Battle Maison Discussion & Records

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Bummed that besides the difference in AI partner trainers for multi battles, no one has found any other changes. But since it's been a while since I've updated the leaderboard, I've made a few tentative decisions on ORAS streaks.

Because the AI multis partner trainers are different, I'm starting a new leaderboard for ORAS AI Multis streaks. Similarly, since this change contributes (albeit slightly) to getting all five trophies, I've also created a new trophy hall of fame for ORAS. I have not created new leaderboards for the other formats, so ORAS streaks will be ranked with XY ones for Singles, Doubles, Triples, Rotations, and Multis with a human partner. If there's no change in what we face, I find it hard to justify an entirely new leaderboard unless some of the newly available hidden abilities, Mega Evolutions, or move tutors really change the dynamics, a la Bullet Punch Scizor in Platinum or TruAnt in BW2. I will mark all ORAS streaks on the list for easy reference, and also to make it easier for me to move them if a later need for split leaderboards arises.

Please let me know your thoughts, as if there is strong movement in favor of Eppie's idea of entirely new leaderboards, I'd be willing to go along. Also of course let me know if I've made any errors or omissions in my update.

Good luck on the streaks all, and hope everyone has been enjoying ORAS despite the disappointment of no frontier!

NoCheese I just want to point out that our Multi record was set on X/Y, not ORAS. We actually started the streak before ORAS was released, but because of time constraints, and scheduling conflicts, we weren't able to make very quick progress. Thanks for putting us on the leaderboards though. :)

NoCheese

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
NoCheese I just want to point out that our Multi record was set on X/Y, not ORAS. We actually started the streak before ORAS was released, but because of time constraints, and scheduling conflicts, we weren't able to make very quick progress. Thanks for putting us on the leaderboards though. :)
Gotcha. I've removed the ORAS mark from your streak on the leaderboard.

What's a good team to farm BP using Pokemon only obtained in ORAS (no Kangaskhan)? I remember Jumpman posted a Speed-Run Team in Gen 4 for the Battle Tower involving Starmie/Garchomp/Tyranitar and I was wondering if there was a similar team for ORAS.

i just beat the Multi battle chataline using Maxie as my battle partner (I was playing OR)
i had Mega Salamence and Exploud.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Jolly
252 att, 252 Spe, 4 def
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
EQ
Return
This was a competive set
---------------

Exploud @ none
Mild (Got Really lucky)
dont know EVs, was an adventuring pokemon for Story mode

Surf
BoomBurst
Strength
Rock Smash
(This wasn't a competive set (For Exploud))

Last edited:
Update for ORAS triples idea. Wanted to get some feedback before I start breeding everything.

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Nature: Timid
Overgrow
31/x/31/31/31/31
4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
-Grass Knot
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Protect

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Nature: Adamant
Gale Wings
31/31/31/X/31/31
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
-Tailwind
-Quick Guard
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz

Rotom-Wash @ Wide Lens
Nature: Modest
Levitate
31/X/31/31/31/31
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Discharge
-Dark Pulse
-Hydro Pump
-Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Nature: Brave
Stance Change
31/31/31/31/31/x
252 HP/252 Att/4 Spe
-Iron Head
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-Wide Guard

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Rough Skin
31/31/31/x/31/31
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Pressure
31/31/31/x/31/31
4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Fake Out

Basic core is pretty obvious, general coverage and discharge spam for boosts. I went quick guard over protect on talonflame to deal with fake out and ice shard, but that might just get it killed on turn 1. I'm also not opposed to hidden power on sceptile, just that breeding for it is a pain, but if it's truly the best option I'll do it.

The backup is where it gets tricky.
Aegislash can basically switch in on everything SE targeted at sceptile, and deals with TR, so I think it's core on an m-sceptile team.
What I'm really toying with is wide guard over king's shield. It lets garchomp spam EQ with impunity, and protects me from blizzard and dazzling gleam. On the other hand, shield is better for protecting aegis, and EQ doesn't even hit half my team. If I'm really worried about weavile eating it, I could just switch low kick for protect, although focus sash might be enough to get the job done. The build really relies on correct predictions and can leave me pretty vulnerable, hence my trepidation. I'm really just looking for options if my core goes down.
Hell, I could forget garchomp altogether and use turskain's gastrodon, and since it fills the water slot, I could use a different electric, like a scarfer who can boost sceptile on turn 1, or balloon jolteon (although, again, I'd prefer not to breed/soft reset for hidden power if I can help it). Maybe I could even switch aegis for scizor.
Weavile fills a lot of offensive holes on this team and deals with some of its threats, but there might be a better choice if I switch the others.

I'm really just trying to build around mega sceptile, and it's the only thing I really care about keeping. If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated.
Or should I just shut up and try it already?

