New/Creative movesets - Little Cup edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I've seen Bulk Up Riolu and it's actually pretty fun, but why Reversal? It's really unlikely that you'll get to just the point where Reversal does the perfect amount of damage, since the opponent will likely be going for 2HKOs with special moves, so it seems as if Drain Punch would be the better option for a more prolonged sweep compared to the usual Swords Dance set. High Jump Kick would also probably be more reliable (that feels really weird to say) if it's raw damage you're looking for.

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If riolu is using bulk up, he'll want to be semi bulky, so reversal seems kind of counter productive. Drain punch would probably be the better option tbh b/c recovery

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Pokemon Name:Amaura :O
Moveset Name: Chople Berry
Move 1: Hyper Beam
Move 2: Thunder Wave
Move 3: Nature Power
Move 4: Hidden Power [Fighting]
Item: Chople Berry
Ability: Refrigerate
Nature(s): Modest
EVs: 60 HP / 200 Def / 224 SpA / 16 SpD

So I got bored, and decided that I would try and play around with Amaura a bit more, since it is my favorite Pokemon. This set is really cool, as it works as a lure for a lot of things like Timburr, or Croagunk, or even Mienfoo. Basically, it turns things like Timburr or Mienfoo from counters, to being just checks, and risky checks. It's a one for one scenario, which is kinda good considering you are taking out a top tier check for something like your Carvanha in the wings, or Scraggy. You can still adapt, however, to just checking things like Dazzling Gleam Misdreavus or non HP Fight Abra, however you lose out on the wonderous opportunity that is to beat Mienfoo one on one. With a Chople Berry, you don't have to worry about things like Misdreavus coming in to ruin your fun with an 81% chance to OHKO. You can straight Thunder Wave it and cripple it. Things like Timburr hate switching in, as they are KOed by a wombo combo of Nature Power + Hyper Beam, or 2x Nature Power if you have a layer of spikes from your based af Chespin. All in all, Chople Berry is a cool item, and can definitely lead to unpredictabillity in the metagame if you play well. Hopefully this post spurs some innovation to try new things that can take on the metagame, like Chople Berry Amaura :o

240 SpA Misdreavus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 60 HP / 16 SpD Chople Berry Amaura: 12-16 (48 - 64%) -- 96.5% chance to 2HKO

224+ SpA Refrigerate Amaura Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 22-27 (104.7 - 128.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

224+ SpA Refrigerate Amaura Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 12-15 (57.1 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

236 Atk Mienfoo Drain Punch vs. 60 HP / 200 Def Chople Berry Amaura: 20-26 (80 - 104%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

0 Atk Mienfoo Drain Punch vs. 60 HP / 200 Def Chople Berry Amaura: 18-24 (72 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

224+ SpA Refrigerate Amaura Nature Power vs. 156 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 9-12 (39.1 - 52.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

224+ SpA Refrigerate Amaura Hyper Beam vs. 156 HP / 196 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 16-21 (69.5 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196+ Atk Timburr Mach Punch vs. 60 HP / 200 Def Chople Berry Amaura: 14-18 (56 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

224+ SpA Refrigerate Amaura Nature Power vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Timburr: 10-13 (41.6 - 54.1%) -- 59.4% chance to 2HKO

224+ SpA Refrigerate Amaura Hyper Beam vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Timburr: 18-22 (75 - 91.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Corphish @ Choice Band/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Level: 5
EVs: 12 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Switcheroo
- Aqua Jet
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Not rly new, but basically this thing comes in on something in like weakened wall like 70% porygon no evio, or a weakned spritzee, to kill with crabhammer. Foongus can switch in and become crippled and aqua jet is just there to pick off weakned threats. I have tried this for a while and its pretty much better then dancing sets or LO.

upload_2014-7-27_21-15-52.png

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up

Although this may seem outclassed by Timburr, this set really shines Late-Game. When Missy is gone, this thing can basically keep bulking up for gg, and it has u-turn to switch out of stuff it can't OHKO, this stops it from detracting momentum like Timburr can often do.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
View attachment 17719
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 116 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up

