XY OU Bunt. [Peaked #10]

Scotti

we back.
BUNT.

Yo Smogon. This is scotti and I bring you a team I used when mega mence was still usable :(

Now that I have no way to peak the ladder really fast, I decided that I might as well rmt my team. I really don't have much to talk about, except that mega mence is broken asfuq, and needed to go. Also my alt is OnceUpon which is the account I use on Pokemon Online. Follow on there if you will. Anyway onto the teambuilding process.

Team Building
This will be pretty fast. I started off with mega mence + magnezone.

Then I went on the PO usage stats and took the top 4 most used mons lel

I told you it was going to be fast. I really just got bored and just threw some crap together. Some how it worked? Probably because mega mence is a broken piece of shit.

The Team

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm

I must honestly say that heatran is my favorite mon on this team. Even though this team was built to abuse magnezone and mega mence, heatran truly was my favorite pokemon to use. It was mostly thanks to this set. I usually lead with heatran when my opponent has a rotom-w or something that I can set stealth rocks on. If they have a heatran on there team I usually lead with my own tran to do major damage with earth power. If they have rotom-w I lead with tran to solarbeam. If they have lando-t I usually lead with my rotom-w. If they have mamoswine I also lead with rotom-w. If they have empoleon I usually lead with rotom-w to volt switch into magnezone. I just lead with heatran if I think are going to lead with a water type, or anything that heatran can defeat.

The ev's arent anything special, as I am bad with ev spread. However I certainly love the power and speed that this heatran set gives.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-w is a huge part in this teams success, as it let me take on the most broken mon in the tier mega mence. Mega mence usually sets up all over rotom-w. However with a tiny change to rotom-w moveset, you have one of the most consistent stops to mega mence. Hp ice allows me to do around 70% to mega mence. This amount keeps mega mence from subbing, and forces it to roost over and over. Hp Ice obv has more PP, but if you predict a roost you can also burn it. Rotom-w is also a huge part of this teams volt-turn core, and allows me to trap mons like empoleon and ferrothorn. Rotom-w is also a great stop to talonflame, and a decent switch in to greninja.

The ev spread is standard on rotom-w, and lets defeat belly drum azumarill (which rekts my team).

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Landorus-t is also another important mon in this team. Landorus-T helps me against fighting mons like Mega Gallade and Mega Lopunny. Without Lando-t I believe that mega lopunny 6-0s me lel. I usually bring in lando-t on predicted fighting moves, and then u-turn into rotom-w on the ice punch. Now that they are -1, they switch out allowing to volt switch. As you can tell I grab a lot of momentum when fighting those teams. Stone Edge helps against zapdos, and knock off helps me take down more defensive mons.

I use this ev spread, because I don't know any other lel.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

Greninja is pretty darn good in this meta. On this team greninja is my third favorite mon, because of how amzaing broken it is. Like does this thing even have any counters? I have ran into tentacruel, and I usually win by weakening it. Tentacruel has no reliable recovery, so weakening it is pretty darn easy. Mostly because tentacruel is a spinner, so everytime I get up rocks it has to come in and spin. Empolean just dies to magnezone. Gunk shot is for faries, and getting rid of them makes mega mence sweeps even easier.

The ev spread is for gunk shot, and lets it do something. I don't know? I just heard that its a good spread.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

We all know magnezone is important, as it get rids of any steels that try to stop my mega mences sweep. Magnezone also helps against zapdos as it walls it, and tbolt and volt switch do a lot. I usually use rocks + my volt-turn core to defeat zapdos, and allow mega mence to sweep. Knock off from lando-t also helps get rid of shed shell, and allows magnezone to trap them. Magnezone alos hits fairly hard which is really nice. Finally magnezone is one of my only to fairy and dragon switch ins.

I just run this spread because its the only spread I know :3

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Substitute

Last but not least, you have the mon this team was built around. Mega Salamence is a broken piece of shit. This monster deserved the ban hammer. However I must say that I loved abusing the fuck out of this thing. The entire structure of this team, allows this thing to get the easiest sweep of its life. Its base form is also nice, because it gives intimidate drops which is helpful overall. I like its type, because it allows me to switch into fighting mons. I ran this set since it was the most used. I was giving stone edge some thought, thanks to zapdos being a fgt.Howver I really don't know if I should.

Anyway as you can tell, I just threw a spread on there.

Conclusion

I had a really fun run with this team, and it was nice to try mega mence out. However it is gone :( Now its time to tryout new megas like mega gallade or mega beedrill. I am not sad that this broken thing is gone, but I will still miss it. Anyway I hope you enjoyed my rmt, and you can try to find substitutes over mega mence. Enough of my rambling, and take care :]

P.S Feel free to point any error or spelling mistakes.​

Shoutout to: Volty and KlefkiHolder for trying the team.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
If your'e going to use Power Herb Solarbeam on Heatran you might as well give Magma Storm a shot on Heatran. This will allow you to eliminate the switch advantage of bulky water types such as Rotom-W and Slowbro with no hassle and eliminate them more easily.

Scotti

we back.
If your'e going to use Power Herb Solarbeam on Heatran you might as well give Magma Storm a shot on Heatran. This will allow you to eliminate the switch advantage of bulky water types such as Rotom-W and Slowbro with no hassle and eliminate them more easily.
Ye i was running that, but someone said it wasn't worth it. I usually switch back in forth, but I like magma storm a little better now that I think about it. I will add it back :3

EDIT: Also someone recommended D dance altaria over mega mence, so I am going to test that also.

Pent

dumb broad
Ye i was running that, but someone said it wasn't worth it. I usually switch back in forth, but I like magma storm a little better now that I think about it. I will add it back :3

EDIT: Also someone recommended D dance altaria over mega mence, so I am going to test that also.
A good DDance altaria set.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure - Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamamt/Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Return/Frustration

I have a quick question. What was the point of running jolly 252atk/252spe. I'm assuming it's to beat most of the other mega salamences, since they most likely ran bulkier spread with less speed investment. I'm wondering if there was any other reason behind it and/or if it was worth it. Fuck salamence though.

Pent

dumb broad
I have a quick question. What was the point of running jolly 252atk/252spe. I'm assuming it's to beat most of the other mega salamences, since they most likely ran bulkier spread with less speed investment. I'm wondering if there was any other reason behind it and/or if it was worth it. Fuck salamence though.
Clarify what you're talking about before asking a question.

I said the same thing with Altaria, so yes. It is.
Wtf does alataria have to do with the reasoning behind running 252/252 mega mence over bulkier spread prior to the action of banning mega mence? The other guy's question has nothing to do with altaria. it simply questioned the merit of maximizing speed/attack for mega salamence.

Ok, I get it. I was wrong. I was confused.
Just drop the subject.
ummm...ok?

So scotti i can safely say that Sub is total ass on Salamence, I had to swap it to earthquake because sub was only useful 1/5 of the time. Mainly due to the meta being so very offensive and also even with sub you cannot touch its counters (Think zappy ect.) On another note, using that heatran set was sheer bliss. The ragequits and instant wins that this set gave me was off the fucking charts really nicely done with that find. This team is also disgustingly weak to other greninjas if they can weaken rotom, normally the only way I beat them was with some clever switching and revenging them with Lando-Doge, but its now an outdated team so theres no use changing it eh? But if you WERE to change it I'd go something else > Lando-D and make Magnezone a Scarf Magneton to take some of that pressure off While still trapping steels. In fact with the altaria switch and changing that I think the team could peak the ladder again if you really wanted to.
Anyway I love u bro (no homo?) Thanks for the shoutout and for the best mence team I have used! Ps sick song I'm going to look more into that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)