Ubers is now a tier; a new Metagame called Anything Goes is added; M-Ray is banned from Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
For the longest time, I've wanted Ubers to become a legitimate tier with at least a semblance of balance. I didn't have much interest in 6th gen Ubers because I found the metagame distasteful (read: unbalanced/broken) and the lack of recognition for the TIER :D to be discouraging. I'm looking forward to playing around with ORAS Ubers, and if I can get invested in Pokemon again, getting back into GP work for the best tier. I want my ladybug back! >:) I'm really hoping that Ubers gets cleaned up to some degree - I personally feel that there are some overly broken elements. Anyways, I love this news, and I'm not touching AG with a ten foot pole lmao.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I just want to clarify that, like Jibaku said, this is not an excuse to call for things to be banned from Ubers willy-nilly. We will still be committed to preserving as few bans as possible, so long as we maintain a playable competitive metagame. I think it's obvious to most everyone that Mega Rayquaza is on an entirely different level of power compared to everything else, and is a special case.

I would say RIP Mega Rayquaza, but this isn't so much death as it is ascension to godhood.

Dang, I had wanted to try out Mega-Ray in Ubers. Still a bit iffy on the decision to ban mega-quaza since it goes against ubers philosophy yadayada (as previously mentioned.) But, I guess that's what AG is for. I'm assuming if we get enough pokemon that manage to get into Mega-Quaza's power bracket that it could return to Ubers (assuming GF is crazy enough to do something like this multiple times lol?) Or is it just wishful thinking at this point?

I do agree to an extent that this was kinda hastily made, but at the same time there's only so much testing that needs to be done to see how broken some things are. Hi Salamence. But anyway, despite the fact that Fireburn says Ubers will still keep the philosophy of preserving as few bans as possible, it'll be interesting to see what actually gets put on the chopping block and tested now that it's actually a tier. I feel like if this decision was made a few months ago, Mega-Gengar would be gone as well.

Good change though \o/

Dang, I had wanted to try out Mega-Ray in Ubers. Still a bit iffy on the decision to ban mega-quaza since it goes against ubers philosophy yadayada (as previously mentioned.) But, I guess that's what AG is for. I'm assuming if we get enough pokemon that manage to get into Mega-Quaza's power bracket that it could return to Ubers (assuming GF is crazy enough to do something like this multiple times lol?) Or is it just wishful thinking at this point?
Well some Ubers went down to OU but it took usually a generation or two. Celebi OU in gen 3, Mew and the Latis gen 5, Excadrill gen 6.

I always personally liked the idea of Ubers being OU with all the Pokemon. Felt fun and crazy. I can see how this decision came about. Makes sense in the end. Hopefully it will be only for a generation or two with more stall heavy Ubers to come into play.

AG does seem interesting but I am reminded that "rules and restrictions promot creativity". I will probably avoid that meta.

As long as Ubers remains a fun tier, I guess my own issues with it will diminish.

Would making a no-items complex ban of Mega Ray really solve the problem?
It loses a bunch of OHKOs without an item, but it's still tanky enough to live through some of the hardest hits in Ubers and cripple in return. No, it wouldn't really help.

yea, I was expecting itemless m-ray, but über should still stay broken at a good level, idea is that you only ban shit that is too much ubers

wait for DPPt remakes, we get mega arceus

new move, god of destruction, 150 BP normal no resists or immunities, boosts all stats by +1

Backed up by primal palkia and dialga (already exists in mystery dungeon)

gg ubers

If we're getting an "Anything Goes" tier for Gen 6, can we get the same for the previous generations? I'd love to try some of the other gens without Smogon Clauses.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
yea, I was expecting itemless m-ray, but über should still stay broken at a good level, idea is that you only ban shit that is too much ubers

wait for DPPt remakes, we get mega arceus

new move, god of destruction, 150 BP normal no resists or immunities, boosts all stats by +1

Backed up by primal palkia and dialga (already exists in mystery dungeon)

gg ubers
Primal Dialga is not the same kind of Primal, as its Japanese title can be translated differently (Dark Dialga).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)