Last edited:

turskain

activated its Quick Claw!
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Cheesedick, I like the Lightningrod Sceptile idea and Rotom-W seems like a fine Discharge partner. Howewer, Mega Sceptile is a fragile thing; it needs Mat Block or Fake Out support to avoid an untimely demise and get a free turn for its Mega Speed and Lightning Rod boosts to kick in. Greninja seems like an obvious pick since it benefits from Lightning Rod support, as seen on The Dutch Plumberjack's team. For Mat Block to work with this, the Discharge user has to outspeed Greninja, so it has to be a Scarfer or Jolteon. I like the sound of Scarf Rotom-W better for its typing and relative bulk, so the lead trio would look something like:

Scarf Rotom-W / Mega Sceptile / Mat Block Greninja

Additionally, I'd consider using a Modest nature on Mega Sceptile - with a Modest nature, it hits 197 Speed after Mega Evolution, losing out on the following Speed tiers:

216 - Accelgor (1,3,4)
211 - Charizard 3 #, Electrode (2,3,4), Heatran 4 #
201 - Skarmory 3 #
200 - Aerodactyl (2,3,4), ALL Crobat, ALL Jolteon
198 - Braviary 3 #
197 - Accelgor 2

Timid Mega Sceptile hits 216 Speed maximum, tying Accelgor at best. Ties are not useful, so we can use 212 as the highest usable point. Heatran4 probably doesn't KO Sceptile after Mega Evolution, and Sceptile can't reliably hurt it anyway (unless you run HP Ground or Earthquake); Charizard3 KOs Sceptile, but Sceptile only has a 31.3% chance to KO it with +1 and a Timid nature, so the extra Speed will not save you from it. Electrode does nothing to Sceptile. Skarmory3 is also unkillable thanks to its bulk and possible Sturdy. Aerodactyl is KO'd 75% of the time at +1 - again insufficient to save Sceptile. Braviary and Crobat also aren't reliably KO'd at +1.

From this, it doesn't seem like Timid Sceptile outspeeds anything of value after Mega Evolution, as most of them have a good chance of surviving Sceptile's attack and KOing it even if you get a hit in before them - and all of them outspeed Mat Block Greninja as well. Pre-Mega Speed "doesn't matter" since Mat Block gets you a free turn to Mega Evolve. Modest Mega Sceptile is also slower than Modest Scarf Rotom-W, which ideally gets you to a staggering +2 on Turn 2 before the enemy has gotten a single attack in.

Cheesedick, I like the Lightningrod Sceptile idea and Rotom-W seems like a fine Discharge partner. Howewer, Mega Sceptile is a fragile thing; it needs Mat Block or Fake Out support to avoid an untimely demise and get a free turn for its Mega Speed and Lightning Rod boosts to kick in. Greninja seems like an obvious pick since it benefits from Lightning Rod support, as seen on The Dutch Plumberjack's team. For Mat Block to work with this, the Discharge user has to outspeed Greninja, so it has to be a Scarfer or Jolteon. I like the sound of Scarf Rotom-W better for its typing and relative bulk, so the lead trio would look something like:

Scarf Rotom-W / Mega Sceptile / Mat Block Greninja

Additionally, I'd consider using a Modest nature on Mega Sceptile - with a Modest nature, it hits 197 Speed after Mega Evolution, losing out on the following Speed tiers:

216 - Accelgor (1,3,4)
211 - Charizard 3 #, Electrode (2,3,4), Heatran 4 #
201 - Skarmory 3 #
200 - Aerodactyl (2,3,4), ALL Crobat, ALL Jolteon
198 - Braviary 3 #
197 - Accelgor 2

Timid Mega Sceptile hits 216 Speed maximum, tying Accelgor at best. Ties are not useful, so we can use 212 as the highest usable point. Heatran4 probably doesn't KO Sceptile after Mega Evolution, and Sceptile can't reliably hurt it anyway (unless you run HP Ground or Earthquake); Charizard3 KOs Sceptile, but Sceptile only has a 31.3% chance to KO it with +1 and a Timid nature, so the extra Speed will not save you from it. Electrode does nothing to Sceptile. Skarmory3 is also unkillable thanks to its bulk and possible Sturdy. Aerodactyl is KO'd 75% of the time at +1 - again insufficient to save Sceptile. Braviary and Crobat also aren't reliably KO'd at +1.

From this, it doesn't seem like Timid Sceptile outspeeds anything of value after Mega Evolution, as most of them have a good chance of surviving Sceptile's attack and KOing it even if you get a hit in before them - and all of them outspeed Mat Block Greninja as well. Pre-Mega Speed "doesn't matter" since Mat Block gets you a free turn to Mega Evolve. Modest Mega Sceptile is also slower than Modest Scarf Rotom-W, which ideally gets you to a staggering +2 on Turn 2 before the enemy has gotten a single attack in.
That's a good point about speed tiers. I also forgot that protect turn 1 means no discharge boost.

My concern is overcentralizing on mega sceptile. Even with a free turn I don't know if he's powerful enough to carry the game, and the idea was to sort of use him to protect talonflame while it murders everything, while maybe getting a discharge boost. But I guess he is fragile enough to just die before doing anything.