Although this may seem outclassed by Timburr, this set really shines Late-Game. When Missy is gone, this thing can basically keep bulking up for gg, and it has u-turn to switch out of stuff it can't OHKO, this stops it from detracting momentum like Timburr can often do.
Hi Bros
I tried using this set a fair bit in the past, and as an actual win condition, Timburr usually does it better due to Mach Punch; however, Mienfoo's higher speed can come in handy occasionally. From my experience, though, what really sets Mienfoo apart is its access to Baton Pass, allowing it to baton pass its boosts to a teammate in an unfavourable match-up, and possibly setting up a sweep; U-Turn simply gets rid of Mienfoo's boosts. In addition, I usually try to hit 14 Special Defense, noticeably increasing Mienfoo's special bulk and allowing it to tank both physical and special hits after a Bulk Up boost.
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 Atk / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Baton Pass
Opting to use the Atk EVs in HP can give Mienfoo a more supportive role by allowing it to focus more on passing its boosts.

Anyway, I can't seem to find a mention of Resttalk Tirtouga on here, even if it isn't super creative
Tirtouga @ Eviolite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpA / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Rock Slide
- Scald
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
The idea here is that Tirtouga's main drawback as a wall is its lack of recovery, leaving fairly easily worn down by the things it's trying to check/counter; Rest looks to alleviate this, while Sleep Talk ensures Tirtouga isn't complete set-up bait while asleep. Rock Slide and Scald are Tirtouga's STAB options; they actually provide nice neutral coverage while hitting on both sides of the spectrum, although these points are somewhat irrelevant given Tirtouga's fairly low offensive stats with a defensive spread. More importantly, if Scald burns and the opponent isn't Timburr, Tirtouga is rendered all but indestructible physically, especially in conjunction with Solid Rock weakening key Fighting- and Ground-type attacks. This set shares a similar niche to Resttalk Chinchou as a bulky water, although a combination of its greater physical bulk, lower special bulk, and a weakness instead of an immunity to electric-type attacks means it checks a slightly different set of Pokemon; whereas Chinchou handles Magnemite and opposing Chinchou far more easily, Tirtouga is fares slightly better against Diglett, Archen, and Larvesta.

Porygon @ Life Orb/Berry Juice
Ability: Download
EVs: 40 Def / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
-Agility
-Psychic/Shadow Ball
-Tri Attack
-HP Fighting

Okay, I know this may not be the first time you guys have seen this, but this set is quite underrated. After checks are weakened, Porygon can set up late game and function as an effective cleaner late game. Using a Timid nature and 200 Speed EVs, Porygon hits 28 speed after an agility, enough to outspeed some common scarfers. Psychic is used to hit bulky fighters, which tend to give Porygon problems, while Shadow Ball is a more reliable way to hit Missy. Tri Attack is STAB, and HP Fighting is used to hit Pawniard, who can wall you otherwise. Berry Juice increases longevity, while Life Orb increases damage output. There are a few downsides to this set, mainly being it is reliant on getting the SpA Download Boost and it has a bit of 4MSS. Overall though, it's a pretty good, unexpected set that I find to be quite effective late-game.

+1 240 SpA Life Orb Porygon Psychic vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Timburr: 26-31 (108.3 - 129.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 240 SpA Life Orb Porygon Psychic vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 23-29 (109.5 - 138%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 240 SpA Life Orb Porygon Shadow Ball vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Misdreavus: 29-34 (126 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 240 SpA Life Orb Porygon Shadow Ball vs. 36 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 18-23 (78.2 - 100%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
+1 240 SpA Life Orb Porygon Psychic vs. 124 HP / 160 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 23-29 (92 - 116%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Carvanha (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Thief

This is a really cool set, and credit goes to Kingmidas for telling me that Carvanha knew Thief. I had originally made a Sub Carvanha team during LCPL for its ability to beat things like Porygon if played well, and because Carvanha usually forces a ton of switches. SubThief loses some power so it cannot be played the exact same way as say, Life Orb Carvanha. You want to force a switch, so you can safely set up Substitute. From there, you want to just start hitting things, preferably until they break your substitute, so you can set up more. When you feel like you are about to completely die, you simply use Destiny Bond to single out any problem Mon.

