Media Metalheads Thread III

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Finally got around to listening to the new Lord Mantis from earlier this year (after getting it months ago...), and holy fuck, that's some filthy sludge right there.

Mayak - Allegiance To None
https://iheartmayak.bandcamp.com/album/allegiance-to-none

Sometime last year I pretty randomly stumbled upon, then subsequently linked in this thread, a 4 song demo of a German band called Mayak, who's music was an interesting blend of sludge, black metal, death metal and hardcore. For whatever reason this band has pretty much zero hype, which is odd because I think they're quite good. Since then they've repackaged that demo into an EP, and now they're out with their official first album. It's on the (very) short side, but I personally have no problems with that. Good stuff once again from a band who IMO should be getting far more recognition.

Mayak - Allegiance To None
https://iheartmayak.bandcamp.com/album/allegiance-to-none

Sometime last year I pretty randomly stumbled upon, then subsequently linked in this thread, a 4 song demo of a German band called Mayak, who's music was an interesting blend of sludge, black metal, death metal and hardcore. For whatever reason this band has pretty much zero hype, which is odd because I think they're quite good. Since then they've repackaged that demo into an EP, and now they're out with their official first album. It's on the (very) short side, but I personally have no problems with that. Good stuff once again from a band who IMO should be getting far more recognition.
that looks great.

here's what i'm listening to right now and it's phenomenal:

I've been listening to a lot of Woods of Ypres lately
also Brutal Truth's first album,Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses
new At The Gates album is good
anyone here like slam?

Last edited:

Got their debut album today in the mail (along with an album art t-shirt that came with the package). Listening right now, killer trad. heavy metal.

Ordered Manilla Road's first seven albums on CD (The Shadow Kingdom Records remastered reissue CDs) a few days ago, they should be arriving this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. So stoke to listen to them. I usually tend to avoid remasters after my experience with the Megadeth and Judas Priest ones, but I feel Shadow Kingdom Records do a good job with them. Favorite Manilla Road album? I hate to be generic, but gonna go with Crystal Logic. I'll possibly change my answer when I'm listening to my physical copies nonstop though.

i've only heard 2 albums from the road so i don't know them that well but i liked crystal logic. it's definitely good, however i think open the gates one-ups it a little.

Yeah i saw that pop up the othrr day, hope to get to it this week. Tbqh i haven't really liked much of his recent output. :/

I dunno, the live with Intronaut wasn't bad imo.
did they release a recording of that? must have slipped through my filters.

i'm still fucking furious that the first two dates of that tour, the two i could have gone to, were Tesseract only.

i will never not be furious about that.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
did they release a recording of that? must have slipped through my filters.

i'm still fucking furious that the first two dates of that tour, the two i could have gone to, were Tesseract only.

i will never not be furious about that.
It's on Bandcamp, although there isn't a download link there. Of course, since the internet exists, I'm sure there are ways to download it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)