What do you suggest for backups for this core? I'd need a good switch in to fire types, and something to deal with ice and grass. Should I do aegis/talon/garchomp?

turskain

That's a good point about speed tiers. I also forgot that protect turn 1 means no discharge boost.

My concern is overcentralizing on mega sceptile. Even with a free turn I don't know if he's powerful enough to carry the game, and the idea was to sort of use him to protect talonflame while it murders everything, while maybe getting a discharge boost. But I guess he is fragile enough to just die before doing anything.

What do you suggest for backups for this core? I'd need a good switch in to fire types, and something to deal with ice and grass. Should I do aegis/talon/garchomp?
The Fire-types you usually worry about are the Scarf trio of Darmanitan4, Heatran4 and Entei3 (and other Entei/Heatran sets to a lesser extent) so something that can check those should definitely be in there. Sceptile/Scarf Rotom-W's TR setter sniping ability would be lacking especially against Aromatisse and Bronzong, and they're both deadweight under it - so you'll want a back-line that can hold its own against Trick Room once it goes up. Gastrodon can do well in both areas and is definitely a pick I'd like, but for the other two, I'm not sure.

By the way, Cheesedick, would you happen to be NoCheese's lost evil twin by any chance?

I've edited the post on the previous page detailing what I've seen so far in ORAS Maison - which is more renamed trainers, most notably Chef Cobb imitating Chef Andrei's Hail team.

Last edited:
What's a good team to farm BP using Pokemon only obtained in ORAS (no Kangaskhan)? I remember Jumpman posted a Speed-Run Team in Gen 4 for the Battle Tower involving Starmie/Garchomp/Tyranitar and I was wondering if there was a similar team for ORAS.
If you picked Mudkip as your starter, breeding a Maison-ready Sturdy level 1 Aron with Endeavor would be really quick. You could probably throw together a reasonable facsimile of the #1 Doubles team with Dusclops, Aron, and two generic good Trick Room attackers (maybe Mega Camerupt?) in the back. Obviously not a surefire top leaderboard spot without further optimization, but it can probably get a couple hundred with pretty quick battles.

Doubles is probably a better bet than Singles, as I doubt any of the new stuff in ORAS is good enough on its own to make up for having no Dragonite, Kangaskhan, or Aegislash. I'm assuming this is for a specific challenge or something; otherwise, obtaining stuff through the GTS (or even Wonder Trade for Pokemon like Froakie or Kangaskhan that tons of people breed) is a really insignificant hurdle.

If you picked Mudkip as your starter, breeding a Maison-ready Sturdy level 1 Aron with Endeavor would be really quick. You could probably throw together a reasonable facsimile of the #1 Doubles team with Dusclops, Aron, and two generic good Trick Room attackers (maybe Mega Camerupt?) in the back. Obviously not a surefire top leaderboard spot without further optimization, but it can probably get a couple hundred with pretty quick battles.

Doubles is probably a better bet than Singles, as I doubt any of the new stuff in ORAS is good enough on its own to make up for having no Dragonite, Kangaskhan, or Aegislash. I'm assuming this is for a specific challenge or something; otherwise, obtaining stuff through the GTS (or even Wonder Trade for Pokemon like Froakie or Kangaskhan that tons of people breed) is a really insignificant hurdle.
Just found out about Wonder Trade/GTS. This is awesome! I got a Doublade, Kangaskhan, Froakie, Gliscor and heaps more. I'm pretty sure Super Singles is the fastest way to farm BP right? In that case what would be the fastest team to beat the first 50 battles with?

Just found out about Wonder Trade/GTS. This is awesome! I got a Doublade, Kangaskhan, Froakie, Gliscor and heaps more. I'm pretty sure Super Singles is the fastest way to farm BP right? In that case what would be the fastest team to beat the first 50 battles with?
The fastest I've found for the first 50 in Singles has been Lum Berry Dragonite, Leftovers Aegislash, and either Life Orb Greninja or Mega Kangaskhan. I'd estimate it can win the first 50 battles in about 1:15, but I'm not positive whether that's the fastest Super Singles team or even if it's faster at getting BP than the fastest Doubles/Triples teams. With Dragonite, you get enough nice 4 turn, Dragon Dance then OHKO everything with the appropriate move battles to make up for the times you have to switch to Aegislash and mess around with 6 turns of alternating Swords Dance and King's Shield + the Leftovers message + the Stance Change animation.

