Playoffs Smogon Tour 18 Playoffs - Finals [Won by Tesung]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, tesung took out DracoMalfoy, Bloo, and Soulwind all 2-0 including wins over DM in DPP and Bloo in BW (i.e. their best tiers that they play significantly better than the other 2 tiers of the series. I don't include the BW win over soulwind here because tesung had that crit that took the game from tossup to guaranteed win). Masterclass, though he's a great player, lucked his way through MCM and leftiez 2-1 and admittedly took a good series vs destiny device but if we are basing our predictions on this tour's performance alone, it's tesung by miles. Sweepage has a good pedigree of consistently strong performance in past tournaments and is obviously an incredible player but if we are looking at the most recent of recent history, I don't see how you can predict him to win over the monster that has overcome so many favorites to win this whole thing.

That being said, I am rooting most for an entertaining series. let's make this good, boys

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Even though we're good friends it took me a while to actually believe Tesung could win this tour. But after taking out three of the strongest players all in a row I don't think there's anyone who can say he doesn't deserve this trophy. LGI Tesung, time to achieve!

CrashinBoomBang

außerirdisch, anunnaki
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
don't forget tesungs ability to mysteriously make all his opponents choke in ridiculous fashion while masterclass had to contend with mcmeghan playing at his absolute best. the nigga literally said "i don't regret anything i did in those three games". you can't compare the way mcmeghan played to the way most of the other people played in this tour. i don't think there's much else you can do when a player like mcmeghan plays at his absolute best other than playing at your best as well and hoping that the pokegods are with you

"it's tesung by miles" is just a tiny little bit of an overstatement don't you think.

not trying to call out tesung here, I got nothing against him and he has shown that he's obviously a good player but good lord lol

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
We all know guys that the most deserving will be decided in these last games ;)

Let's just hope they'll be good !

Good luck to both players, as long as I don't have to watch someone playing RMTs or teams that were played 2 years ago by someone else, I'll be happy.

"tesung by miles" is an overstatement but in the finals of a smogon tour, it's unlikely you could say *anyone* by miles without it being an overstatement. he is still 6-0 in playoffs with less luck than masterclass has had, and with only 1 of those 6 games in XY his best tier. y'all are sleeping real hard on this man

Masterclass said:
Stathakis, you really are a dumbass. If you think I haxed Leftiez to win.. you're a clueless ass motherfucker. I got a miss that helped me, but that was it. He was not in a position to win the game at all, and even had he hit i would've still had the advantage. If Leftiez himself never complained about hax costing him anything why is your ass talking? It's probably the salt from choking against xray. Just because your ass isn't good enough to make it to a play off doesn't mean you go and mindlessly discredit anyone's success. Tesung's impressed everyone we all agree. He's a good player we all acknowledge it. He did really well to get here. But to say that I had more luck than him is absolute horse shit. The one person I lucked was McMeghan in that XY OU match. Tesung on the other hand got a thunder miss vs bloo, got a para vs soulwind in dpp and then got a crit in bw. Not to mention DracoMalfoy was not the DracoMalfoy we know. He clearly played like LordNinjax in his prime and tesung was good enough to take advantage of it. So don't come and try to spit your bullshit because no one gives a fuck.

No ones sleeping on Tesung, everyone including myself acknowledge what he's done. You should stop sleeping with tesung. dick riding mother fucker.
Edit :
Stathakis said:
I don't include the BW win over soulwind here because tesung had that crit that took the game from tossup to guaranteed win).
I don't want to argue, but you're totally wrong, the crit on ttar was not realy mattered since after Sr + power whip, ttar couldnt take any DM from Tios LO, so in both case soulwind couldnt avoid the latios sweep, then tesung could just setup spikes with ferro to prevent it from coming again. Nah pls don't be wrong at this point, soulwind had lost since he sent ttar in which was a bad plays.

