Stat-Preference

Stat Preference

Credit to RareCandyTreatment for art.

Stat Preference is a metagame with a simple concept. In this metagame, if a Pokemon is shiny, it's attack and special attack awap, along with it's defense and special defense! For example, Keldeo goes from

This: 91 HP / 72 Atk / 90 Def / 129 SpA / 90 SpD / 108 Spe

to

This: 91 HP / 129 Atk / 90 Def / 72 SpA / 90 SpD / 108 Spe

The point of this is to diversify the metagame by allowing Pokemon to choose how their stats are biased, creating optimized sets. This in turn leads to a metagame which would be potentially based off of the degree of stats, and not the bias of them, allowing Pokemon with high stats in the wrong places to really shine.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Landorus-I might like this metagame for the boost to its Special Attack. Not that 115 is bad, just 125 is better. Defiant Thundurus-I could be funny. Azumarill gets a bit more Attack. Maybe special Garchomp could be funny too.

Also reverse SkarmBliss amirite?

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
This metagame looks pretty cool as you can still have the previous stats if you prefer that. A set I think might be cool:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Mega Sceptile is awesome, but outside of predicting the electric move or using baton pass, it has no way to boost its special attack. Its physical movepool still gives him dual stab and good coverage in Earthquake, while still having the option to boost your attack stat

Chansey + Shiny Blissey seems cool too. As one can be a cleric and the other support (Stealth Rock + Wish) while they can just switch between each other for a physical tank or a special tank

Also, Shiny Kyurem-B = Kyurem-W and I think this thing might be too OP

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Last edited:
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Special Weavile is a potentially cool set with a lot of sweeping power. It loses the utility of Knock Off, but gains a lot more power for its STABS and can sweep through Nasty Plot. The biggest difference this has to normal Weavile is that it's STAB moves are a lot stronger and the ability to run a strong fighting move. It's still weak as hell to priority, though.

Edit:

Yeah, it's probably going to go. I want to wait until I'm able to test it before banning, though. Also, it doesn't learn fusion flare.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Fun stuff

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast / Ice Beam

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Zen Headbutt
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Fire Punch

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Signal Beam / Etc
- Vacuum Wave

Latios (M) @ Life Orb / Latiosite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt / Whatever your little heart desires

(they're all shiny)

Just random fun stuff I thought of. Gyarados and Gallade both have amazing special movepools and a nice 165 Special Attack (Gallade also has a nice Speed tier and STAB priority). Gardevoir I think will be awesome because of the sheer power of her Return (more powerful than her Hyper Voice!!) and good coverage options in the Elemental Punches and Shadow Sneak. Latios will make a nifty Dragon Dance sweeper with his decent base 130 Attack and absolutely great 110 Speed, which with a Dragon Dance, outspeeds almost everything (if not everything).

Shiny Latios gets high attack with dragon claw+zen headbutt+dragon dance

Im gonna love this meta

also a mega

Last edited by a moderator:
Weavile @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Special Weavile is a potentially cool set with a lot of sweeping power. It loses the utility of Knock Off, but gains a lot more power for its STABS and can sweep through Nasty Plot. The biggest difference this has to normal Weavile is that it's STAB moves are a lot stronger and the ability to run a strong fighting move. It's still weak as hell to priority, though.

Edit:

Yeah, it's probably going to go. I want to wait until I'm able to test it before banning, though. Also, it doesn't learn fusion flare.
With kyube being potentially borked, will there be some clause with unbanning (only) shiny Kyu-W?

Physical Greninja looks really pretty good, with Shadow Sneak, Water Shuriken, Waterfall, Gunk Shot, Ice Punch, Rock Slide, and U-turn at its disposal.

This metagame looks pretty cool as you can still have the previous stats if you prefer that. A set I think might be cool:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance

Mega Sceptile is awesome, but outside of predicting the electric move or using baton pass, it has no way to boost its special attack. Its physical movepool still gives him dual stab and good coverage in Earthquake, while still having the option to boost your attack stat

Chansey + Shiny Blissey seems cool too. As one can be a cleric and the other support (Stealth Rock + Wish) while they can just switch between each other for a physical tank or a special tank

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Teravolt
Modest / Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
leaf blade>seed bomb

MegaGardevoir seems spooky with a 120bp pixilate boosted STAB off of 165 attack in double edge :o

Also Hustle togekiss with base 120 attack, hello pseudo base 204 attack with max investment. Too bad it's not normal anymore, because now it has no physical STABs and no STAB extremespeed, so its probably kind of shitty in practice. Another thing is Empoleon can finally actually abuse defiant!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)