Is there a complete set list for ORAS multi partners? I know is Wally's Gallade has Close Combat, Pyscho Cut, Leaf Blade and Swords Dance, and Magnezone has Thunder, Flash Cannon, Thunder Wave and Reflect. It's slightly different from his other teams so I don't think we can count on those.

posting a rotations streak of 295 (WDJW-WWWW-WWWE-GG3V). it's a modified version of a team i used in XY, described here. i made two changes since then. one, replacing return with knock off on carracosta. honestly, this wasn't by choice, as happiness reset when i traded it over to AS. that being said, i think it did end up being better. while water/dark is resisted by more pokemon than water/normal, knock off hits annoyingly bulky targets like slowbro, cofagrigus, and cresselia. most notably, it hits ferrothorn for neutral damage, making muscling through it actually plausible. ferrothorn4 is basically the worst thing this team can see, due to iron barbs, curse, fairy/toxic resistance (being the main reason soak is even used), and bulk, and this streak owes much of its length due to only running into it once (and i suspect i would have lost to it without knock off). also, the item removal utility was occasionally useful for knocking off leftovers/sitrus berries. the only pokemon that made me really wish i had return was toxicroak4, who sports taunt, potentially poison touch (killing carracosta through sturdy without safeguard), potentially dry skin (resisting carracosta's moves), and stab gunk shot to ruin any reasonable chance of powering through it with my new addition. knock off isn't even a guaranteed ohko at +6, though it does 2hko at +4. meanwhile return just ohkos it even at +2.

the other change i made was replacing aromatisse with:

Audino @ Audinite
Bold/Healer
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
~Draining Kiss
~Calm Mind
~Wish
~Heal Bell

i'm not entirely convinced this is better than aromatisse, as taunt immunity is pretty important for this team. but even then, aromatisse as a back-up wisher for carracosta isn't great since its wishes don't fully heal it. anyways, the main point of using mega audino was just because i wanted a new ORAS mega for each of my ORAS maison teams. it's pretty good in spite of its questionable reason for being here, offering humongous bulk over aromatisse, and there were definitely situations throughout this streak where aromatisse's bulk would not have sufficed. as such, much like alomomola, audino can be a win condition by itself. draining kiss is used as a stab over dazzling gleam since the healing is nice, and audino's offense is basically useless without boosting anyways.

as far as my loss goes, it's basically latias being a huge shit. unfortunately i couldn't really use knock off as my attack here due to cobalion, and if latias was the offensive version (which it was), it would still be 2hko'd by waterfall. due to latias and zapdos being there, i didn't want to use safeguard with klefki, instead opting to save it for another light screen. unfortunately latias rotated on my waterfall and paralyzed me with thunder, so i immediately sac'd klefki to use light screen, as i would need to heal bell that off. while safeguard would have saved me from my impending loss here, i needed light screen as zapdos could just outright kill alomomola with thunderbolt otherwise. audino healed carracosta's status, then passed a wish to alomomola (getting paralyzed by thunder in the process) so it could then pass a wish to carracosta. and... alomomola got crit by thunder, and paralyzed+FP'd. so much for that! from there it was downhill, though i misplayed by having audino use heal bell to remove it and alomomola's paralysis- i should have tried to wishpass to alomomola again so it could try to pass to carracosta, then hope zapdos didn't attack it (all the while being paralyzed). a long shot, but definitely better than the nothing heal bell accomplished. so then my last hope was to take 1 HP carracosta and yolo, but i didn't flinch cobalion with waterfall, so my attempt basically ended there as audino and alomomola were cleaned up effortlessly.

so, that's about it with the team. honestly, i'm amazed it got as far it did- this streak was just finishing off the run after i got the trophy. i really don't think it *should* have, either- it has far too many gaping weaknesses. but that's the nature of AI rotations, i suppose. even the most seemingly-threatening combinations can be child's play as the AI rotates around haphazardly using random moves, trying to accomplish god knows what.

this run also provided me with an excellent opportunity to iron out any issues with my spreadsheet, so i think that's all in order now (original DL links have been edited). also, i took note of any new trainers and pokemon they used. as turskain noted, i think these just replace old trainers rather than being actually new- seeing trainers use the old theme teams (weather/TR teams), but without ever seeing the old versions of them made me mostly convinced of this. turskain noted Chef Cobb (the new Andrei), so i'll add that Claire has been replaced by Lana and Roux has been (most likely, unless they added a set 1-4 using grass trainer) replaced by Frank. full list here (a ? after the pokemon means i don't know what set it was, 2 slashed numbers means it's one of those sets):
Breeder Teppei
Venusaur2, Meganium2, Empoleon2, Sceptile1, Infernape1, Chesnaught4, Delphox2, Torterra2

Beauty Birdie
Florges4, Mandibuzz4, Tyranitar4, Ursaring4, Spiritomb4, Blissey4

Beauty Kenna
Feraligatr4, Dewgong4, Vaporeon4, Quagsire4, Clawitzer4, Avalugg4, Gyarados4, Glaceon4, Greninja4, Barbaracle?, Mamoswine4, Floatzel4, Jynx4, Starmie4, Slowking4

Punk Guy Quinton
Scrafty4, Flareon?, Crobat4, Rapidash3/4, Ninetales4, Tyranitar4, Venusaur4, Chandelure4, Victreebel4, Tentacruel4, Gardevoir4

Breeder Gudrun
Probopass4, Weavile4, Carracosta3/4, Porygon2[4], Gigalith4, Zoroark4, Lapras4, Bastiodon4, Donphan?, Ampharos?, Escavalier3/4, Tangrowth4, Ninetales?, Crobat4, Houndoom4, Gliscor4, Krookodile4, Bouffalant4, Poliwrath4, Lucario4

