. Although Gallade was the MVP, Venus was the most enjoyable mon to battle with. She is also, I'm sure, a future Beauty contest star.

Mantisaurus (Armaldo) @ Metronome
Ability: Battle Armour
Nature: not sure (but it was -Atk)
-Rock Slide
-Aerial Ace
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake

A very unorthodox choice, I used Armaldo because I just wanted to try something new. Initially, Armaldo abused the very gimmicky Fury Cutter + Metronome, where Fury Cutter is just a 40BP move on the first turn, but jumps to something like 120 in the next. Eventually, I replaced it with X-Scissor because I wanted more immediate power. Beyond that, Armaldo was very slow and very bulky, and hit like a truck. He also put in major work against Sidney. A true bro. He did, however, get fully paralyzed 4 times in a row (1/256 chance!) against May's Raichu and was thus unable to OHKO with Earthquake, so that was sort of embarrassing.

Billy Bird (Swellow) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Guts
Nature: Bold
-Brave Bird
-Return
-Facade
-U-turn

mrw no toxic orb
Named after Billy Bishop, a Canadian WWI ace, Billy Bird hit hard and fast. Generally, he was my lead, and I would U-turn out if the matchup was unfavourable or go for Brave Bird/Return if it was. And yes, I did indeed spend 2 hours looking for a Brave Bird Taillow. And no, I do not regret it one bit. Sadly, never once was Billy Bird poisoned/burned, so he never got to show his true power. Ah well.

My post-game to-do list:
-Complete the Delta Episode
-Bank all my competitively trained Pokemon from X
-SR for every legend in the game
-Complete the contests

Last edited:

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Armaldo bros \m/

I hate the selection in Hoenn so I brought over two random mons from X. I like to use random mons for my runthrough because when else am I going to use most of those fun mons at length? Taking a break to collect some Pokemon for my in-game run proved fortuitous because the first Swirlix egg I got hatched shiny. With HA and viable IV spread.

Anyways, I finished with Sceptile / Slurpuff / Rapidash / Armaldo. Took less time than X but my softresetting adventure was short and I gave up on 100% clear. I admit I had a small tear on the ending credits; seeing my Pokemon grow up and reminding me of all the adventures we had together was very touching. Especially seeing Treecko / Swirlix / Ponyta / Anorith and then the final scene where I beat Steven with a Mega Sceptile. It's little moments like those that immerse me so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)