League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
So, I thought about this earlier, but running smite on a non-jungler (like say an adc) could potentially work, amirite? I mean, with the different buff/debuffs that they give along with overall utility (like say you smite the small golem to add a mini stun to your autos). Not to mention you get some pretty great items via the lategame jungler items (i.e. 45ad, 10%cd, 10 apen or the aspd + bonus magic dmg per auto items) and the dueling utility. idk if it's worth the cost deficit you'd be dealing with early game but I'm wondering if it would be viable as a utility/combat summoner.

Coupled with the lower cooldown, it's potentially a better midgame ignite.

foxdrop has been heavily advocating for top lane warwick with smite so you can take golems level 1 and get a huge advantage, plus the fact that challenging smite + WW ult is broken

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So can anyone explain what to do to a point when playing Alistar top? I need a good carry for Top Lane when Im not cheesing with Viktor because, as of late, my one friend is doing so horrible I feel I need to become the damage and the tank at the same time. Alistar felt like a nice compromise so I just wanted to know ideally what to do with him...

...because seeing everyone's builds with him makes me go @_@;

So can anyone explain what to do to a point when playing Alistar top? I need a good carry for Top Lane when Im not cheesing with Viktor because, as of late, my one friend is doing so horrible I feel I need to become the damage and the tank at the same time. Alistar felt like a nice compromise so I just wanted to know ideally what to do with him...

Just play Renekton, ever since the nerf Alistar top is viable but a damage dealing tank and despite what people say as long as you aren't like 0/8/1 you should be fine late game.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
for those who may not know, OGN is running a preseason league in lieu of their standard champions winter

first match is TOMORROW 4:30 AM EST (GMT -5) with SK Telecom facing off against the newly qualified HUYA Tigers, followed by a new CJ Entus roster led by Ambition in the jungle taking on the other qualified team, Incredible Miracle

full schedule here: http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/Champions_Spring_2015/Preseason#Schedule_.26_VODs

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2ny9t9/amazing_caitlyns_base_skin_upgrade_made_by/

Cool.

I feel like Wukong is a premier top laner in solo queue this preseason. With outplay potential, great scaling, good teamfight, good damage, and the ability to win lane. Jarvan Top is good for similar reasons but is tanky and has more bully potential. You can also try Akali or Irelia Colonel M. Akali is pretty weak early game, but is super strong post 6 if you kept up in farm.

Teamfighter balanced tops are pretty good right now. I would reccomend Riven or Rumble, but they are more mechanically immersive than the former 3. I would use Teleport on all of those champions, but Riven should use Ignite. Just stomp lane, take turret, then pressure relevant areas on the map.

I still like to play split pushing top laners, but the champions I listed are a little more versatile and user friendly with the preseason changes.

Last edited:

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)

static shiv fh pwn noobs

for real tho just played gnar for the first time yesterday, he's probably what you're looking for. Bork into tank goodness http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-history/NA/40701944
okay so apparantly if you're not signed in that just brings you to my ranked history which I haven't used in months so screen shots

note my success may be tied to the fact that nobody at my elo can get more than 100 farm before 20 minutes

If feel you like you need to carry hard, I would suggest ryze vladimir and jax for top laner - fairly simple tanky hyper carries

Last edited:
I just want one team, ONE TEAM that understands that if you want to win teamfights and you have a fed Yasuo on your team you're supposed to do this thing called knocking people up in teamfights instead of chasing 24/7. Even worse you fucking chase even if a fed Yasuo ults the fed apc and the adc with a Q+ult and then blaming the Yasuo for how stupid they are.

This is AT least the 4th time that has happened to me.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Cabochard also looking like a mid-level EU top, which is great to see considering Gambit has struggled for over a year to find good toplaner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)