Punk Girl Delaney
Tentacruel4, Bisharp4, Talonflame4, Rapidash4, Krookodile?, Ninetales1/4, Umbreon4, Vileplume4, Magmortar4, Chandelure3/4, Charizard4, Nidoqueen4, Shiftry4, Flareon4, Arcanine4, Mandibuzz4, Toxicroak4, Darmanitan4

Beauty Naveen
Ambipom4, Braviary4, Bisharp4, Lickilicky4, Umbreon4, Snorlax4, Blissey4, Staraptor?, Honchkrow4, Weavile4, Zoroark4, Lopunny4, Drapion?, Slurpuff4, Pyroar4, Tyranitar4, Aromatisse4, Mr. Mime4, Granbull4, Porygon-Z1/4, Shiftry4, Carbink4

Chef Angus
Talonflame4, Cradily4, Breloom4, Chesnaught4, Abomasnow4, Lapras4, Leafeon4, Slowbro4

Breeder Lalaini
Delphox3, Samurott4, Torterra4, Infernape2, Torterra2, Greninja1, Emboar3, Venusaur4, Feraligatr2, Torterra3, Sceptile4

Punk Guy Jensen
Staraptor4, Gyarados1, Krookodile3, Granbull4

Madame Arabella
Medicham4, Toxicroak4, Talonflame4, Froslass4, Nidoking4, Staraptor4, Serperior4, Armaldo?, Cryogonal4, Sawk1/4, Sceptile4, Noivern4

Maid Joan
Alakazam4, Jynx4, Vileplume4, Slowbro4, Aurorus4, Nidoqueen4, Empoleon4, Mr. Mime4, Medicham4, Golurk?, Throh4, Swampert?

Chef Caesar
Starmie4, Lanturn4, Froslass4, Whiscash4, Gyarados4, Dewgong4, Walrein4, Glaceon4

Chef Cobb
Mamoswine4, Walrein4, Avalugg1, Wailord4, Walrein2, Cryogonal4, Meganium2, Vanilluxe4, Vanilluxe2, Beartic1, Whiscash3, Avalugg3, Cryogonal4, Jynx3, Aurorus2, Empoleon4

Beauty Lana
Weezing3, Aromatisse3, Kingdra2, Gastrodon1

Chef Frank
Leafeon3, Vileplume4, Victreebel4, Lilligant1, Victreebel3, Tangrowth3, Leafeon1, Exeggutor1

Madame Inga
Lucario1/4, Floatzel4, Weavile4, Milotic4, Zoroark4, Mismagius?, Blissey4, Archeops3/4, Bronzong4, Chandelure4, Leafeon4, Politoed4

Breeder Merekee
Gardevoir4, Mienshao?, Magnezone1/4, Drapion3/4, Claydol2/4, Muk4, Zebstrika4, Porygon-Z4

also, here's new trainers from before battle 40, but i didn't bother noting their teams:
Alekhya
Lachlan
Gwillym
Sione
Cruz
Amarnath
Reena
Sulo
Palani
Holly
Channing
Bunnie

Last edited:

turskain

Nice streak and trainer information, sb879. It also suggests that Beauty Kenna is Beauty Orla (Water/Ice Set4s) and Chef Angus is Chef Nicoise (Water/Fire/Grass Set4s).

So the grand list of non-set4 trainers (except for the starter breeders) that have been renamed seems to be:

Chef Cobb = Chef Andrei
Beauty Lana = Beauty Claire
Chef Frank = Chef Roux
Punk Guy Jensen = Punk Guy Puck

Rasmus, Mara, Anastasia, Alfie, Eleanor, Saba, Isabella, Bunny, and Jai retain their XY names, and the other renamed trainers are Set4 users or starter breeders (easily spotted since the other breeders use Set B, which has no starter Pokémon in it).

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
the other change i made was replacing aromatisse with:

Audino @ Audinite
Bold/Healer
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
~Draining Kiss
~Calm Mind
~Wish
~Heal Bell

i'm not entirely convinced this is better than aromatisse, as taunt immunity is pretty important for this team. but even then, aromatisse as a back-up wisher for carracosta isn't great since its wishes don't fully heal it. anyways, the main point of using mega audino was just because i wanted a new ORAS mega for each of my ORAS maison teams. it's pretty good in spite of its questionable reason for being here, offering humongous bulk over aromatisse, and there were definitely situations throughout this streak where aromatisse's bulk would not have sufficed. as such, much like alomomola, audino can be a win condition by itself. draining kiss is used as a stab over dazzling gleam since the healing is nice, and audino's offense is basically useless without boosting anyways.
Funny that you posted this because I was actually planning on trying out my Rotations team with Mega Audino in place of Sylveon, mostly because Mega Audino's physical bulk is much better while its special bulk is basically equivalent and its Wishes are marginally larger (and that would mean not using Mega Scizor - still sorting that kink out but I think I know what I'll do). Glad it worked for you. My plan was to use it identically to Sylveon (Dazzling Gleam/Protect/Wish/Heal Bell and Bold with max Def/HP) and it honestly never occurred to me to use it as a Calm Mind sweeper at the same time! Maybe I'll try this one out instead - the healing from Draining Kiss may help make up for the lack of Sylveon's Leftovers (too bad the PP of Draining Kiss is only 16 max, but not much I can do about that).

