The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
LOL THATS NOT A FUCKING PI IM FUCKING DONE WITH THIS LEAGUE. Get some refs that know the fucking rulebook
If it makes you feel any better Pittsburgh pissed away another home game to a sub .500 team for no apparent reason

I almost dread any remaining games we have against bad teams for fear we will give them away. Fortunately there's only one of those left (Falcons) whereas the rest are against teams with better records

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I bet nobody thought Ryan Fitzpatrick would be the best QB of the week! I sure didn't! I'm a Fitzpatrick fan (always thought he was underrated, he's been on a lot of terrible teams) and I'm happy to see him have a great game. Hopefully Houston gives him a chance to compete for the starting job next year, he can really thrive if he has a team around him.

It's sad to see the a probable 6-10 or 7-9 team host a playoff game. I think re-seeding is going to be discussed after the season and they need to just let the team with the better record get home-field advantage in every playoff game. All division champions should get into the playoffs, but there's no reason to force great wild-card teams (like whoever gets the NFC wild cards this year) to travel to New Orleans (who has one of the best home-field advantages in football) for a playoff game. Divisions shouldn't be abolished or locked out of the playoffs, but just let the better regular-season team host the playoff game. Period.

Also, obligatory lol jay cutler's contract. As a Lions fan, I implore Chicago to keep Phil Emery.

I bet nobody thought Ryan Fitzpatrick would be the best QB of the week! I sure didn't! I'm a Fitzpatrick fan (always thought he was underrated, he's been on a lot of terrible teams) and I'm happy to see him have a great game. Hopefully Houston gives him a chance to compete for the starting job next year, he can really thrive if he has a team around him.
I hope your being sarcastic but Fitzpatrick will never be any better than what he currently is. Plus he already has weapons around him. A lot of QBs would kill to have Foster, Hopkins, and Johnson on their team. And despite those weapons he still got benched for Ryan Mallet.

Disappointing loss for the Patriots, but it was against the Packers (an excellent team) so it doesn't sting as much. This is a loss we can definitely learn from; hopefully the Patriots learn from it moving forward.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
If it makes you feel any better Pittsburgh pissed away another home game to a sub .500 team for no apparent reason

I almost dread any remaining games we have against bad teams for fear we will give them away. Fortunately there's only one of those left (Falcons) whereas the rest are against teams with better records
It does but it doesn't. You guys just inexplicably play down to worse teams where as we do enough to win and then get assfucked by some of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen. I hate using the refs as an excuse but they've been the difference this week and they were almost the difference last week, kind of over it.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Its one of those calls that the ref could have swallowed his whistle on but you don't put the ref in the spot at the end of the game like that. Just a dumb thing to do.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Aaron Rodgers threw the ball away after 12 seconds of holding it for a single damn play AND YOU DARE TO CALL OUT THE PATRIOTS SECONDARY???

I wish I could look up the average time to throw for opposing qbs ranked by team, because the Patriots would lead that stat by a long shot because great coverage and bad pass rush.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It does but it doesn't. You guys just inexplicably play down to worse teams where as we do enough to win and then get assfucked by some of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen. I hate using the refs as an excuse but they've been the difference this week and they were almost the difference last week, kind of over it.
I agree the call was questionable but I think you're exaggerating by calling it one of the worst decisions ever made. The DB did make contact prior to the ball arriving and did get turned around late, so by the letter of the rulebook that's PI. I personally would not have called it (and I'm a Steelers fan ffs), but I do understand why the ref DID call it. It's one of those things where you have to chalk it up to the league's crackdown on PI and DH this year and it leading to tons of ticky tack calls like that one. It sucks, but many teams have had to deal with it so we just have to keep hoping the league fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)