Carvanha (M) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Thief

This is a really cool set, and credit goes to Kingmidas for telling me that Carvanha knew Thief. I had originally made a Sub Carvanha team during LCPL for its ability to beat things like Porygon if played well, and because Carvanha usually forces a ton of switches. SubThief loses some power so it cannot be played the exact same way as say, Life Orb Carvanha. You want to force a switch, so you can safely set up Substitute. From there, you want to just start hitting things, preferably until they break your substitute, so you can set up more. When you feel like you are about to completely die, you simply use Destiny Bond to single out any problem Mon.
This set looks like something I'd randomly make you make just to ruin stall lol.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
smd levi (Honedge) @ Berry Juice
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 Atk / 92 Def / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

BEHOLD THE ULTIMATE FOONGUS COUNTER! Giga Drain isn't doing much to Honedge, Sludge Bomb and HP Fighting can't even touch it, and Sleep Talk makes Spore rather useless. Berry Juice gives Honedge a means of recovery, Iron Head is good STAB, Shadow Sneak is for some STAB priority and Sacred Sword is to hit Pawniard.

After Foongus puts Honedge to sleep, the most common switch-in will be Pawniard, and hopefully you can nail that with a Sleep Talk Sacred Sword (which is hilarious if you pull it off).

Omanyte @ Berry Juice (or Life Orb)
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Surf

Weak Armor allows it to reach up to 21 speed, if it get hit by a physical attack (usually I switch into fletch), and outspeed the unboosted tier. The moveset is similar to it's SS set but instead of SS I put spikes because hazards tear down pokemons easily. LO variant is able to 2hko most of the tier. Just beware of prio fighting moves!

196 SpA Life Orb Omanyte Surf vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee: 12-16 (44.4 - 59.2%) -- 12.1% chance to 2HKO
196 SpA Life Orb Omanyte Surf vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 9-13 (34.6 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO

Attachments

Last edited:

doomsday doink

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dwebble @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 36 Atk / 236 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Rock Blast

New meta imo. Basically, this is a dedicated hazard lead that can work rather effectively. Commonly, the opponent will lead Mienfoo or some other mon to use Knock Off and "cripple" your Dwebble. BUT NO! That just makes it easier for Dwebble to set up hazards and make your opponent cry. EVs let it take a bunch of hits, even at -1/-2 Defense and the moves are pretty standard.

Last edited:

tcr

sage of six tabs
Porygon @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Trace
EVs: 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Recycle
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball

Basically I just spend my days thinking up things that can ruin stall teams. So this set is kinda self-explanatory, set up things that can't really do much to you and just start winning. Best as a mid game sweeper when things like Pawniard or Mienfoo have been lured out and killed. Recycle op please ban it.

Pawniard @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Substitute
- Thunder Wave

A fun set to use. It basically says "lel fuk u" to a lot of Pawn's checks. The idea behind this set is that Pawn forces a lot of switches, and Substitute capitalizes on that so you can get a free hit on the switchin (Sub+3 attacks is a decent set as well). You can utilize Pawniard's powerful Knock Off from behind the safety of the sub, or paralyze the opponent with Thunder Wave (an almost unseen move on Pawn). You cripple everything from Mienfoo to Scraggy to Trubbish to Shellos to Croagunk, and can actually end up beating them with some luck. Use Sub+BJ to fish for parahax, and Iron Head for paraflinch. Not the most consistent set in the world bc it's somewhat luck reliant, but it's fresh so whatever.

