Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends, are you doing it one-handed?

(Insert troll face)

Watching TV or YouTube is probably your safest bet.
Earlier i was watching a livestream of an fps were the guy was casting a bot match xP
Then i facepalm'd because I forgot to get a sync pokemon ( for the ability ).
I'm hoping that sring will take less time than watching all the pokemon wifi battles.
Also what can you controll on a legendary other than syncronizing the ability?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Earlier i was watching a livestream of an fps were the guy was casting a bot match xP
Then i facepalm'd because I forgot to get a sync pokemon ( for the ability ).
I'm hoping that sring will take less time than watching all the pokemon wifi battles.
Also what can you controll on a legendary other than syncronizing the ability?
No, influencing the ability through synchronize is the only thing you can do. Some people train Pokemon to have one less point in speed than their target to be able to determine the targets speed IV in-battle, as well as something with a HP stat one point lower than the targets so they can determine the HP IV in-battle with Final Gambit. Other than those 3 things there's nothing else you can do other than reset over and over and pray to RNGsus to give you the right IVs...

As for passing time, I just watch TV and mash A through the cutscene (I used to mash B in the Latias cutscene but I didn't like it when Steven got mad at me for saying I'd let Matt past to Latias haha). I don't like to distract myself too much while SRing and I can't say I get bored too easily...

Just to confirm:
- The Scanner should be available pre-E4, right?
- Have we nailed down the requirements for Uxie spawning? I got Mespirit at 4pm and Azelf just after midnight, so I figured Uxie would be in the morning but no dice.

Has anyone got an easy way of finding hidden items underwater, considering the Dowsing Machine can't be used there?

Has anyone got an easy way of finding hidden items underwater, considering the Dowsing Machine can't be used there?
I don't have an easy way. What seemed to work for me was just to make ridiculously tight snaking patterns on empty patches and mash A. I think you don't have to be as thorough though, since it might pick up on things diagonal to where you're facing. I don't remember finding anything inside seaweed itself, but I'm not sure (and those divers are always digging in there!). Empty spaces within patches of seaweed are super suspicious, but otherwise, find something else to do, enjoy the diving music, and comb the seas.

I've got a few questions of my own.

In Super Secret Bases, are the 3 Pokemon to participate in the battle randomly chosen, or are they the first 3? I remember reading randomly chosen, but I cannot find where anymore.

Secondly, I figure the team that it draws from is what's on hand at the time of creating the QR code. Is it also what I happen to have on hand when I am sent to other people's games through the PSS Passerby or is it locked to my team at the time of QR code generation?

Last edited:
I'm not sure, I think it's simply relying on one's intuition. I haven't tried doing it in ORAS but in RSE, for example you notice that there are patches of err 'seaweed' underwater, then you see a that there's a tile without a seaweed patch, chances are there's an item when you examine that 'blank' patch. It works on random rocks lying around on their own when you examine tiles on land. If all else fails use Scepticallistic 's approach.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The issue is that a ton of items like Sky Plate, Flame Plate, etc. are in random places underwater without any sort of indicator. They aren't in the middle of seaweed patches, there is no "dark spot," and there are no rocks. They are literally just in the middle of the ocean floor and you have to be lucky and press A in the right spot.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just caught an impish landorus with 31/31/299/x/31/31. Should I keep it or reset?
A Defense IV of 299 must be bulky as fuck.

I made a post about desired natures that Codraroll linked to in the OP. You should probably refer to that and remember that perfect IV spreads are usually desired outside of the one dump stat.

How do I get a Smeargle in Alpha Sapphire? I have Pokemon X but I only have one 3DS. Do I need to buy Pokebank or is there an easier option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)