And thanks for the info!

I finally got the live videos of our Super Multi streak uploaded. I edited my original post with the links. It's 16 hours total, so I doubt anybody wants to watch the whole thing. But it does show us using the team, and our thought processes each battle, so I thought it would be worthwhile to put in the post.

Hi there ^^ i have just gotten to the battle maison in ORAS, and i was wondering if anyone knew a nice stragegy to get to 50 fast (Btw, does this give you a new colour trainer card, as it did in XY) I already have a seemingly perfect tripples team, which i used in XY to get my 200 streak, but singles are clearly the faster way!

Thanks ^^

Actually, after some thinking time, i came up with a core, i present you Powerspam ^^

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 8 SpD / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate --> Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

The way the team is supposed to work is as a 1 2 3 team, greninja is the lead, which with its insane speed and good coverage will probally be able to take the first pokemon on, and get a good chunk off the second one. Depending on the situation salamence or blaziken can be send out next. Salamence should try to abuse physically offensive mons to get off a dd and sweep, while blaziken should try to aim for frailer targets and protect turn one.

Fire blast is used to hit skarmory, ferrothorn and scizor but dragonclaw, sub and roost are all good alternatives. The evs on mence are to outspeed scarfed chomp, which was the fastest significant threat i could imagine. the speed on blaziken is for talonflame, so is stone edge (basically is a catch all fire/flying, which otherwise walls it)

Alternatively a bulkier spread for mence can be used, 248 HP / 204 Atk / 56 SpD is the most optimal spread IMO. I will try the team when i have the mons, feedback? ^^

NoCheese

Hi there ^^ i have just gotten to the battle maison in ORAS, and i was wondering if anyone knew a nice stragegy to get to 50 fast (Btw, does this give you a new colour trainer card, as it did in XY) I already have a seemingly perfect tripples team, which i used in XY to get my 200 streak, but singles are clearly the faster way!

Thanks ^^
Scroll up. GG Unit posts a pretty good team for this in response to the same question. And yes, beating a super Battle Chatelaine (any format, battle 50) gets you a change in trainer card color.

NoCheese

I will try the team when i have the mons, feedback? ^^
Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy. While you can certainly get wins with such a team, and even get to 50, your many inaccurate moves will limit your streak length. You're not playing for the strongest team in the average state of the world; you're playing for a team that can still survive when die rolls go against you. Over a long streak, you will have runs of bad luck, and one loss is all it takes to ruin you. Remember, you have a 4% chance of missing twice in a row with 80% accuracy moves, and that WILL happen over the course of many battles.

I know that Gunk Shot Greninja is on everybody's mind thanks to its prowess in OU battles, but in the Maison, you're much better off with a straight special Timid set with 100% accurate moves. Cut Gunk Shot and Hydro Pump for some combination of Surf, Grass Knot, and Extrasensory.

Likewise, HJK is just asking for trouble long-run, especially with the AI's rather erratic use of Protect. Where Blaziken has found Maison success, it's used Low Kick. Stone Edge has similar issues, and I suspect you'd be better off with boring old Swords Dance. Salamence's Fire Blast is a little less problematic as you'll be using it a lot less often, but 85% is still painfully unreliable for Maison use. I believe Flamethrower would be better. Substitute and Outrage are also possibilities.

Actually, after some thinking time, i came up with a core, i present you Powerspam ^^

Greninja @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- High Jump Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 SpA / 232 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

The way the team is supposed to work is as a 1 2 3 team, greninja is the lead, which with its insane speed and good coverage will probally be able to take the first pokemon on, and get a good chunk off the second one. Depending on the situation salamence or blaziken can be send out next. Salamence should try to abuse physically offensive mons to get off a dd and sweep, while blaziken should try to aim for frailer targets and protect turn one.

Fire blast is used to hit skarmory, ferrothorn and scizor but dragonclaw, sub and roost are all good alternatives. The evs on mence are to outspeed scarfed chomp, which was the fastest significant threat i could imagine. the speed on blaziken is for talonflame, so is stone edge (basically is a catch all fire/flying, which otherwise walls it)

Alternatively a bulkier spread for mence can be used, 248 HP / 204 Atk / 56 SpD is the most optimal spread IMO. I will try the team when i have the mons, feedback? ^^
I'd really not use moves with unperfect accuracy like Gunk Shot, Hydro Pump, High Jump Kick, Stone Edge, and Fire Blast. A single miss might cost you an entire streak, and it really sucks to lose when you're so close to the goal(I mean, I once lost vs. the chatelaine ;-;). Use accurate moves, like Surf/Scald>Hydro Pump, Grass Knot>Gunk Shot(reasoning below), Low Kick>HJK, Rock Slide(90 % acc tho)>Stone Edge, and Flamethrower>Fire Blast.