Last edited:
Stathakis, you really are a dumbass. If you think I haxed Leftiez to win.. you're a clueless ass motherfucker. I got a miss that helped me, but that was it. He was not in a position to win the game at all, and even had he hit i would've still had the advantage. If Leftiez himself never complained about hax costing him anything why is your ass talking? It's probably the salt from choking against xray. Just because your ass isn't good enough to make it to a play off doesn't mean you go and mindlessly discredit anyone's success.
sorry, I mis-remembered the BW game and thought the miss mattered more than you say it did.

masterclass said:
Tesung's impressed everyone we all agree. He's a good player we all acknowledge it. He did really well to get here. But to say that I had more luck than him is absolute horse shit. The one person I lucked was McMeghan in that XY OU match. Tesung on the other hand got a thunder miss vs bloo, got a para vs soulwind in dpp and then got a crit in bw.
tesung also got confused + hit himself on the terrakion that gets a kill every time it comes in vs bloo's team, stopping him from quickly revenge killing the biggest threat bloo had. I think the luck was even but you're free to argue

the chance of hitting 9 thunderbolts on a skarmory without a single one paralyzing is 38%. re: the crit on soulwind in bw I quote leftiez:
leftiez said:
I don't want to argue, but you're totally wrong, the crit on ttar was not realy mattered since after Sr + power whip, ttar couldnt take any DM from Tios LO, so in both case soulwind couldnt avoid the latios sweep, then tesung could just setup spikes with ferro to prevent it from coming again. Nah pls don't be wrong at this point, soulwind had lost since he sent ttar in which was a bad plays.
personally I thought the crit mattered anyway but to each his own.

masterclass said:
Not to mention DracoMalfoy was not the DracoMalfoy we know. He clearly played like LordNinjax in his prime and tesung was good enough to take advantage of it. So don't come and try to spit your bullshit because no one gives a fuck.
it sounds like you give enough of a fuck to write your long post and make someone else post it, at the very least

No ones sleeping on Tesung, everyone including myself acknowledge what he's done. You should stop sleeping with tesung. dick riding mother fucker.
I got a lot of respect for you, I just wanted to say the good things tesung has also done in this tour as I think he did better than people give him credit for. sorry we disagree about that

Last edited:

SoulWind

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis the 6th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 32 Championwon the 9th Official Ladder Tournamentis a defending SPL Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Edit :

having tyranitar alive is already a joy to let me sacrifice it later and pressure ferrothorn to switch out, so for example, my subgliscor can come in later

i mean tesung played really well along the series but can we be smart for once lol

soulwind u played close to perfectly in DPP. it was cool to watch you keep yourself in the game when faced with a close to impossible match-up. 9 times out of 10 tesung wins that game on autopilot. you held ur own in the spikes war, where you didn't have a skarmory who could force starmie to recover, and had a tyranitar you couldn't risk. and then when u were faced with perhaps the last pokemon you wanted to see, you managed to hold off its sweep for as long as possible, and almost prevented it...

destiny device u played kind of bad but congrats on the run

if tesung wins then he will probably have had the toughest run a tour victor has ever had, even if malfoy was pretty terrible in his series.

but he has to get past masterclass, who will gunning for his first victory since his infamous marriland tower win in 2010...

don't mind who wins. tesung has incontestably been the best performer this smogon tour so there's no question he deserves it, and sweep is a long time friend/rival who has been trying to win this for a long time... hoping for a tight series!!

having tyranitar alive is already a joy to let me sacrifice it later and pressure ferrothorn to switch out, so for example, my subgliscor can come in later

i mean tesung played really well along the series but can we be smart for once lol
Why tesung would sacced ferrothorn when gliscor is still alive, it doesnt make sense to me, i like you dude and im not saying that you're bad or what, but tbh when you sent ttar in you basically gave the win to tesung, and i don't see how he could lose after this. well anyways i wont talk again gl and gg SW it's still an amazing run

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Games over. Leftiez u been around long time, u know this convo not going anyware. ^_^

Go sweep. Id like u 2 get troph.

Masterclass

I havn't played that well in tournaments since New Kids on the Block, but your negativity is the reason I'm actually half decent now. Take the trophy you have deserved all these years.

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
don't forget tesungs ability to mysteriously make all his opponents choke in ridiculous fashion while masterclass had to contend with mcmeghan playing at his absolute best. the nigga literally said "i don't regret anything i did in those three games". you can't compare the way mcmeghan played to the way most of the other people played in this tour. i don't think there's much else you can do when a player like mcmeghan plays at his absolute best other than playing at your best as well and hoping that the pokegods are with you

"it's tesung by miles" is just a tiny little bit of an overstatement don't you think.

not trying to call out tesung here, I got nothing against him and he has shown that he's obviously a good player but good lord lol
Sounds bitter to me. Dare I say there's a hint of jealousy there too.

TESUNG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)