photo cred to Ecna i think

here's a whimsicott set i saw

whimsicott@berry juice
ablity: chlorophyll
move 1: substitute
move 2: stun spore
move 3: leech seed
move 4: U-turn
jolly nature
EVs 8 HP\248 ATK\252 SPE

doomsday doink

here's a whimsicott set i saw

whimsicott@berry juice
ablity: chlorophyll
move 1: substitute
move 2: stun spore
move 3: leech seed
move 4: U-turn
jolly nature
EVs 8 HP\248 ATK\252 SPE
Whimsicott isn't allowed in LC due to it being an evolution. If you mean Cottonee, the EVs are quite ineffective and the ability should most likely be Prankster. Also, this isn't really a new nor a creative set, as the most efficient version of this set is already included in the onsite analysis.

and...gulpin!

Gulpin @ Berry Juice
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Lonely Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Acid Spray
- Acid Armor
- giga drain

Two funnies set I've made in the past :

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spd
Naive Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power Grass

A weird set, but funny. The idea is "FUCK U ONIX". In the first turn, the Onix taunt most of the time. Knock Off.
Then, he put rocks, or he rock blast. If I survive, HP Grass.
Pretty fun, but really gimmick.

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Counter

It works. Counter allows to won almost always things like Foo.
0 Atk Mienfoo Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 76 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Timburr: 12-16 (48 - 64%) -- 96.5% chance to 2HKO

Counter 24 PV. Good bye foo.

200+ Atk Fletchling Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 76 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Timburr: 18-24 (72 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Counter 36 PV. lol.

Excellent gimmick thing imo, I play Timburr Counter in all of my teams.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Full credit goes to J_ohn76 for this set.

Inkay @ Eviolite
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 12 Def / 228 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Superpower

The ORAS Move Tutors were kind to Inkay and gave it Knock Off, the best move it could have asked for. Inkay is also blessed with Trick Room and a low Speed stat, meaning it can set up Trick Room itself and not lose a turn by switching into something, as its attacks give it perfect type coverage. Superpower gives Inkay boosts to its Attack and Defense, and after just one boost, its Psycho Cut OHKOes Mienfoo after Stealth Rock damage, and after two, it OHKOes bulky variants of Pancham and Timburr, while its Superpower OHKOes Ferroseed.

Last edited:
The main thing in ORAS is not Pancham, Inkay, Skrelp, Pumpkaboo...
No, it's this thing, only available since ORAS:

Bellsprout@ Petaya Berry
Ability : Chlorophyll
EV : 116 HP - 196 Special Attack - 196 Speed
Modest Nature

Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Belch
Endure

Epic Godness thing. But no prio pls :'(
Be Creative.

Calcs :

+1 196+ SpA Bellsprout Belch vs. 124 HP / 160 SpD Eviolite Foongus: 16-19 (64 - 76%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 196+ SpA Bellsprout Belch vs. 236 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon: 15-18 (57.6 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 196+ SpA Bellsprout Solar Beam vs. 76 HP / 76 SpD Archen: 27-33 (117.3 - 143.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 196+ SpA Bellsprout Belch vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Ponyta: 16-21 (76.1 - 100%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 196+ SpA Bellsprout Belch vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

nerfban this thing pls

And another cool thing :

Drilbur @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Shadow Claw
- Rapid Spin

Calc :

236 Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Drilbur Shadow Claw vs. 124 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Pumpkaboo-Super: 13-16 (54.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

No you can't switch on me, nasty pumpkin.
An interesting lure.

Last edited:

doomsday doink

Mega Rayquaza (Abra) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

22 Special Attack. Choice Specs. 18 Speed. Magic Guard. Psychic. Trick. GG everyone.

Last edited:
Mega Rayquaza (Abra) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

22 Special Attack. Choice Specs. 18 Speed. Magic Guard. Psychic. Trick. GG everyone.
Theres no point in running this over LO.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Theres no point in running this over LO.
I can see some merit in it. It can bluff LO decently well, and it's always an option if you want to screw over a defensive/physically offensive Pokemon. There's also the fact that it hits enormously hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)