Suicune is a big threat for this team. These are the sets for reference:
913 | Suicune1 | Bold | Chesto Berry | Calm Mind | Surf | Ice Beam | Rest | HP/Def
933 | Suicune2 | Modest | Sitrus Berry | Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Shadow Ball | Mirror Coat | HP/SpA
953 | Suicune3 | Bold | Leftovers | Surf | Blizzard | Calm Mind | Protect | HP/Def
973 | Suicune4 | Timid | Lum Berry | Icy Wind | Surf | Blizzard | Protect | Spd/SpA

Set 1 easily sets up on Greninja as long as it doesn't flinch too much, so if it's the lead, you'd be in trouble. Surf hits Blaziken, which deals 'only' 57% max with LO HJK, and Ice Beam hits Salamence. Even with the bulky spread you suggested, Mence has a good chance of being OHKOed by +1 Ice Beam:
+1 0 SpA Suicune Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Salamence(base 95 HP and 90 SpD): 192-228 (95.5 - 113.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
Greninja can't do anything and is frail enough to be KOed by repeated Surfs.

Set 2 is more offensive. Hydro Pump 3HKOes Greninja with resisted hits(and Greninja can get its special attacks reflected by Mirror Coat!), easily OHKOes Blaziken, and bulky Salamence falls to Ice Beam 87.5% of the time. You can try to 2HKO Cune with LO HJK + Aerilate Return, but by then you'd have lost 1-2 pokemon, so it's definitely not a good situation.

Also, there's always the chance that you'll think it's set 1, but it turns out to be set 2, then you lose a pokemon. The opposive is also true: you might think it's set 2, but it turns out it's set 1, and it gets a free CM.

Set 3 is a variation of set 1, with Protect>Rest, Blizzard>Ice Beam, and Leftovers>Chesto Berry. This set is probably the most dangerous imo, as it not only gets free CM boosts from Greninja and OHKO Salamence with Blizzard(the bulky one usually survives an unboosted Blizzard, though), but it can also play HJK mindgames with Protect. It's a good thing that it's kinda rare(unless something changed in ORAS).

Set 4 is just annoying for your team, but it may be manageable. Greninja 4HKOes with Gunk Shot, while Cune 4HKOes back with Surf. edit: wait never mind Cune 2HKOes Gren because it changes type lol how did I forget that. Greninja can(will) miss, though, and a possible poison from Gunk Shot is healed by Lum Berry. Blaziken deals 76.5% min with LO HJK, but it risks using HJK on Protect. Cune also outspeeds uninvested MMence, and KOes with Blizzard or negates DD speed boosts with Icy Wind(not that you should set up on it, ofc).

Because of all this, I'd recommend Grass Knot>Gunk Shot. With this move, it 2HKOes any Suicune set, even if it gets a CM boost between the two hits. The only way Cune won't get 2HKOed is if it's set 3 and uses CM->Protect, because it then gets two turns of Leftovers recovery. If you can, you could breed a Timid Greninja too, so its Defense will be slightly higher and confusion/Foul Play damage is reduced.

Also, you say the speed EVs on Blaziken are to outspeed Talonflame, but remember, if it has Gale Wings, its Flying-type moves will outspeed Blaziken's moves regardless of speed boost(besides Protect lol) and OHKO.

Do you mind explaining bulky Mence's EV spread?

edit: and ofc, ninja'd :p

Last edited:
I've seen a couple of people asking about good teams to farm BP with by just knocking out 50 battles quickly and figured I'd chime in with the team I'm currently running, since I'm currently running it because it's fast.

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Kangaskahn @ Kangaskahnite
Ability: Scrappy-> Parental Bond
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Earthquake

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-Turn

The first 40 battles all fly by, and there's enough versatility in the team that you can knock out the next 10 battles reliably. My current streak's 115, so it's definitely got enough flexibility mixed with raw power to get a decent streak going.

The main reason I would recommend this team over something that's trying to run dual setup-sweepers or something that's going disable-setup is because the strategy for this team basically boils down to this:
Step 1: Bring out the team member that isn't threatened by your opponent.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

There's no complicated interactions going on, here, you just have a lead that hits like a truck, a bulky pivot that can clean up certain select threats, and another attacker that hits like a truck. Handles most situations with little to no guesswork.

Anyone who cannot get a hold of a competitive Latios could easily substitute a Starmie for similar results. There's some loss in power there that fails to grab a couple of OHKOs that would become troublesome for longer streaks, but I bet that team would still get you to 50 without a whole heap of trouble.

Accuracy, accuracy, accuracy. While you can certainly get wins with such a team, and even get to 50, your many inaccurate moves will limit your streak length. You're not playing for the strongest team in the average state of the world; you're playing for a team that can still survive when die rolls go against you. Over a long streak, you will have runs of bad luck, and one loss is all it takes to ruin you. Remember, you have a 4% chance of missing twice in a row with 80% accuracy moves, and that WILL happen over the course of many battles.

I know that Gunk Shot Greninja is on everybody's mind thanks to its prowess in OU battles, but in the Maison, you're much better off with a straight special Timid set with 100% accurate moves. Cut Gunk Shot and Hydro Pump for some combination of Surf, Grass Knot, and Extrasensory.

Likewise, HJK is just asking for trouble long-run, especially with the AI's rather erratic use of Protect. Where Blaziken has found Maison success, it's used Low Kick. Stone Edge has similar issues, and I suspect you'd be better off with boring old Swords Dance. Salamence's Fire Blast is a little less problematic as you'll be using it a lot less often, but 85% is still painfully unreliable for Maison use. I believe Flamethrower would be better. Substitute and Outrage are also possibilities.
Thanks for the advise ^^ Your right, i cant rely on shaky accuracy, though i think stone edge is almost necessary, ill try to fix the rest

EVs: 4 hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Grass Knot

Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Low kick
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

I'd really not use moves with unperfect accuracy like Gunk Shot, Hydro Pump, High Jump Kick, Stone Edge, and Fire Blast. A single miss might cost you an entire streak, and it really sucks to lose when you're so close to the goal(I mean, I once lost vs. the chatelaine ;-;). Use accurate moves, like Surf/Scald>Hydro Pump, Grass Knot>Gunk Shot(reasoning below), Low Kick>HJK, Rock Slide(90 % acc tho)>Stone Edge, and Flamethrower>Fire Blast.

Suicune is a big threat for this team. These are the sets for reference:
913 | Suicune1 | Bold | Chesto Berry | Calm Mind | Surf | Ice Beam | Rest | HP/Def
933 | Suicune2 | Modest | Sitrus Berry | Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Shadow Ball | Mirror Coat | HP/SpA
953 | Suicune3 | Bold | Leftovers | Surf | Blizzard | Calm Mind | Protect | HP/Def
973 | Suicune4 | Timid | Lum Berry | Icy Wind | Surf | Blizzard | Protect | Spd/SpA

Set 1 easily sets up on Greninja as long as it doesn't flinch too much, so if it's the lead, you'd be in trouble. Surf hits Blaziken, which deals 'only' 57% max with LO HJK, and Ice Beam hits Salamence. Even with the bulky spread you suggested, Mence has a good chance of being OHKOed by +1 Ice Beam:
+1 0 SpA Suicune Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 56 SpD Salamence(base 95 HP and 90 SpD): 192-228 (95.5 - 113.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
Greninja can't do anything and is frail enough to be KOed by repeated Surfs.

Set 2 is more offensive. Hydro Pump 3HKOes Greninja with resisted hits(and Greninja can get its special attacks reflected by Mirror Coat!), easily OHKOes Blaziken, and bulky Salamence falls to Ice Beam 87.5% of the time. You can try to 2HKO Cune with LO HJK + Aerilate Return, but by then you'd have lost 1-2 pokemon, so it's definitely not a good situation.

Also, there's always the chance that you'll think it's set 1, but it turns out to be set 2, then you lose a pokemon. The opposive is also true: you might think it's set 2, but it turns out it's set 1, and it gets a free CM.

Set 3 is a variation of set 1, with Protect>Rest, Blizzard>Ice Beam, and Leftovers>Chesto Berry. This set is probably the most dangerous imo, as it not only gets free CM boosts from Greninja and OHKO Salamence with Blizzard(the bulky one usually survives an unboosted Blizzard, though), but it can also play HJK mindgames with Protect. It's a good thing that it's kinda rare(unless something changed in ORAS).

Set 4 is just annoying for your team, but it may be manageable. Greninja 4HKOes with Gunk Shot, while Cune 4HKOes back with Surf. Greninja can(will) miss, though, and a possible poison from Gunk Shot is healed by Lum Berry. Blaziken deals 76.5% min with LO HJK, but it risks using HJK on Protect. Cune also outspeeds uninvested MMence, and KOes with Blizzard or negates DD speed boosts with Icy Wind(not that you should set up on it, ofc).

Because of all this, I'd recommend Grass Knot>Gunk Shot. With this move, it 2HKOes any Suicune set, even if it gets a CM boost between the two hits. The only way Cune won't get 2HKOed is if it's set 3 and uses CM->Protect, because it then gets two turns of Leftovers recovery. If you can, you could breed a Timid Greninja too, so its Defense will be slightly higher and confusion/Foul Play damage is reduced.

Also, you say the speed EVs on Blaziken are to outspeed Talonflame, but remember, if it has Gale Wings, its Flying-type moves will outspeed Blaziken's moves regardless of speed boost(besides Protect lol) and OHKO.

Do you mind explaining bulky Mence's EV spread?

edit: and ofc, ninja'd :p
Thanks ^^ i have now changed to grass knot greninja ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)